PDA

View Full Version : for the GC guys

gaw
September 29th, 2008, 06:26
I'd love to install the 110's....G2s and G4s....to ETO as per suggestion but they require the GC shared files that are in an autoinstaller as well as a lot of the planes themselves....and I can't edit the installer to point at any other file than CFS3....the usual browse button doesn't activate and I can't change the text in the target path. Must be something dumb here but any thoughts would be most welcome! Thanks......

grizzly50
September 29th, 2008, 06:43
:kilroy:Gaw, I had posted this one before, but unfortunately, it is gone now. You have to "trick" the installer. I've had this problem myself. This procedure works.

1. Rename your Combat Flight Simulator 3 main game folder. Even by adding just one character.
2. Create a new folder in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\ and name it " Combat Flight Simulator 3 ", exactly.
3. Create new folders inside that new folder named aircraft, weapons, guns, etc.
4. Run the Shared Files self-installer. It will install its contents into this new folder.
5. Move (cut and paste) the newly-installed files that are inside that folder into the appropriate folders inside your old CFS3 main game folder. Make sure not to miss any of them.
6. After they have been transferred, delete the new Combat Flight Simulator 3 folder, and then rename your old Combat Flight Simulator 3 folder back to its original name of Combat Flight Simulator 3. You should be good to go.:d

OberstDanjeje
September 29th, 2008, 06:47
Simply install them in the default folder and later copy them in the ETO folder (you could rename the default folder just to have only the GC shared files at the end of the installation).
Some files are already in the ETO folder (aircraft\shared\GC_Shared).

gaw
September 29th, 2008, 07:40
very tricky.....brilliant!!! Many Thanks fellas!!!!!

middle
September 29th, 2008, 11:56
Here's what I do...I have installed some but not all of the gc planes into my virgin install of cfs3. That way, when I install an add-on like ETO, those planes are copied over into my ETO install. If for some reason I don't want them, I delete them from the new install.

Daiwilletti
September 29th, 2008, 15:20
A-ha!
Very cunning Mid! :applause: