PDA

View Full Version : A thread for those who will be alone on Christmas...

Navy Chief
December 6th, 2009, 05:45
I am included in that bunch, and was thinking perhaps of having a multiplayer event that day. In between taking shots of eggnog, I thought it would be fun to do some cub flying up in the northwest. Anyone interested on Christmas Day?

NC

Odie
December 6th, 2009, 05:46
Hey Chief, is that your co-pilot?

Navy Chief
December 6th, 2009, 05:48
Hey Chief, is that your co-pilot?

No, but he looks a lot like one of the cats I do have. I hadn't planned to be alone on Christmas, but the girlfriend dumped me......

Cloud9Gal
December 6th, 2009, 06:13
I'm sorry to hear that Pete! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-hug005.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

I know you are feeling down,but now, you pick yourself right back up Sir! There are more than one fish in the sea! Don't give up! Be patient my friend and take it one day at a time! You can do this! http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-happy-smileys-964.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Sad-Smileys/)

cheezyflier
December 6th, 2009, 06:51
i have been in your shoes, a couple of times. it's not the ideal situation, but you can do it. buy a book to read, rent some action films, stay away from tv and radio. make sure you have what you need at home cause most of the stores will be closed.

harleyman
December 6th, 2009, 07:02
Hey Ol Man...

You are welcome to spend Christmas with us if you care too...

Sucks to be alone on the Holidays...

I knew that something was up from your attitude in another thread I read of yours...About the holidays....

Navy Chief
December 6th, 2009, 07:40
It surely is heartwarming to know I have so many friends who care 'bout me out there. Thanks.

NC

JoeW
December 6th, 2009, 07:47
You have the right idea. Find something to do. Go shoot some pool. Fly online. Anything that you enjoy.
If you decide to fly online ... whats the Address? I may join you. The main thing is not to dewell on being alone.

Kiwikat
December 6th, 2009, 08:17
I'd be happy to fly with any of you guys. I still think SOH should have its own multiplayer server...

crashaz
December 6th, 2009, 09:36
I will be hanging out at the brother's house most likely but I will lug my 'puter over to fly some multiplayer online with ya for Christmas brother.

That'll give me the chance to see FSX on the HD projector on 101 in screen. :icon_lol:

That's a promise Chief!!:salute:

Navy Chief
December 6th, 2009, 09:40
I will be hanging out at the brother's house most likely but I will lug my 'puter over to fly some multiplayer online with ya for Christmas brother.

That'll give me the chance to see FSX on the HD projector on 101 in screen. :icon_lol:

That's a promise Chief!!:salute:

James, that is a very nice gesture, shipmate. I just might have to roll out my DLP projector, and fly with the 6 by 8 ft screen. Haven't used it in many months. Got it repaired, and shut it in a closet........ Thanks for the offering to fly MP. Friendship is much appreciated right now. That goes to all of you on SOH. I appreciate every one of you.

NC

Cloud9Gal
December 6th, 2009, 10:12
Hey, nothing says we can't have our "own" little Christmas party here!

Hang in there Pete!

http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Love/friends-067.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/Free-Love-Smileys.html)

Chacha
December 6th, 2009, 10:17
You have the right idea. Find something to do. Go shoot some pool. Fly online. Anything that you enjoy.
If you decide to fly online ... whats the Address? I may join you. The main thing is not to dewell on being alone.

Who knows, maybe I might join you on a multi-player, I have not done that in a year, I fly alone (- I take that back- oh, with daughter) ... That would be a great idea.... :ernae:

Navy Chief
December 6th, 2009, 10:17
Hey, nothing says we can't have our "own" little Christmas party here!

Hang in there Pete!

http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Love/friends-067.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/Free-Love-Smileys.html)

Friends like you help me keep my "head above water". Thank you. Thank you so, so much.

NC

Willy
December 6th, 2009, 11:51
Back when CFS 1 was the hot sim and we were still known as Combat Flight Center, we used to hold special online IP matches on Holidays. We had the Thanksgiving Day Turkey Shoot and on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day would have all kinds of furballs going on usually including a well armed Santa's Sleigh.

For FS8, FS9 and FSX we now use MoparMike's FSHost server. Use mape.gotdns.org in the IP adress on the multiplayer page in FS. If I get a chance, I'll join yall.

Willy

GT182
December 6th, 2009, 12:08
Pete, if we get back home in time I'll join in on MP. Haven't done any MP flying in a long time. Don't just do one flight.... set one up for later on in the evening too. ;)

And yer not alone, I think there's a few of us around here that's had the same happen to us over the years.... has me. It's no fun alone, just keep yer head and go out to eat somewhere that's open. You never know but it could be the best thing. Get out of that house and enjoy yourself. ;) :salute:

cheezyflier
December 6th, 2009, 14:22
if you go out to eat, it could end up like this:

46WcFObgYhI

Snuffy
December 6th, 2009, 14:54
First things first NC ...

You are never alone. Get that misconception out of your head and right now. You may be single, but you are not alone. As long as you have this website and friends here who will be supporting you you are never alone. Also as long as you have a form of faith, you know just as well you are never alone.

There's a difference here between being single and being alone. Its easy to differenciate between too.

Secondly, though Debra was a cutie, and she may have jilted you, I have to go along with C9G on this one ... there are plenty more out there that can be caught. (some are even better than the one you just had! Believe it or not!) As prudish as this sounds, your mentality of "oh gee she left me ..." needs to be changed to "oh well her loss ... not mine ... "

I know there are people out there in the world, both male and female that for whatever reason, their makeup says that they just have to have a partner in their life ... but I'm here to tell you ... not having a partner isn't such a bad thing. It takes some grooming to get used to being single, and it can be an aquired lifestyle, but people do it all the time, both male and female.

I've been partner free for over 13 years now (mebbe longer) ... I never feel at a loss, because I don't dwell on the "obvious problem" that of being single. Have you ever sat back when you were partnered and said to yourself, "You know if I were single I could be doing thus and such ..." Well now's your chance. Step out ... no holds bared ...

Take time for yourself, experience your new found liberty, go to those places that you've always wanted to but didn't because for whatever reason your partner didn't care to want to go.

Really, NC, Its not so bad. There are many of us on this board who for whatever reason are single, and have been single for a while ... but we have just as much fun as the next guy because we don't look at singleness as a handicap.

Cheer up bud, its not so bad. Yeah it might be difficult at first but really, the more you put yourself into the thought process of this lifestyle, you might find it not so bad.

Certainly your christmas shopping list just got shorter and cheaper! :) That's gotta account for something eh?

Post where you want to do some online flying, if I can get there I will, otherwise, I have every confidence that you'll make it out of this just fine.

Ickie
December 6th, 2009, 14:56
well I live alone but skitzofrenic :ernae:

Navy Chief
December 6th, 2009, 15:07
I am taken aback at the outpouring of concern from my post. Thank you all so much. I have always considered everyone on SOH to be good friends, but this means a lot to me that you kind folks took the time to reply.

In this world of so much indifference, it heartens me to realize there really are people who care.

Thank you all.

Pete

Chacha
December 6th, 2009, 15:09
Well said Ted! :salute:

Panther_99FS
December 6th, 2009, 16:02
Back when CFS 1 was the hot sim and we were still known as Combat Flight Center, we used to hold special online IP matches on Holidays. We had the Thanksgiving Day Turkey Shoot and on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day would have all kinds of furballs going on usually including a well armed Santa's Sleigh.

For FS8, FS9 and FSX we now use MoparMike's FSHost server. Use mape.gotdns.org in the IP adress on the multiplayer page in FS. If I get a chance, I'll join yall.

Willy

That's goin' back in the day....:guinness:

Piglet
December 6th, 2009, 21:10
How about those who WANT to be alone on Christmas? Doing the family thing can be grating after awhile....

crashaz
December 6th, 2009, 21:15
Some of us don't have that option Piglet. :icon_lol:

deKoven
December 7th, 2009, 03:53
Hmm, well, hmmm. I live alone and like it. No one to tell me what to do, no hunnydo lists. If I wanna eat dessert first no one's gonna say different. Christmas day I'm gonna turn on the machineroonie and play EverQuest2 from O'dark hundred to nightfall. :mixedsmi:

Yes, there are many compensations on the other side of the coin. Y'all are welcome to that side if you like.

Trans_23
December 7th, 2009, 13:50
I just happen to know a server that you can fly on if that is what you want to do on Christmas. I have a daughter just getting home from her tour in Iraq and another daughter whose husband is in Iraq and a son in the corps all flying in for for Christmas so my time will be booked up solid for a while.
Send me a PM and I will get you the information you need. There is also a Teamspeak server you can us if you want to bs back and forth.
Let me know. :icon_lol:

Navy Chief
December 7th, 2009, 13:55
Send me a PM and I will get you the information you need. There is also a Teamspeak server you can us if you want to bs back and forth.
Let me know. :icon_lol:

Thanks Trans! Will do.

NC

Kiwikat
December 7th, 2009, 15:18
Guys we should really pull together and get a SOH FS Host server going.

Dangerousdave might even be able to make one for SOH if we ask kindly, who knows?

It would be a lot of fun if people used it and teamspeak. It would be great to get to know everyone a little better and fly together. The good part about FS host is that FS 8,9, and 10 are all supported. :ernae:

I'm still amazed that such a tightly knit online community doesn't enjoy the hobby together :isadizzy:

harleyman
December 7th, 2009, 15:45
I have never flown online ..Ever..... :isadizzy:

Navy Chief
December 7th, 2009, 15:52

It is a lot of fun. I don't do much of it as in years past. I wish that Teamspeak 3 would get released. The current version is ok, but I always have trouble getting my microphone to work.

NC

Chacha
December 7th, 2009, 16:01

It has been almost a year since I have flown Multi Player.... Some kids fly to close to my wings and fly past me.... :isadizzy:

It was a lot of fun.... I normally get lost out sea, or crash into a mountain, when a mountain just pop up in front of me... Silly mountain! :icon_lol:

Piglet
December 7th, 2009, 19:46
Silly mountain!

They're not mountains, they're granite clouds!

Chacha
December 7th, 2009, 20:11
They're not mountains, they're granite clouds!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL , Piglet...

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Reddog
December 8th, 2009, 08:21

You don't know what your missing!! I never fly offline any more.

harleyman
December 8th, 2009, 14:08
You don't know what your missing!! I never fly offline any more.

I know...thats what they all say....

Pete and I were going to do it after working on his tripple boot for a week, but it fizzled away....

Navy Chief
December 8th, 2009, 14:13
I know...thats what they all say....

Pete and I were going to do it after working on his tripple boot for a week, but it fizzled away....

Hey now! I do appreciate all the work you did to help me try and fix that! Incidentally, I gave up trying to get all the drives to work on boot up. Actually, right now, the only drive I am using is my VISTA 64 bit drive.

Anyway, multiplayer flying is a blast! I haven't done it in a very long time. I spend more time downloading and tweaking my FSX install than I do any flying, period. The latest thing I am trying to find a fix for, is why the USS Nimitz will not show up, using one of the "canned" flights. Aircraft shows up, midair. But no ship.

NC