PDA

View Full Version : Cabin lights??

revev
December 5th, 2009, 17:36
Hi flyguys, :isadizzy:

When FSX came out, I was one of the first in line to buy it, but for various reasons, I never got around to using it until lately. I now have a computer set-up that lets me run FSX wide-open. Seeing that I am new to FSX, and am not the greatest for searching for directions, I have a problem. How do I get the cabin lights to come on? I've checked the texture files, and have found that the night textures are there, complete with lit windows, but I cannot get them to show up on the aircraft; however, add-on aircraft will show the cabin lights--some aircraft they come on automatically, while some are controlled with a cabin lights switch. What am I missing in regards to cabin lights on the default aircraft?

Any help will be appreciated.

Enjoy!

cheezyflier
December 5th, 2009, 19:29
pressing "L" should make ALL the lights come on

Dangerous Beans
December 6th, 2009, 00:03
If you cant find the switch use SHIFT L for cockpit lights

revev
December 6th, 2009, 06:41
Cockpit lights are not the problem, and pressing "L" does turn on all lights, except for the cabin lights. With add-on aircraft, "L" does turn on all the lights, including the cabin lights at night. I've reinstalled FSX and the SPs, and it still persists.

I've just left left for the winter, so I guess we'll have to pick this up next spring when I'm back at the main computer and can experiment.

Thanks for the replies.

Enjoy!

stansdds
December 6th, 2009, 08:19
Perhaps I am mistaken, but cabin lights in the default aircraft may not actually turn on until FSX says it is dark enough outside to use cabin lights.

Lionheart
December 6th, 2009, 08:35
Also, while you do have 'cabin lights' in the FSX planes (dome lights, bright, rarely used in actual flying of real planes), you do 'not' have night glow illumination (like lights in the gauges, soft glow from gauges lights, etc). This is in the VC. At first, FSX wasnt going to have them, but one famous developer at Eaglesoft, Bill Leaming, was able to talk them into replacing it into FSX with SP1.

But the stock planes, in the VC, do not have 'gauges lights only' mode. Maybe the airliners on the exterior, but not on the interiors. Just dome lights.

Bill

Dangerous Beans
December 6th, 2009, 09:06
I just remembered that the VC lights are commented out in the aircraft.cfg in most of the default planes after installing Acceleration. Maybe they are in SP2 also but I don't know for sure.

To get them working again just delete the // in front of the appropriate light entry in the [LIGHTS] section.

revev
December 6th, 2009, 13:08
You know, Dangerous Beans, I never thought to check the aircraft.cfg file. It makes sense, and would explain the lighted windows in the add-on aircraft. All I know for sure is that it can be pitch black, and the outside view shows only lights in the windows of the flight deck, but the cabin windows are all dark. Wish I was home to check it out. I'm sure you are probably right.

Maybe I should just stick to painting skins, and let the rest of you fly them.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Enjoy!

I just remembered that the VC lights are commented out in the aircraft.cfg in most of the default planes after installing Acceleration. Maybe they are in SP2 also but I don't know for sure.

To get them working again just delete the // in front of the appropriate light entry in the [LIGHTS] section.