PDA

View Full Version : Free 'Shade 8.5 Pro' in 3D World Magazine

Lionheart
December 6th, 2009, 16:36
Hey all,

For those that are into the 3D design world, there is a free edition of Shade 8.5 Professional in the CD that comes with the magazine, issue 123.

This has a 3D design engine (like Gmax), has an animation system for animating your models.. AND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can rendor pictures / scenes...

There is also a great tutorial on doing a Render, setting it up, etc.

Also, there is an article on the creation of the spacecraft 'dropship' from the movie 'District 9'. Pretty cool interview with details on how he made the model from scratch starting with a simple cube.

I highly recommend this issue and the magazine as well for those that are into making mesh models. Some cool concepts and ideas in it from modellors.

Bill

Piglet
December 6th, 2009, 16:39
I saw that. 500,000 polys?!?! For boxy, angular shapes? But then again my highest poly models top out around 35,000 polys

Henry
December 6th, 2009, 16:42
the only thing i know about pollys
is you can teach em to speak
whos a pretty boy then:applause:
H

Ickie
December 6th, 2009, 16:50
I'd like to get one of them CD's

Lionheart
December 6th, 2009, 18:08
When I searched for a pic of the front cover, I found that they already have launched the next issue, which has a wolf on the front. So if you really want this, find it quick. I found my issue at Borders books.

There are a ton of other tutorials and a huge texture database that come on the CD. Some pretty cool stuff for dev's..

Bill