Skipsan
December 9th, 2009, 10:15
CG the Bear's are way too cool :salute::salute::salute:

Good_2_Be how is you new ship coming along :wiggle:

Skipsan :kilroy:

PS: WE need our bananas back :pop4:

Good_2_Be
December 9th, 2009, 19:51
Have not let her run down the slipway yet, bit o fine tuning yet. LOD's and some paint and a DP file. Real world keeps stealing my motivation 21983

Good_2_Be
December 9th, 2009, 20:04

PSULLYKEYS
December 12th, 2009, 07:22
Lookin' good GTB!:guinness::icon29:

Skipsan
December 12th, 2009, 07:39
Hello again :wavey:

She is beautiful :ernae::ernae::ernae:
What program are you using to model the ship? I just down loaded "Free!ship" Deep in my sole I know that I must get in to ship building :monkies: I personally enjoy the smaller ship like: Army FP/FT Vessels large yard craft and others like APc small coastal transport :mixedsmi: http://www.navsource.org/archives/09/23/23001.htm

Please keep up all your great work's I do enjoy your efforts and artistry :applause::applause::applause:

PS Are the Banana's back? Oh I do hope-so

Collin
December 12th, 2009, 08:06
Skipsan,

You have to make up your mind which sim you wanna build for.

Gmax can build for most but is difficult to learn.

FSDS will make models for cfs2 and 3 but will cost you. Its made by Abacus and is quite easy to learn. If it is cfs2 you wanna build for then you will need FSDS2.

Delft ship is available as free trial.

Not sure about Free!ship, you might find that exporting the model can be complicated.

If you have deep pockets, 3Dmax versions 8 or 9, is top of the range, but again difficult to learn.

Beside's all that, you will have to get the plans of the models you make or at least a good bit of data to make a half decent model.

Let us know what you gonna do and the guys here can help you.

regards Collin:ernae:

Collin
December 12th, 2009, 12:23
Skipsan,

this is a typical Gmax user.....

Please note the following....

The "what the f:censored:", expression.

The busted nose where he has been banging his head against the monitor.

The unshaven and generally unkempt appearance,(the slovenly brute).

The tired eyes from staring at the screen wondering what happened to his texture's.

The hood to cover his baldness.

The empties waiting to be returned and replenished (background left).

The fur lined toilet (background right) and no toilet paper.

Skipsan, this could be you in a few weeks time.:kilroy:

Dirtman
December 13th, 2009, 07:13
The hood to cover his baldness.

Plus he is in Phoenix AZ (at a temp of 75 degrees Fahrenheit) and wearing a light arctic parka. :isadizzy:

.. it appears that severe "G-string brain-damage" has already occurred .. very similar to your affliction Collin! 22500

Skipsan
December 14th, 2009, 08:41
Collin I shall try and head/remember your dyer warning of thing to come :guinness::guinness:

However I must give it a go :ernae: It seams no-one is interested in the small workhorse of the fleet:bump: Take a Army FT hauling trash from one forward supply base to a forward Army Air
Unit and along comes 2 Pete's :pop4: The fight is on FT w/2-twin .50 cal's and 1-single 40mm AA :icon_lol::icon_lol: Ether side can win this fight. Pulse when one looks at the Fleet, yes the Big Boy's stand out and are the one's noticed. That being said look around them what is filling in all that space? Aux, support, supply and services craft :blind:

Thank you for your support and concern for my health and wellbeing :salute:

Skipsan
December 14th, 2009, 09:03
Excuse Me Dirtman! I belive that Toronto OH-CANADA is in the Canada Banana Belt :bump: Why not come up to the real Canada; NW Ontario Ca :icon_lol: I senses a Freudian slip :pop4: Dirtman winters-over in AZ [southern US] :monkies:

Nice try but no banana's Oh you are in the banana belt :icon_lol:

CG_1976
December 14th, 2009, 09:15
Excuse Me Dirtman! I belive that Toronto OH-CANADA is in the Canada Banana Belt :bump: Why not come up to the real Canada; NW Ontario Ca :icon_lol: I senses a Freudian slip :pop4: Dirtman winters-over in AZ [southern US] :monkies:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: Good one. He may be in the Canada Banna Belt but im not. Im in the Canada Freezer. Skipsan good luck with Gmax. I tried to many times and failed, but im learning 3DS Max at the local collage. Just remember I can snow bomb and chill bomb Dirt or the lower 48.

Dirtman
December 14th, 2009, 11:03
Yo Skip;

No man ... I'm in the Kanadian BEER BELT!

..... 22706

Yo CG;

Remember: Yellowknife is where we send people ... to get RID of them!

Have a nice winter!

.... 22707

Dirtman
December 14th, 2009, 11:18

Yo Skip;

OK so yer a little slow on the up-take .... let me explain it to you: :173go1:

The pic Collin posted is of Good_2_B (from his webcam) .... he lives in Arizona .... he thinks 75F is cold.

Now do you understand Bro?
I could elaborate farther .... maybe put all the info in a .PDF & email it to ya?

22708 22708 22708

Good_2_Be
December 14th, 2009, 18:40
The "what the f:censored:", expression. Evening talking to the Dozen

The busted nose where he has been banging his head against the monitor. This is a fine noble nose busted by a 2X4

The unshaven and generally unkempt appearance,(the slovenly brute). The benefit of not working in a office, Slovenly indeed, the ladies like a rugged scruffy look. I think next summer I'm gonna work in a kilt.

The tired eyes from staring at the screen wondering what happened to his texture's. From looking at Collin 22770

The hood to cover his baldness. Bald, your just jealous of my long locks and full head o hair.

The empties waiting to be returned and replenished (background left). Those are strictly medicinal from mi own still :guinness:

The fur lined toilet (background right) and no toilet paper. Aye it be mink. but what is toilet paper let alone a toilet?

Skipsan, this could be you in a few weeks time.:kilroy: Seriously takes less than three days and the ladies won't leave you alone 22773

And I know 70 degree's is cold 22775

Collin
December 15th, 2009, 01:52
.. it appears that severe "G-string brain-damage" has already occurred .. very similar to your affliction Collin!

Oh gawd........"Trollops in the Mist"........:pop4:

G2B, no more excuses, and for your information toilet paper is what you use instead of the cat.:173go1:

Sorry about them Skip and CG, but thats what you get when you use Gstring or live to close to Quebec.:icon_lol:

Skipsan
December 16th, 2009, 08:44
Well Collin I downloaded "DELFT Ship free" so we shall have a go I think :bump::bump:

Have a question for you; would your "Crew @ Fox Four" consider taking on this little ditty: http://www.warboats.org/crashboat.htm
The Med air-crew's really would appreciate it :applause:

Collin
December 16th, 2009, 12:01
Well Collin I downloaded "DELFT Ship free" so we shall have a go I think :bump::bump:

Have a question for you; would your "Crew @ Fox Four" consider taking on this little ditty: http://www.warboats.org/crashboat.htm
The Med air-crew's really would appreciate it :applause:

I downloaded Delft a couple of years ago....never did any serious work with it, so it got deleted a couple of months back. Now I'm waiting for FSDS4 to come out.:kilroy:

There is already a RAF rescue launch out for cfs2. But, as with most sites, they will give you the plans for profile and plan view but leave out the boring bit the "lines" plan.
"lines" show the shape of the hull fore and aft which in turn governs the shape of the main deck and the superstructure, see below.

To make a good 3D model, you really have to find the plans to a specific date an gather what data you can about the ship at that time. Nowadays, this might involve buying foreign booklets like Profile Morskie or some Japanese publication, (which is great, it means you have to approach the Polish waitresses for translations and let things happen from there:icon_lol:).

The crash boat, has a difficult hull because of its 'chine', I would have to look up in my library to see if there were any comparable plans. But between making the new tanker (bitch of a bridge) and the 'Fuhrer' giving me crazy orders in Blitzkrieg Mission Barbarossa (I'm now Oberstleutnant), my time is at a premium.

By all means test a few ship modelling programs, but remember that they have to be able to export to cfs2 and be able to have that file usable by the sim. Once you have this the next stage is your setup in file's, when you have made a part, gun/lifeboat/winch, etc, save the part to a file by itself so that you can recall it for another model at a later date, this saves a lot of time.

Skipsan
December 16th, 2009, 12:48
Roger that Collin :salute: I do not like doing bits and piece's over and over again :isadizzy:

My thought was you could import the plan & profile views plot the points and go from there. Vice doing or trying to locate the lines. Although the FT/FP do have a very nice set of lines for the plans :jump:

Thanks for the info Collin

crashaz
December 16th, 2009, 21:26
Talkin smack about the GMAX users again I see.

Good thing I am sooo above such attacks... otherwise I would have to close this thread. :icon_lol:

Good_2_Be
December 16th, 2009, 21:41
Talkin smack about the GMAX users again I see.

Good thing I am sooo above such attacks... otherwise I would have to close this thread. :icon_lol:

And to think it started with Hello

Beware the Darkside Skipsan they have biscuits.

Any problems give a yell but I'm sure Lord Collin has you going along pretty well. The man is absolutely Brilliant

Skipsan
December 24th, 2009, 07:24
Hello-Hello again :wavey: Marry Christmas to you and yours :salute: To our British and Canadian contingent Happy Boxing Day and a Joyous Christmas day :bump::bump:

Skipsan in Cheese-land :kilroy:

Skipsan
December 29th, 2009, 08:24
Hello-Hello-Hello for the last time this year :wavey: Wishing all you chaps a very Happy New Year :ernae::ernae::bump::bump:

Collin
December 29th, 2009, 14:49
Thanks Skip, the same to you.

I'm still trying to work out what a "smack talking G-stringer" is.:isadizzy:

Happy new year to you bunch of pirates, even if yer a G-stringer or a evil biscuit noshing darksider,

PSULLYKEYS
December 30th, 2009, 06:49
Happy New Year ya motley bunch of Pirates!:blind:

Skipsan
January 3rd, 2010, 11:58
Hello-Hello-Hello-hello anyone? 2010 is here hope one and all made it safely.

Question: how does one import a jpg file into DELFTship program :isadizzy:

Collin
January 3rd, 2010, 14:10
Hello-Hello-Hello-hello anyone? 2010 is here hope one and all made it safely.

Question: how does one import a jpg file into DELFTship program :isadizzy:

Ahh..so....erro glasshopper.....

Dunno...:kilroy:....try changing it to a bmp? Or better still get fsds and ditch the Delft mother.

Skipsan
January 4th, 2010, 15:09
OK :isadizzy: guess-so :icon29::icon29::icon29: That FSDS, that would be the plane building program that has been around for ever? Something about some version not the latest one :isadizzy:

Collin
January 5th, 2010, 07:15
Hi Skip,

If you wanna make models for cfs2 then you need FSDS V2.4,.

If you purchase from Abacus then you will have to tell them, (they have been known to send a customer the latest fsds 3 and the 2.4 version as a freebie).

http://www.abacuspub.com/default_fs.html

Go down the listing until you see FSDS 3, click on it and go to the bottom of the new page. There are 2 ways to get it, via a download or by post on a CD. (I suggest the latter, as you will always be able to renew if you should get a computer glitch.

The person to contact is Adam Howe.

Skipsan
January 5th, 2010, 14:02
Very well Collin will do :salute:

Skipsan
January 20th, 2010, 08:55
Off on 30 days leave to South Padre Island Tx. in the early AM. Iowa has rain/ice coming down at an 1/4 + an hour sooooooo! It should be a fun drive tomorrow.:bump::bump:

Take care of the shop:guinness:

Collin
January 20th, 2010, 10:55
Off on 30 days leave to South Padre Island Tx. in the early AM. Iowa has rain/ice coming down at an 1/4 + an hour sooooooo! It should be a fun drive tomorrow.:bump::bump:

Take care of the shop:guinness:

Have fun and take care:icon29:

Skipsan
February 13th, 2010, 09:40
Hello all from sunny day at South Padre Island TX. This has come to all via the Black Art of wi-fi

Skipsa :kilroy:

Collin
February 13th, 2010, 09:49
Hello all from sunny day at South Padre Island TX. This has come to all via the Black Art of wi-fi

Skipsa :kilroy:

A wifi? don't cha have to marry one of them?:jump:

Glad ya made it ok, enjoy while you can.

regards Collin:icon29:

Skipsan
February 24th, 2010, 06:37
Home at last :mixedsmi: We [my brother & me] took the central Kansas tour-de force late afternoon an evening last Saturday during "a really big rain/sleet/ice storm" missed the exit on the turnpike :isadizzy: All are safe car was covered in ice and sleet:wiggle:

Now on to redoing my dp for TR's_DP-7/Boston. Got the Eng numbers right just have to fiddle with the drag to get here fast enough for the spec's and adj the bomb loads. Fuel is a bit off a quandary the French DB-7A had 205 gal's and the British DB-7B was 394 gal's. Yet T.O. No. 01-40AC-1 Sec III, 580 gal's available for flight with the R-2600-11 engine.

SdC Redux
February 24th, 2010, 07:02
Hi Skip,

If you wanna make models for cfs2 then you need FSDS V2.4,.
I realize this is kind of an old post, but: you can also use GMax/3dsmax with the makemdl from the fs2002 SDK and MiddleMan to create cfs2 MDL's....

Skipsan
March 6th, 2010, 07:14
Sully working on an updated dp for your Trawlers; British dp & German dp[KFK= Kriegsfischkutter]. Thinking of throwing in a couple of Lewis Gun's to round out the Brit. dp, crew size will accommodate it.

An Collin I've got an oiler dp rate-holed somewhere for TR's oiler. YES, YES LOT'S OF FLAK thank you very much:jump: Rami may be interested in this for the Med:pop4:

TR if you're out there I'm almost ready to send a mod-ed Air file, Cfig & dp file for your most wonderful DB-7/Boston . She is very close to spec at top-end a bit slow at Sea Level has the bomb range for the 1,000lb load [745 +] miles. Fuel is corrected to 394 US gal's with no reserve:isadizzy: Bomb load's adj to report's max= 4x500lb'ers or 8x250lb'ers. And [I]Normal load 1,000 lb's= 2x500lb'ers or 4x250lb'ers. Mg's are coveted back to .303 Lewis mg @ 600yd's:guinness: Coming your way shortly.

Skipsan:kilroy:

PSULLYKEYS
March 6th, 2010, 20:21
Thanks Skip, improvements welcome! BTW, I didn't put a bow wave on her, 8-9 kts, the smallest one looks 2 big, also better on the framerates!:guinness:

Collin
March 6th, 2010, 22:45
Thanks Skip, improvements welcome! BTW, I didn't put a bow wave on her, 8-9 kts, the smallest one looks 2 big, also better on the framerates!:guinness:

You can always make your own or take the smallest one and place it at -3 or -4 in Y axis in the .dp file.:icon_lol:

Skipsan
March 7th, 2010, 07:01
Thank you for the information Collin :wavey: It's good to know :pop4:

P.S. By-the-by what ever happened to all the groovy Banana's miss'em :isadizzy: