PDA

View Full Version : CoPilot Pro

lifejogger
December 5th, 2009, 11:54
Does anybody use this product by Abacus? Here is what Abacus says about it:

For nearly 14 years, CoPilot has been guiding flight simulator pilots trrough the virtual skies with ease. CoPilot Pro Pro is still is ready, willing and able to get you to your destination effortlessly.
Install the included compact GPS into any or all of your aircraft and it's guaranteed to make your navigation chores much simpler. Since it installs instantly, you can be on your way to any destination in the world in just seconds.
Before your flight, use CoPilot Pro to create a superior flight plan. You can conveniently print your plan, airport and taxi diagrams and approach plates as a single "package". During your flight, the CoPilot GPS instrument lets you know where you are and where any other traffic may be too. The GPS couples to your autopilot and lets you fly you all the way down to decision height using any of the airport's published approaches. Save the flight plan, run FS and load the new plan. You'll be on your way quickly and turn on the autopilot through the GPS and relax and enjoy the ride. Or if you prefer, you can monitor the GPS to be sure you are on the right track and to check near-by air traffic.

It is a little pricey for $39. Just want some comments to see if it is worth money?

Pepere
December 5th, 2009, 14:00
I have Abacuss re-paint for FSX and it won't.

David

EgoR64
December 6th, 2009, 04:04
Hi,

I have FSC85, Co-pilot, and CoursePlanner all in a quest to get something similar to FS Navigator of FS9. All three are OK -

Co-Pilot - The little tool you can load into each aircraft is pretty cool, just like a Mini GPS but shows traffic. Will do autopilot, I have yet to get it to take me to final, I kinda of use it -

FSC85, Very nice, big Monitor screen that shows Traffic and gives warnings when they get to close, Will take over auto pilot and fly your route, again I kinda of use it.

CoursePlanner, Closest to FS Navigator so far, Has a few querks, however every once in awhile I get a flawless flight all the way to decision, very cool program, I kinda use it.

The Default GPS that comes with FS, I use it all the time, Make your flight plan get clearence for your assigned runway, setup your approach, Activate your Approach and for the most part it will fly you into your approach pattern.

The FMS that come with some Tubes are great and will fly you right into final, The CS757, CS767, this is all I use.

Cheers -