PDA

View Full Version : Kind of liked this wide-angle shot showing the sun and moon.

Cazzie
December 7th, 2009, 09:05
Took a flight from Danville to Smith Mountain on the A2A Piper Cub. Took 45 minutes, but that's what low and slow is all about. Who'd want to go fast on a clear day like today?

Caz

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/cazmodel/sun_moon.jpg

lifejogger
December 7th, 2009, 10:26
That is cool, I have never noticed that sun and moon could be seen at the same time if FSX.

cheezyflier
December 7th, 2009, 10:57
when it's day time, and you can see the ol' moon in the sky, that's the new moon :icon_lol:

Cazzie
December 7th, 2009, 11:09
Cheezy, it is a waning gibbous moon as it actually appears if you were up early this morning, meaning it is between full and last quarter. The wide-angle aspect distorts the moon and makes it look pinched.

Caz

harleyman
December 7th, 2009, 13:46
Hmmm I don't see the moon at all....Is it a shrunk pic for me or something?

JSkorna
December 7th, 2009, 17:18
Upper right?

CBris
December 7th, 2009, 17:36
That's the problem with large screenshots (1600 x 1000) - you're probably using a smaller monitor Harleyman. Try scrolling to the right, or at worst, right click the image and save it to your PC. If you open it there, you should see a resized version that will fit on your monitor.

Alternative #1 @ the forum mods - does your forum software not have a resize function? Oh - I see it is a photobucket image, OK

Alternative #2 @ Cazzie and other image posters using Photobucket - use the thumbnail option to post your images. That way they are opened in a new browser window and sized to fit. (with an option to click for full size)

Or of course Alternative #3 - upload your image using the Forum tool "Attach Files" when you write the message in "advanced mode"

Oh yes, I almost forgot, Cazzie. Lovely screenie! I like that touch of fish-eye.

cheezyflier
December 7th, 2009, 17:58
Cheezy, it is a waning gibbous moon as it actually appears if you were up early this morning, meaning it is between full and last quarter. The wide-angle aspect distorts the moon and makes it look pinched.

Caz

i wasn't up early this morning because i was up late last night flying :icon_lol:
of course that's no excuse for my moon mislabeling.
my excuse for that is, i believed something i found by googling. :173go1:

limjack
December 7th, 2009, 18:08
Ya, at first I was looking everywhere in the screenie for the moon. Even checked out the cockpit windows to make sure it wasn't that kind of moon then I scrolled right and Yep, there it is.
nice shot cazz.

Jim