PDA

View Full Version : XLM gauge to trigger sound...Programmer needed

OBIO
December 5th, 2009, 22:19
Would anyone who knows XLM coding be willing to take one a "wee small" project for me? I need an XLM gauge that calls up a sound at a given air speed. I want to add the whistling sounds heard from the gun barrels/ports to some sound packs....and there is no way to do it via the sound pack and get the result I want.

Basically, at X KIAS and above, the gauge calls up a sound file from the SOUND folder and players it. Once KIAS drops back below X, the sound is shut off.

I need it to be XLM so that I can adjust the KIAS and sound file called for various planes. The initial application will be for Akemi's CA-13 Boomerang, but this gauge would be useful for a lot of aircraft.

I know it is possible for an XLM gauge to call up and play a sound....I have a couple in my gauge folder that call up canon/machine gun sounds when various triggers are activated (Afterburner/Reheat is one of them). I don't have the know how to modify the gauge to suit my needs....and the usage of that gauge is restricted. So, I need a gauge that is freeware and that can be modified for various applications (the programmer of said gauge would be given full credit for the creation of said gauge each time a variation of it is included in a package).

I have read through much of the Panel SDK and still have no clue how to write XLM code.

OBIO

Moparmike
December 6th, 2009, 13:51
Hmmm...I haven't messed with sounds.cfgs in a few years.

Can you add more than one [wind_sound] entry to the sound.cfg file?

a generic example showing one wind noise...

[WIND_SOUND]
filename=wind
minimum_volume=4000
maximum_volume=6500
minimum_rate=0.80
maximum_rate=1.10
minimum_speed=60.0
maximum_speed=130.0
I wonder if you could add a wind_sound1 entry (I'm not sure of the exact syntaxing) to add additional sounds...
I know you can have multiples of the ground-roll sounds but they have to be mapped to the different surface types with a flag= entry and a link= entry to move onto the next one.

Just a thought. Otherwise, yes you could do it via an XML gauge...I'm not the worlds best XML guy either so I'd have to do some headscratching to figure out how it would be done too.