View Full Version : Xplane is not bad either

robcap
December 5th, 2009, 11:41
Check this out http://vimeo.com/7871818?hd=1
Wonderfull!

R.

Kiwikat
December 5th, 2009, 12:06
May I ask what this has to do with x-plane? It is a video about a very nice looking addon. X-Plane still looks like FS2002.

"This addon CRJ is not bad either"

robcap
December 5th, 2009, 12:25
"This addon CRJ is not bad either"
OK, that's a better title.

Lionheart
December 5th, 2009, 12:57
Goodness! X-Plane has come a long ways.

Such textures werent available before.

It also appears we can adjust all the various lighting, and there are now lightmaps as well.

Thanks RobCap for the heads up. That was a brilliant video and shows the potential of XP9..

Bill

Naismith
December 5th, 2009, 15:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlws5TKOfkE

Bjoern
December 5th, 2009, 17:24
May I ask what this has to do with x-plane? It is a video about a very nice looking addon. X-Plane still looks like FS2002

That CRJ looks better than most that FSX has to offer...

The only similar aircraft coming to mind considering the level of detail and fuctionality of this CRJ is PMDG's J41.

Kiwikat
December 5th, 2009, 17:30
That CRJ looks better than most that FSX has to offer...

The only similar aircraft coming to mind considering the level of detail and fuctionality of this CRJ is PMDG's J41.

Like I said, it looks like a great addon, but it has little or nothing to do with xplane directly... it is the work of a third party developer. It isn't X-Plane that makes it nice. I guess that's what I mean. :mixedsmi:

JIMJAM
December 5th, 2009, 18:08
Ive fallen for flashy pictures,vids and tech talk for X-plane twice. And Ive deleted X-plane within a few hours twice.

ryanbatc
December 5th, 2009, 18:26
Ok, can we get off the bash xplane kick?

I'm an avid FSX user but recently some XP addons are starting to look very nice. That CRJ included. There are a lot of problems with XP but once more devlopers latch on it will be a solid product.

Kiwikat
December 5th, 2009, 18:40
There are a lot of problems with XP but once more devlopers latch on it will be a solid product.

It will be more solid in 5 years when the scenery graphics catches up with FSX default. But by then I am sure that something better than FSX will be out...

Ok, can we get off the bash xplane kick?

To be fair, this is posted in the FSX forum, not the X-Plane forum. Besides, the thread is really about the addon, not X-plane at all.

I hope that someone can make a nice native FSX CRJ sometime. Ryan Maziarz of PMDG seems interested in making one... :applause:

dhl1986
December 5th, 2009, 18:41
Ive fallen for flashy pictures,vids and tech talk for X-plane twice. And Ive deleted X-plane within a few hours twice.

+1

I have given X-Plane a very, very fair chance on more than one occasion, but it just doesn't measure up.

Tylerb59
December 5th, 2009, 22:40
I like how the mouse pointer suggests what action each button has behind it (pull, twist,etc)

limjack
December 6th, 2009, 03:43
Are we able to walk inside the aircraft in FSX? I really kind of like being able to walk back into the passanger area and look out the variouse windows.

Jim

Helldiver
December 6th, 2009, 04:43
I'm not really bashing X Plane but they do make it hard for someone my age to figure out. Like keeping the disk in while using the program. How does one find a particular disk among the many hundreds? That's stupid. Cripes we had that in FS 2004 'til some bright one figgered a work around.
Plus it doesn't follow my joystick and God only knows what buttons to push. When you do find out, you'll promptly forget it. It's too complex and the scenery does smack of FS 2002. I've tried to warm up to it many times and had to finally give up. Just about every Christmas, some wag will buy me the latest version.
I can hardly wait.

Nick C
December 6th, 2009, 05:39
Thanks Bob, your final statement made me spill my coffee as I laughed out loud.

However, irrespective of which sim this model is destined for, it's a bloody work of art. Well done to the design team.

galagamo
December 16th, 2009, 02:46
I went outside once, but the graphics were terrible!
OT: That's the funniest sig I've ever seen :)

Ashaman
December 26th, 2009, 07:27
Reading this thread makes me laugh... people that start bashing X-plane to defend what?:bump:

FSX? :pop4:

Please. Get your priorities straight. :isadizzy:

txnetcop
December 27th, 2009, 07:11
Reading this thread makes me laugh... people that start bashing X-plane to defend what?:bump:

FSX? :pop4:

Please. Get your priorities straight. :isadizzy:

There is always one of you around...I guess you can't help yourself!!!! You get your priorities straight. Let people decide for themselves what they like and don't like.