PDA

View Full Version : Trouble getting cab file...

Drzook
December 6th, 2009, 07:22
Hi there,
I have been trying for a couple of days now to get the gauges in Piglet's T-47 Snowspeeder to extract properly but I get an error message every time. I have tried downloading it from here and flightsim.com but with the same result. I even tried copying it in the zip file and pasting but it still won't go. Any ideas?

BTW, my 8-year old son thinks chasing airliners with Piglet's Y-Wing (which also uses the T-47 cab file to a lesser extent) was simply awesome (at least until we deployed the airbrakes to avoid hitting that MD-80; then we heard a loud bang followed by us spinning out of control. I turned to Bob and said 'We lost something'. Bobby, not missing a moment to quote anything from Star Wars, said 'Don't worry. At least we still have half a ship':kilroy:)

dogknot
December 6th, 2009, 08:01
Can't say what is hanging up on your end. I just downloaded and extracted without a hitch using first winzip classic, then winzip wizard, and 7zip.

here is the page for the freeware 7-zip.
http://www.7-zip.org/

stansdds
December 6th, 2009, 08:05
Hi there,

BTW, my 8-year old son thinks chasing airliners with Piglet's Y-Wing (which also uses the T-47 cab file to a lesser extent) was simply awesome (at least until we deployed the airbrakes to avoid hitting that MD-80; then we heard a loud bang followed by us spinning out of control. I turned to Bob and said 'We lost something'. Bobby, not missing a moment to quote anything from Star Wars, said 'Don't worry. At least we still have half a ship':kilroy:)

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: :applause:

Lionheart
December 6th, 2009, 08:40
'Don't worry. At least we still have half a ship':kilroy:)

Thats hilarious, lololol..

My little newphew who just recently became taller then me (man they grow fast) would love to see more SciFi in FS. He said 'then kids would really want to play it'.

I use iZark. Brilliant program. Freeware. Very very powerful and can zip/unzip really rare formats. Should be powerful enough for a CAB. (I use it for opening those).

You might think of getting him X3 Terran Conflict for Christmas if he is really into space and all..

Bill

Drzook
December 6th, 2009, 10:41
Oddly enough, I've had 7-zip for quite some time but had completely forgotten about it. I dug it back up, tried it and voila...now I have a full instrument panel for the Y-wing and the Snowspeeder. Thanks guys!:ernae:
Of course Bob's now wanting to know where the Imperial walkers are at...:running:

n4gix
December 6th, 2009, 11:24
Of course Bob's now wanting to know where the Imperial walkers are at...:running:

Several years ago, Chuck Jodry released vjpl_walker.zip at AVSIM. Unfortunately, that file was toasted during the infamous "HACK ATTACK" earlier this year... :pop4:

See http://www.aerodynamika.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1168289281/15 for a thread on the project and some cool screenshots.

I've just shot Chuck an email to see if he still has the file in his archives so that it may be re-uploaded to AVSIM.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
December 6th, 2009, 15:32
https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&send_id=786657076&email=e27e473a41ccb60dc2d37bc904a1fe9d

Hi , i uploaded the VJPL_WALKER.exe file to you send it , this was made when Windows XP was the OS so if running vista you will need to extract to a temporary folder .

I will send it in to Avsim again as well but that takes a couple of days to show up , i will need to check through the rest of the files i have there at the same time as well but was kinda suprised that this one was Kaput and that there was a grand total of 65000 downloads of all the files combined from just one site , enjoy the walker it was fun to build and use .
Best C.Jodry

Drzook
December 6th, 2009, 15:37
Thank you very much. You've made an 8-year old (and his old man) very happy! :ernae::medals: