PDA

View Full Version : Banfest: Microsoft now banning players over COD:MW2 Glitch

hey_moe
December 6th, 2009, 04:20
MMMMMM, something different >> http://www.dailytech.com/Banfest+Microsoft+Now+Banning+Players+Over+CODMW2+ Glitch/article17039.htm

OBIO
December 6th, 2009, 05:46
First, Microsoft ticked off computer users by shoving Vista down their throats. Now, it is ticking off gamers with this rash series of bans....and I'm not even talking about the 600 thousand plus whose X-Box machines were rendered useless.

My nephew got a new X-Box and some WW2 themed game...World At War was in the title. Within the first 15 minutes of game play, as I watched over his shoulder checking out the game, he fell into a hole in the game. He was within the wall of a building and could move from building to building...killing people without being seen. Did he cheat to get into this glitch...nope...he simply fell into it. He got a 24 hour ban for killing people while in this glitch. Was that fair....no, not by a long shot.

Way to go Microsoft....keep alienating your customer base and send them running to Apple and Sony. Sooner or later you will go belly up and maybe then we can get operating and gaming systems that actually work for more than a month before having to be rebuilt.

OBIO

cheezyflier
December 6th, 2009, 07:04
Way to go Microsoft....keep alienating your customer base and send them running to Apple and Sony.

better get your nomex suit on. the rabid microsoft defenders will be coming to get you :icon_lol:

stiz
December 6th, 2009, 07:33
one of the posters makes a good point

It's in the X-box live Terms of service.

5. How You May Not Use the Service.
-exploit a bug, or make an unauthorized modification, to any software or data to gain unfair advantage in a game , contest, or promotion

Within the first 15 minutes of game play, as I watched over his shoulder checking out the game, he fell into a hole in the game. He was within the wall of a building and could move from building to building...killing people without being seen. Did he cheat to get into this glitch...nope...he simply fell into it. He got a 24 hour ban for killing people while in this glitch. Was that fair....no, not by a long shot.

as an online gamer i can say that theres nothing worse than playing against someone who can shoot you but not be shot at. Some servers allow it, but the vast majority dont and tend to say so, of course some servers are better admined than others and more lax with the rules and use an admin command to respawn you. Do it repeatly and you tend to get banned tho.

Rezabrya
December 6th, 2009, 08:22
Yes it is in the TOS but I still think it is wrong. How can they ban you for using a feature in the game that was their fault? I play this game and yes it does get really annoying when people do this glitch, but that should just make Infinity Ward rush to get the patch out and not concentrate on banning people unfairly. If I got banned, I would certainly bitch and moan until they unbanned me because this is not fair at all.

Kiwikat
December 6th, 2009, 08:26
Yes it is in the TOS but I still think it is wrong. How can they ban you for using a feature in the game that was their fault? I play this game and yes it does get really annoying when people do this glitch, but that should just make Infinity Ward rush to get the patch out and not concentrate on banning people unfairly. If I got banned, I would certainly bitch and moan until they unbanned me because this is not fair at all.

It isn't a "feature". It is an unintended glitch.

Quit banning people and go fix it, IW. Oh, and add dedicated servers to the PC version. :173go1:

tigisfat
December 6th, 2009, 10:01
There's many things you can do to cheat in online gaming. Every server has it's own rules, most of which ban activities that you can fully access within the game even while in normal gameplay. You must follow them, or be kicked off. A 24 hour ban is very user-friendly, if you ask me. I accidentally broke a server rule during an Arma II battle, and I was teleported to the far end of the map and had to listen to 'banana phone' for a half hour. :bump:

You wanna play, you gotta follow the rules. It takes a lot of effort to keep a game server running equitably, fun and fair.

Lionus
December 6th, 2009, 10:10
and this is why I've kept myself in the Sony camp. :icon_lol:

Allen
December 6th, 2009, 11:16
better get your nomex suit on. the rabid microsoft defenders will be coming to get you :icon_lol:

I'll defend OBIO.

Sony and the PS3 crated a vacume of suck so bad for 3 year, with the PS3 beng $600 and no game for it. Something of going to fill vacume of suck soon and it's going to be pissed of 360 users. Now that the PS3 is down to the price of 360 and game are comming out for it more and more.

If I was Xbox live user and I was geting banned. My 360 always RRODs. MS says to to ship it back and wait a month for it to be fixed. I'd swich about now.

A glitch is fair to all users. Quit banning people, go fix it and STFU M$.

GT182
December 6th, 2009, 12:15
It's one reason friends and I would use IP to IP for COD2 and IL2. Servers area PITA aI times. I try and stay away from servers and their problem children that have to cheat. But calling a bug that was built into a game a cheat is just plain wrong. Fix the dam thing MS, you're only hurting yerself until you do.

Gdavis101
December 6th, 2009, 21:27
Some years back I played the old Delta Force games almost every night, online and with a group of friends.. We even went as far as building out own maps for it and it was pretty cool! Then, one night I was playing, same group of friends, and no matter what I did I kept getting killed. I literally couldn't move without getting shout... The next day I asked my friend how he was able to get me so many times and I wasn't able to see him at all.. His reply was that he had cheated, he was able to turn the brightness down and the contrast up on his CRT and in doing so it revealed everyone's locations by just displaying a square pixel or something that would move up and down, he would sight in on the pixel with a sniper rifle and just pick everyone off.

That pretty much did it for me with online play and I never went back to Delta Force.. The X-Box, have never really been into online... Tried playing the new version of BF1942 and as soon as I spawned as a soldier on the Japanese side another player on the Japanese side came along and shot me... And don't even get me started about the endless barrage of moron talk that comes from teenage gamers, life is to short!

Allen
December 6th, 2009, 22:00
Some years back I played the old Delta Force games almost every night, online and with a group of friends.. We even went as far as building out own maps for it and it was pretty cool! Then, one night I was playing, same group of friends, and no matter what I did I kept getting killed. I literally couldn't move without getting shout... The next day I asked my friend how he was able to get me so many times and I wasn't able to see him at all.. His reply was that he had cheated, he was able to turn the brightness down and the contrast up on his CRT and in doing so it revealed everyone's locations by just displaying a square pixel or something that would move up and down, he would sight in on the pixel with a sniper rifle and just pick everyone off.

That pretty much did it for me with online play and I never went back to Delta Force.. The X-Box, have never really been into online... Tried playing the new version of BF1942 and as soon as I spawned as a soldier on the Japanese side another player on the Japanese side came along and shot me... And don't even get me started about the endless barrage of moron talk that comes from teenage gamers, life is to short!

Early on in the old BF1942 there was a glitch on the Coral Sea map. You could parchute into the inside of tower on the Yorktown Class Aircraft Carrier. You could shoot out of it but not into it. The only way to kill those in side was a Expack.

After that I became a sniper on the Coral sea map. I would play with the brightness and the contrast so I could pick off AA gunners. I was more that once called "Mother F&*(^ing cheater.":icon_lol:

Far as I know no bans were done for that glitch. I did that glitch with others for weeks on EA servers. Never banned for it.

OBIO
December 7th, 2009, 00:04
I used to play Delta Force online...used to play War Rock on line....got tired of all the bickering and spatting and teenage bull....I no longer play anything on line. Don't play that many games period anymore....just my simming and some PS2 every now and then.

OBIO