PDA

View Full Version : warbirdsim question

jankees
December 6th, 2009, 08:32
I've run into a problem with the warbirdsim P-51B. I can't get more than 31 paintjobs to show up, beyond that, they turn into the skeleton aircraft you also see in the aircraft selection window. Is this another anti-piracy thing, or is there anybody with more than 31 repaints?

jim
December 6th, 2009, 08:35
I have 34; with much the same problem. Asked the vendor & they said they don't deal with repaints.

gajit
December 6th, 2009, 08:36
Sorry Jankees I cant help as I only have a few of your fantastic repaints. Thanks again for sharing them :wavey:

Kiwikat
December 6th, 2009, 08:39
Asked the vendor & they said they don't deal with repaints.

Wow... lol

That is a bit ridiculous.

Shylock
December 6th, 2009, 10:06
Is that the wonder woman paint job?

Bomber_12th
December 6th, 2009, 10:23
Jan Kees, that is definitely more paint schemes than I would have ever imagined installed for a single aircraft at one time, and with the original philosophy that there would be no repaints, something of the sort was not tested. It would be hard to point out as to why this may happen when you surpass a certain number of repaints - as far as I know there is no intentional cap of any kind on the number of repaints installed - it more/less sounds like an anomaly. For the update, this will be listed and perhaps something can be solved. All I can say right now is that I am sorry for this happening, but I hope it doesn't hold you back from creating more repaints - I don't think there is much harm in rotating in and out various repaints, especially as they begin over-populating the menu screen.

WarHorse47
December 6th, 2009, 11:42
Don't know if this is relevant or not...since I'm strictly FS9....., but my last Fltsim is number 53 for the WBS Mustang. :salute:

--WH

jankees
December 6th, 2009, 11:43
I had over 200 repaints for the A2A Mustang...
Oh well, it's just too bad...I'll have to wait for the update then.
Any news from the D front btw, John?

Bomber_12th
December 6th, 2009, 13:34
Jan Kees,

On the D front, the cockpit is being textured with help provided by tremendous resources gleaned from Midwest Aero Restorations - so it will be presented in exating standards. There are also some additional features I have been working on for the exterior. At the same time I have started getting the early mark K-14, created from 3-view photographs, functioning, and other animations created.

huub vink
December 6th, 2009, 13:53
For a moment I thought this was an experiment with extreme camouflage..... :engel016:

Huub

jankees
December 6th, 2009, 13:59
I was thinking (D-wise), any chance of a version without a fin fillet?
And an Iwo version (no wire, 3 antenennae)?

Bomber_12th
December 6th, 2009, 15:19
Jan Kees,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
With time, there very well may be. The focus right now is not aimed so much at WWII with the D however.<o:p></o:p>
Interestingly enough, I found out earlier this year that because the FAA goes by the service orders mandated on all military aircraft during their service lives, you cannot operate a P-51D, legally, without the vertical fin fillet in place - as it was much more than a stability factor, it was a safety factor. Also, it is amazing how many other differences there were between the D-5 (early tail) and following models with the addition of the fin fillet. The bubble canopy on the D-5's was not the same shape as that on any other make (eventually, between Inglewood and Dallas production, there were 3-4 other canopy shapes that found their way into production D/K Mustangs). The canopy on the A2A Mustang for instance is representative of the D-5 canopy shape. During the war, the NAA plant in Dallas sent replacement canopies to the European theatre, where they were installed on many D-5's according to photos, including the original "Happy Jack's Go Buggy" - and this Dallas canopy installation is copied in the restoration, and my copy of that restoration in virtual form. There were also differences in cockpit hardware and the gunsight was an N-9, with a backup ring and bead sight, instead of the K-14 of later models. Even the hole for the gun camera was round instead of square. <o:p></o:p>
Furthermore, with <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Iwo</st1:place></st1:City> versions, if I were to do them properly, I would need to find some reference images, beyond the few diagrams I have, showing the radio equipment in the cockpit that went with the additional antennas, of which I have plenty of photos. Speaking of which, Jim Beasley, the owner of "Bald Eagle", still has a passion for adding the three-antenna setup to a Mustang someday, and painting it in an <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Iwo</st1:place></st1:City> scheme, such as "The Enchantress". Selby Burch's P-51D, which recently flew for the first time post restoration, is painted in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Iwo</st1:place></st1:City> colors, but sports the stock antenna configuration.<o:p></o:p>

Beyond these, there are plenty of other significant Mustang variations off of the D. ;)

Wombat_VC
December 7th, 2009, 18:07
Jan Kees, that is definitely more paint schemes than I would have ever imagined installed for a single aircraft at one time, and with the original philosophy that there would be no repaints, something of the sort was not tested.

Obviously, the writer had not seen what we did to Lionheart's Quest Kodiak and it still kept flying.

Henry
December 8th, 2009, 05:30
Obviously, the writer had not seen what we did to Lionheart's Quest Kodiak and it still kept flying.
yup
i have 55 in one and 29 in the other
H

GBrutus
December 8th, 2009, 07:26
Well 35 should hopefully be enough for me. I've held off long enough but now I've gone ahead and purchased it. Just waiting for my activation email...

RCAF_Gunner
December 8th, 2009, 18:02
I'm not sure how extra repaints would trigger this, but when I've seen the skeleton aircraft I believe I was running out of memory. For example, if I use the buffer pools memory tweak and push the value up fairly high to address stutters, I see this kind of behavior fairly quickly on some aircraft but not all of them. Usually the first sign of trouble shows up in the aircraft preview but sometimes you don't see it until your flight has started.

Rich
December 8th, 2009, 18:09
looks like missing or wrongly placed textures or wrongly named to me number of paints should'nt cause that, I do'nt have it so can't comment any more other than I would look carefully at each paint folder to see whats in there including the default the repaints should be simmilar

p14u2nv
December 8th, 2009, 18:17
Are these repaints ok to run under SP-2 and/or Acceleration? If not I suspect that may be your issue. Check the creation/upload dates of each disappearing texture to be sure.

Also are these textures DX-9 and being run DX-10 enabled?

Just my two cents worth as that was my problem with non visible textures.