PDA

View Full Version : Someone needs to make the F-22 Raptor

dementor338
December 5th, 2009, 18:36
Someone needs to make the f-22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

dementor338
December 5th, 2009, 18:36
Someone needs to make the f-22

dementor338
December 5th, 2009, 18:37
hello?

Autothrottle
December 5th, 2009, 19:08
Good luck getting that one done! Most fellas only make World War two addons, very few modern day boys are even attempted. The Most you might get in the CFS3 jet world is an F-86 Sabre or a MiG-15.

MajorMagee
December 5th, 2009, 19:09
No they don't, this forum is for CFS3.

I use FSX to get my F-22 freeware fix.

Milton Shupe
December 6th, 2009, 06:31
hello?

Three posts in three minutes and impatient too? :173go1:

You need to find the Design forum, grab a gmax copy and SDK and get started. We'll support you all the way. :bump:

lewis11777
December 6th, 2009, 09:03
Someone needs to make the f-22

There already is an F-16 and a Tornado for CFS3 made by Lago Sims. These are the only modern day (cold war era) fully finished jets out there. Autothrottle was right, CFS3 modellers prefer to make WWII aircraft. The last completed models for this sim were the Korean Skies add on models. There are some older migs, F-86's, and F9F-4's and a Gloster Meteor. Outside of that your best shot is getting someone to convert their FSX or FS2004 model over to CFS3. That however is nearly as difficult as starting from scratch or so I'm told. I have been trying to get someone to make or convert a Mig-29 for ever to no avail. Best of luck getting months of work out of people who are not interested, I would give the F-16 a try.

http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=274

http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=275

HouseHobbit
December 6th, 2009, 09:43
Lewis I agree, a Mig 29 would be a Great aircraft to have..Perhaps someday one of the Masters here shall build one..I am impressed no matter what by the wonderful aircraft that we are blessed with..It seems we owe alot to a few GOOD MEN..To all those who work for our benifit,,<<<<S>>>
Bravo...:ernae:

hairyspin
December 6th, 2009, 10:37
There are some reasons why jets for CFS3 are mostly late WW2 or Korean War era - CFS3 doesn't support homing missiles, radar or supersonic flight (not properly, the flight model is targeted at subsonic flight). I'm not sure reheat is properly modelled either - that's afterburners, single or multistage.
Then there's the vectoring thrust available on the real F-22 (the jet pipes can swivel): I don't even know if that can be flight modelled in FSX, although someone will probably know. Thrust vectoring in CFS3? Don't even ask...

lewis11777
December 6th, 2009, 13:45
Thats true there are a number of issues for jets so you would just have to accept some compromises in the FM. However you could still have a modern jet that out performs the Korean War era jets in CFS3. At least my Lago F-16 does, well it didn't out of the box but it does now. Its ready and waiting for the day a Mig-29 surfaces, and I will gladly create and FM for that as well! We already have a sonic boom effect and there are new missle launch sound effects. I think CFS3 is still a fairly realistic flight enviornment for newer jets.

dementor338
December 6th, 2009, 16:13
Where do i download the f-16 for cfs3?

lewis11777
December 6th, 2009, 16:29
Below are the links for the F-16 and Tornado from Justflight but these are payware not freeware.

http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=274

http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=275

Autothrottle
December 6th, 2009, 17:55
Awhile back I had CFS1.

It worked well with prop fighters but not with jets, especially fighters like Lewis' coveted MiG-29 Fulcrum. CFS3 is no different. I think the aircraft modelers spent valuable time making excellent works of art to cope with the sims true potential, not pushing it to the point where it would crash and take half your system with it.

Lewis, I hope one Day, You will get your MiG. Maybe somebody will crack the CFS3 code for us all.

lewis11777
December 6th, 2009, 18:43
Or maybe someone will just convert an FS2004 model to CFS3. I asked the Lago sim people to produce a Mig-29, but they said the market was not strong enough to warrant the time investment. I offered to buy the first 10 right off the shelf but they were not swayed. I wonder how big a cash incentive it would take to persuade a builder to make one. Things that make you go HHHMMM!

Autothrottle
December 6th, 2009, 20:42
Good Luck Lewis! I've been to the Lago site and it seems they want you to purchase a product key to activate the F-16 and Tornado. As for a MiG-29, boy, its a long shot , but maybe someone would do it for you for half a million dollars .:jump:

lewis11777
December 7th, 2009, 02:27
I think my checking account would come up a few dollars short!

Autothrottle
December 7th, 2009, 20:12
Hey Lewis,

I'm sorry about your MiG 29, maybe these will tide you over for now.

BTW Lewis: The Cubans next door to us have around 20 or so, maybe they'd be willing to give you one almost new for around 5000 pesos!

lewis11777
December 8th, 2009, 01:27
Or maybe they will give me a ride in one for 5000 pesos!

Pat Pattle
December 8th, 2009, 03:26
Hi Lewis :wavey:- there's a number of MiG29 models at Google Sketchup, maybe someone could do an ai version? Getting it into the sim wouldn't be a huge job but it would be adding the damage etc.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/search?q=mig+29&styp=m&btnG=Search

Clive :)

lewis11777
December 8th, 2009, 15:16
Clive thanks for the heads up but I am not a G-max guru. If someone wanted to make an ai for CFS3 there are much more detailed models where we got that B-24. I would gladly buy the model if someone wanted to convert one of those to an ai model for cfs3. I'm afraid I'm just not that talented.

Thudman
December 8th, 2009, 20:07
There is a gmax F-22 over at Simviation that needs finishing. Check the site map to get to the Design Home Page section for New desin. It is at the bottom of page 1.

lewis11777
December 8th, 2009, 21:31
That is not the most organized website and things aren't easy to find. Maybe you can post a link to the specific web page. Not that I could finish it, I just want to see it.

Pat Pattle
December 8th, 2009, 22:57
http://www.simviation.com/adoptfsc.htm

A few nice aircraft there, the good ones are in FSDS though. Lewis - do you think the Sketchup MiG29's aren't accurate enough? I'm no expert on this modern stuff!

Thudman
December 9th, 2009, 04:59
Try here:
http://www.simviation.com/simviation/?type=item&ID=894&page=0

There is also a Mig 21 on the same page

hairyspin
December 9th, 2009, 10:51
Try here:
http://www.simviation.com/simviation/?type=item&ID=894&page=0

That's not a bad-looking model and not overly polygonous - just over 10K. It's certainly convertible for CFS3 as it is, but I have other fish to fry and I need to finish them before starting anything new.
And I have other ideas when I do!

HouseHobbit
December 9th, 2009, 12:19
Hello all,
I have gotten the two aircraft..From you know over there..I have g max loaded and I shall try and work this out to my best ability..I have been working with g Max in earnest for only about four months..But I will give it a try..God have Mercy...
Lewis, I shall start with the Mig 29 for I know that it would be a good enemy for the F-16 that is out there..
And it may be a bit before I work any of this out..:applause:

hairyspin
December 9th, 2009, 13:02
Yell when you need help, HH; just don't try swallowing the entire elephant at once!

HouseHobbit
December 9th, 2009, 13:34
HELP!!! Not yet anyway, and I shall not cry wolf..Or the Sky is falling..
I have loaded the file and will have a look tonite and see what I have..
This shall be a learning experience..And GOD Willing I shall be able to sort this out..
Thank You very Much for the very kind advice..
But I think I will need a lot of antiacids..To
Swallow this elephant..LOL..LOL..

lewis11777
December 9th, 2009, 15:29
Clive looks fairly close to me but no expert either!

lewis11777
December 9th, 2009, 15:29
Owen may the Lord be with you, your going to need him! LOL

HouseHobbit
December 9th, 2009, 16:42
Thank You Very Much..I shall need HIS Divine help in all of this..
And good advice before it is over..LOL...:applause: