PDA

View Full Version : FSD Cirrus Vision Is Out

glennc
December 5th, 2009, 07:31
I hate to start a new product thread on a sour note.

Bought it, dowloaded it tried to install it. I'm getting "Access to an unnamed file was denied". The installer stops at Checking System Requirements. Activation was successful. I'm bringing the issue here because my sign-on on their forum isn't working.

Glenn

Kiwikat
December 5th, 2009, 07:34
For those interested: http://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/Vision/index.htm

ryanbatc
December 5th, 2009, 07:41
hmmmm

IanP
December 5th, 2009, 07:51
I had a similar problem with some of their previous packages and when I contacted them, I was told that this never happened to anyone else, that it must be my system and they couldn't help. The only reason their installer would fail was if I had previously installed illegal copies of their software. I have NEVER installed illegal copies of FSD software, so that last bit was blatantly not true, but I never received a reply to my response (which was polite, factual and simply asking for help!!!)

I got around it by booting in safe mode, running the installers in safe mode and, because activation had already been successful, I was able to use the products without further issue.

I believe, from the fact that running it in safe mode worked, that there is a clash between the version of the FSD installer I had problems with and a driver on my system. Unfortunately because I could get no support from the developer, I don't know what the driver was. Therefore I solved the problem by not buying from FSD since. :)

glennc
December 5th, 2009, 07:54
Ian,

Thanks, I'll try that. And also to Kiwikat for posting to the link.

I have bought a lot of FSD stuff, most recently the P-38, and the Hellcat when it came out.

Glenn

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
December 5th, 2009, 07:56
This is easily rectified by setting norton to allow trusted status for the installer or turning off the autocheck function , closing other brands of antivirus will have the same effect.

This installer is made without all the " Gobbbledygook " and is now policy , FSD has also updated their Forum software .

Tim_FSD
December 5th, 2009, 08:05
I hate to start a new product thread on a sour note.

Bought it, dowloaded it tried to install it. I'm getting "Access to an unnamed file was denied". The installer stops at Checking System Requirements. Activation was successful. I'm bringing the issue here because my sign-on on their forum isn't working.

Glenn

Glenn,

Not sure about your forum login. You would need to send me an email at td@fsd-international.com or a PM so we can share your login details.

Your installer problem sounds like a permissions problem cause by how Windows is identifying the problem, most likely caused by a screwed up download. Could also be your security software running in the background. First try downloading it again and see if you get better results before messing with your security settings. If you still have problems send up a flare and I will help you.

IanP
December 5th, 2009, 08:14
Thanks Chuck. It's the lack of support I received from FSD that stopped me buying, more than the problem (which as mentioned, I had resolved myself). I doubt FSD miss my custom at all, but I'm glad to hear this is more easily resolved!

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
December 5th, 2009, 08:26
Ian , it must be some time then since you purchased anything from them being that their customer service here and in the form of one on one PM’s and Emails have been seen as unparalleled by most .
Updating the forum software was another indication of them doing their best to see no problem goes unresolved as is the new installer that is designed to be as hassle free as multiple operating systems allow.

glennc
December 5th, 2009, 08:34
Chuck,

Tiny detail: I'm running Windows 7, 32 bit, Ultimate. Safe mode didn't work, but going back to normal mode, right clicking the installer, select Troubleshoot Compatibility, it suggests Windows XP SP2 mode. That allowed the installer to run. The aircraft is there, looks wonderful. I didn't spend much time there - wife is calling. Now, I just need to figure out how the get the G1000 to light up. I can get the engine started, appropriate lights on, battery and gen on, but no image on the G1000 displays. The power light on the top left corner of both units is on.

More later,

Glenn

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
December 5th, 2009, 08:38
The Garmins have a power button as well on the upper left corner , glad for the input and solution .
Thanks C.J

falcon409
December 5th, 2009, 08:42
. . . . .Unfortunately because I could get no support from the developer, I don't know what the driver was. Therefore I solved the problem by not buying from FSD since. :)
Yea, I had a similar problem with their Cessna 337 and O2A. They sent one e-mail telling me it was basically my fault and never answered any more of my e-mails. I don't buy FSD anymore.

JIMJAM
December 5th, 2009, 09:01
Looks like a German HE-162.
I will wait and see what the performance hit is.FSX and CRT displays have not been kind to any of my systems.

IanP
December 5th, 2009, 09:46
Chuck: It has.

Falcon and Chuck: Those'll be the ones.

Anyway, I'll get off this thread now, as I have nothing more to add of any value. Hope everyone who gets this enjoys it! :)

LouP
December 5th, 2009, 09:55
Is this a real deal plane? It looks like the exhaust would play havoc on the fuselage.

LouP :wavey:

Lionheart
December 5th, 2009, 09:57
Cool looking seats!

:ernae:

Bill

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
December 5th, 2009, 10:00
It uses vectored thrust to direct the exhaust away from the fuselage and has managed a great many flights to gather performance data . <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

krazycolin
December 5th, 2009, 10:11
Is this a real deal plane? It looks like the exhaust would play havoc on the fuselage.

LouP :wavey:
Yep. Sure is.

http://cirrusaircraft.com/vision/

kc

joanvalley
December 5th, 2009, 11:05
My impressions:

- Nice modeled arcraft with good systems yet it's a huge FPS killer, I mean, to bring down my monster PC to its knees... that's something (1.7 to 2.3 FPS at some points but usually 11 to 15 FPS on most parts). I haven't read the manual, usual with us flybrats, yet I couldn't find one on the desktop or the FSD folder (which was created when I installed the Commander 115 TC). By the way, I bought the Commander yesterday and haven't been able to fly it because it just crashes to desktop when loading, I received some help last night through FSD support yet it's not resolved as of now. Curiously ALL other add-ons (from Carenados to PMDGs work just fine) so it must be the Commander. This little airplane seems like a good regional personal commuter so it must be fun flying it but that'll be until I figure how to work it, fair enough would be said that FSD has done a good job, the issues at hand, I'm sure they'll vbe worked out.

Jose.

JamesChams
December 5th, 2009, 11:29
I'd like to see some screenshots of the VC; the ones on their website are the BETA ones...:kilroy:

Also, I sat in the mockup of it this past July when a Cirrus dealership rep. invited me to their open house. I got to sit inside and dream of flying it someday; who knows, it might actually happen...:wiggle:

Tim_FSD
December 5th, 2009, 11:36
Yea, I had a similar problem with their Cessna 337 and O2A. They sent one e-mail telling me it was basically my fault and never answered any more of my e-mails. I don't buy FSD anymore.

If you did not receive an email in reply to an inquiry it is very likely that we either did not get the inquiry, or that our reply to you was culled by a spam filter. We do not simply not reply.

If you continue experiencing a problem with any of our software you can always send me a PM, or email me at td@fsd-international.com. I will be more than happy to see if we can help straighten out the problem.

Kiwikat
December 5th, 2009, 11:37
yet it's a huge FPS killer, I mean, to bring down my monster PC to its knees... that's something (1.7 to 2.3 FPS at some points but usually 11 to 15 FPS on most parts

So what are the specs of your "monster PC"? :kilroy:

Tim_FSD
December 5th, 2009, 11:41
I had a similar problem with some of their previous packages and when I contacted them, I was told that this never happened to anyone else, that it must be my system and they couldn't help. The only reason their installer would fail was if I had previously installed illegal copies of their software. I have NEVER installed illegal copies of FSD software, so that last bit was blatantly not true, but I never received a reply to my response (which was polite, factual and simply asking for help!!!)

I got around it by booting in safe mode, running the installers in safe mode and, because activation had already been successful, I was able to use the products without further issue.

I believe, from the fact that running it in safe mode worked, that there is a clash between the version of the FSD installer I had problems with and a driver on my system. Unfortunately because I could get no support from the developer, I don't know what the driver was. Therefore I solved the problem by not buying from FSD since. :)

Ian,

We have freely admitted on several occasions that our previous methodology for eliminating illegal software usage (which is a significant problem in the industry) was not well thought out, and have taken steps to correct this. Our sincerely apology, and a commitment to do better, is really all we can do.

We certainly respect your decision not to purchase any further product if you wish. But we do bend over backwards to provide timely and effective customer support on product issues, and should you wish to address them again we will be more than willing to assist you.

Tim_FSD
December 5th, 2009, 11:45
My impressions:

- Nice modeled arcraft with good systems yet it's a huge FPS killer, I mean, to bring down my monster PC to its knees... that's something (1.7 to 2.3 FPS at some points but usually 11 to 15 FPS on most parts). I haven't read the manual, usual with us flybrats, yet I couldn't find one on the desktop or the FSD folder (which was created when I installed the Commander 115 TC). By the way, I bought the Commander yesterday and haven't been able to fly it because it just crashes to desktop when loading, I received some help last night through FSD support yet it's not resolved as of now. Curiously ALL other add-ons (from Carenados to PMDGs work just fine) so it must be the Commander. This little airplane seems like a good regional personal commuter so it must be fun flying it but that'll be until I figure how to work it, fair enough would be said that FSD has done a good job, the issues at hand, I'm sure they'll vbe worked out.

Jose.

Frame rates were never an issue with any of our beta testers. This is actually quite an efficient model. Please provide us with some information on your system.

Regarding the Commander, check and make sure the file FSDX.dll is installed in your root Flight Simulator X directory. If not you can download this driver here:

http://69.13.144.131/product/files/FSDX.dll

Just download this driver into your root Flight Simulator X directory and then everything should load normally. If not you can send me a PM or contact me directly at td@fsd-international.com and I will get the problem resolved for you.

falcon409
December 5th, 2009, 12:08
If you did not receive an email in reply to an inquiry it is very likely that we either did not get the inquiry, or that our reply to you was culled by a spam filter. We do not simply not reply.

If you continue experiencing a problem with any of our software you can always send me a PM, or email me at td@fsd-international.com. I will be more than happy to see if we can help straighten out the problem.
Tim,
I'll make this one final post and then no other on this as I don't intend this to become a pseudo-FSD Support thread:
The e-mails I sent to FSD, after my first inquiry and the resulting answer from FSD went unanswered because FSD chose not to, they didn't like the tone of my e-mail and decided they would not answer my request. . .it had nothing to do with "they did not get it", and I check my Spam filter folders all the time, no answer ever came from FSD. As for PM'ing you. . .I did, if you remember, you asked for additional info and I sent that and that was the last I heard of that as well.

You seem well intentioned, but the company you represent is not. I will no longer purchase from FSD, end of story. . .end of post!

clmooring
December 5th, 2009, 13:47
I would love to see some Cirrus jet VC screen shots too. I agree (hope) that the web-site shots probably do not do the final product justice.

JamesChams
December 5th, 2009, 14:36
I would love to see some Cirrus jet VC screen shots too. I agree (hope) that the web-site shots probably do not do the final product justice.

Yeah, I felt overlooked by all the Tech Support issues going on, too. But here's hoping some one will post a screen shot or two and work out all the installation issues before I get it. :salute:

I'd like to see some screenshots of the VC; the ones on their website are the BETA ones...:kilroy:

Also, I sat in the mockup of it this past July when a Cirrus dealership rep. invited me to their open house. I got to sit inside and dream of flying it someday; who knows, it might actually happen...:wiggle:

Lionheart
December 5th, 2009, 14:42
Tim at FSD,

I admire your patience and candor in helping people with their questions. I know some people can get frustrated pretty easy. Good to see someone bearing with them and helping them out.

I know what its like to get a load of questions in the emails and not enough time to sort through everyone as quickly as one would like. It can be difficult. I also know what its like to get emails from customers having issues, and when I hit send, I get a 'email failure' stating that my site is a spam site, or similar. They write back a few times, but my emails to them simply bounce off their service. Nothing I can do....

I hope the Piper Jet does well and your new security systems work better with your customers.

Bill

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
December 5th, 2009, 15:08
I have a couple from last nights run between KLAS and KSFO

Felixthreeone
December 5th, 2009, 15:58
Tim, Any idea when we can expect the fs9 version? I have been watching this since it was first put up on your site....

hey_moe
December 5th, 2009, 16:21
The plane looks sweet and the detail is nice in what I have seen so far. Would love to add to my collection, but once FSD accused me of being a pirate or pirating their planes what ever, that pretty much ended it for me with them...lol. You guys already know how I feel about piracy.They have push my button along with other members buttons, but let's try and keep this about their product and not about all the damage that has happened in the past...Mike

joanvalley
December 5th, 2009, 16:55
Frame rates were never an issue with any of our beta testers. This is actually quite an efficient model. Please provide us with some information on your system.

Regarding the Commander, check and make sure the file FSDX.dll is installed in your root Flight Simulator X directory. If not you can download this driver here:

http://69.13.144.131/product/files/FSDX.dll

Just download this driver into your root Flight Simulator X directory and then everything should load normally. If not you can send me a PM or contact me directly at td@fsd-international.com and I will get the problem resolved for you.

Hi Tim,

thanks for your attention to this matter, Steve and I tried the FSDX.dll thing yesterday and the entry is correct so I have no clue, I changed from the Commander Load Manager to glass instruments and almost worked, when it finished loading didn't but I could hear the engines running, black screen and then fatal error, almost there. Here are my specs:

- Intel i7-975 3.33 GHz Extreme Edition
- 12 GB RAM Kingston Hyper-X DDR3 at 1800 MHz
- Two EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 295 1792 MB GPUs
- 512 GB Kingston 2.5 solid state drive (2 x 256 GB SATA)
- ASETEK 120 MM watercooler
- Cooler Master Cosmos Sport Case (full tower)
- Motherboard ASUS X58 P6T Deluxe V2
- Thermaltake Toughpower 1200 Watt power unit
- Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champion series sound card
- Windows 7 Ultimate

Monitor:

Samsung Syncmaster 26" Full HD 5ms

I'll provide some screenies showing the Vision FPS with different aircraft.

Thanks,

Jose.

glennc
December 5th, 2009, 17:18
Tim,

I agree with Lionheart about the level of support you provide. I was very impressed with the thread about the Milviz P38.

I'm going to keep on here for now in case anyone else has a similar problem and wants to see how it works out.

My current state of the art is I still can't get most of the G1000 to light up. The only thing I am getting is the round gauge on the bottom right of the secondary MFD. The needle is pegged at the top of the green arc.

I'll send the e-mail about forum access in just a minute.

I don't know with Win7 is a factor or not, but given what happened with the installation, it could be. I checked FSX.cfg. FDAV.DLL is on the trusted list.

Thanks for keepin' on keepin' on.

joanvalley
December 5th, 2009, 17:21
Here's two screenies that show the Vision munching away at least 10 FPS from the "heaviest" FPS hitter I have:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/joanvalley/ES01.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/joanvalley/VFSD01.jpg

Jose.

Tim_FSD
December 5th, 2009, 17:35
The plane looks sweet and the detail is nice in what I have seen so far. Would love to add to my collection, but once FSD accused me of being a pirate or pirating their planes what ever, that pretty much ended it for me with them...lol. You guys already know how I feel about piracy.They have push my button along with other members buttons, but let's try and keep this about their product and not about all the damage that has happened in the past...Mike

Mike,

As I recall that email exchange had a lot of heated and ill-advised language from all parties concerned. From my perspective, it has not only been a very long time ago, but also, as I have stated previously, we have openly acknowledged that we were wrong in our approach a number of years ago and apologized. And I will also apologize to you personally as well. That's really all I am able to do. In light of that, and particularly considering the time that has passed, I personally do not harbor any animosities.

Kiwikat
December 5th, 2009, 18:06
Here's two screenies that show the Vision munching away at least 10 FPS from the "heaviest" FPS hitter I have:

Jose.

Again, what are your computer specs? :mixedsmi:

ryanbatc
December 5th, 2009, 18:22
It's up there dude.... i7 975 at stock freqs isn't that much of a monster. Plus he crippled his system with the GTX295

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
December 5th, 2009, 18:32
The Model of the Vision is done with a conservative hand on the polycount and with one VC panel entry as well to make it as frame rate friendly as we could with a glass panel.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
There is a new installer up with the couple of issues noted fixed , anybody who has anything amiss is invited to redownload.

http://69.13.144.131/product/files/FSDevVisionvXa.exe

joanvalley
December 5th, 2009, 18:33
At least the price was a monster...

Tim_FSD
December 5th, 2009, 18:49
Is anyone else seeing poor frame rates? If so let us know so that we can see if we can dtermine a commonality.

Wombat_VC
December 5th, 2009, 19:34
It's up there dude.... i7 975 at stock freqs isn't that much of a monster. Plus he crippled his system with the GTX295

May I know why GTX295 can cripple a system for FSX?

mike_cyul
December 5th, 2009, 19:46
I have a couple from last nights run between KLAS and KSFO

That's some nice modeling! :applause:

Mike

ColoKent
December 5th, 2009, 20:21
...now hopefully we can get the Lockheed JetStar rolling out of the hangar-- That thing is just SCREAMING for tons of cool repaints. :ernae:

Kent

Tylerb59
December 5th, 2009, 22:49
Is anyone else seeing poor frame rates? If so let us know so that we can see if we can dtermine a commonality.

Looks like there are a lot of polygons on those seats to start. :)

hey_moe
December 6th, 2009, 03:08
The 295 card isn't affecting his problem here. I have a 295 card and it isn't overclocked...never had a issue with it and my FPS are outstanding.
Plus he crippled his system with the GTX295

hey_moe
December 6th, 2009, 03:29
Tim that is all I really need to hear.I hope you and your team keep going in the right direction this time in supporting the paying customer.Your product will sell itself, customer support is more important than the product itself in this day and time...Mike
Mike,

we have openly acknowledged that we were wrong in our approach a number of years ago and apologized. And I will also apologize to you personally as well. That's really all I am able to do. In light of that, and particularly considering the time that has passed, I personally do not harbor any animosities.

ryanbatc
December 6th, 2009, 06:03
May I know why GTX295 can cripple a system for FSX?

Because the 295 is essentially two cards in SLI. Yes, I'm sure some people don't have problems, but there are many that have issues in that configuration. Best to stick with a 285

cheezyflier
December 6th, 2009, 07:23
so where do things stand at this point? is it a frame hitter? how much compared to default? it's a native model yes? i only ask because i have been considering this model and my system can't take much of a hit.
my limit is the christen eagle. i can do that one, but no worse. anyone?

Tim_FSD
December 6th, 2009, 09:01
Tim,

I agree with Lionheart about the level of support you provide. I was very impressed with the thread about the Milviz P38.

I'm going to keep on here for now in case anyone else has a similar problem and wants to see how it works out.

My current state of the art is I still can't get most of the G1000 to light up. The only thing I am getting is the round gauge on the bottom right of the secondary MFD. The needle is pegged at the top of the green arc.

I'll send the e-mail about forum access in just a minute.

I don't know with Win7 is a factor or not, but given what happened with the installation, it could be. I checked FSX.cfg. FDAV.DLL is on the trusted list.

Thanks for keepin' on keepin' on.

I think you have a bad install somehow. I would suggest you download the installer again, as we also added some improvements to the sounds:

http://69.13.144.131/product/files/FSDevVisionvXa.exe

Let me know if you still see that visual issue.

Boomer
December 6th, 2009, 09:30
I do not have any problems with fps.

On my rig it is comparable to their P38 (read fine).

cheezyflier
December 6th, 2009, 11:27
I do not have any problems with fps.

On my rig it is comparable to their P38 (read fine).

i have the other p-39

glennc
December 6th, 2009, 11:28
Tim and Chuck,

I arrived at the virtual Cirrus factory yesterday, late morning to go through the new owner training and pick up my new airplane. We found a couple things on initial inspection that needed fixing. Typical new car kinds of things. So, while I finished ground school, the airplane went back in the hanger. 24 Hours later, I got the call from Chuck (PM actually) to try again. This time, a local check flight went perfectly. All systems fully operational, the airplane feels good and flies well.

:engel016::applause::medals:

There is a note in FSD's forums about a new installer package. Download the new one from the link in the e-mail you got at purchase. It does require uninstallling the one from yesterday. I can't make a statement about WinXP mode since Windows tagged the package as needing it. So I "assume" that was still active for the reinstallation.

Glenn

Gibbage
December 6th, 2009, 15:00
The Cirrus Vision has 1/3 the polygons as the P-38. If you can run the P-38, you should be able to run the Vision just fine.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
December 7th, 2009, 09:06
A series of great screenshots were posted here by someone who purchased the model that show the project off nicely

http://www.flightsimulationforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=139400&sid=53e1f64d9f1922858b6fb5d12803e81a

Wombat_VC
December 7th, 2009, 17:39
I would like to know if the Vision causes any DLL/Gauge dependency problem like the old issue with P-38 and YF-23?

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
December 7th, 2009, 18:01
None whatsoever , it was a lesson learned the hard way , the installer was set up much like flight ones as well and there is no vanishing panel in this as well with the installer just installing the aircraft and not a bunch of " Stuff "

Wombat_VC
December 7th, 2009, 18:13
None whatsoever , it was a lesson learned the hard way , the installer was set up much like flight ones as well and there is no vanishing panel in this as well with the installer just installing the aircraft and not a bunch of " Stuff "

Good! Then the flying dolphin will be the next hangar resident.

cheezyflier
December 8th, 2009, 06:54
very cool model, i picked it up last night. it is a frame eater for me though. i'm gettin about 7fps @ 15,000 ft asl. most other models i see 20 at that height. still, i love the glass panel.

glennc
December 8th, 2009, 15:51
The real pilot in me is having a bit of a culture clash in the Vision. The REF file says Vne is at 320 knots, Vno is at 300 knots. The band on the airspeed indicator should be yellow in that range according to the Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge, page 118. In the Vision, I see the RED band at about 170 knots, where it should be solidly green. The REF file says 170 is the top of the flap retraction change. My first flight home was 146 miles, trying to stay below 170 knots was a real challange. I didn't notice the Vne value until after that flight.

So, just ignore the color bands on the ASI and enjoy the flight.

Glenn

ryanbatc
December 8th, 2009, 16:05

Glenn

I think the reason why is it that way is because its the default G1000 (from the C172). I could be wrong though.

Tim_FSD
December 8th, 2009, 17:13
The real pilot in me is having a bit of a culture clash in the Vision. The REF file says Vne is at 320 knots, Vno is at 300 knots. The band on the airspeed indicator should be yellow in that range according to the Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge, page 118. In the Vision, I see the RED band at about 170 knots, where it should be solidly green. The REF file says 170 is the top of the flap retraction change. My first flight home was 146 miles, trying to stay below 170 knots was a real challange. I didn't notice the Vne value until after that flight.

Glenn

Yes I have confirmed this problem and a fix will be available in a few days.

glennc
December 8th, 2009, 19:30
At Ryan: That's what I thought, too.

At Tim: There you go again - meeting and exceeding my expectations. Well doing. :applause:

Glenn

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
December 10th, 2009, 07:27
As a result of the Christmas promotion a store credit for the price difference has been added to the account of each customer who has just purchased the Vision.

JimC1702
December 10th, 2009, 09:54
As a result of the Christmas promotion a store credit for the price difference has been added to the account of each customer who has just purchased the Vision.

Classy move!

Jim

cheezyflier
December 20th, 2009, 18:44
anyone out there planning on doing any paints?

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
December 21st, 2009, 06:29
I would be happy to , do you have a request or a color in mind ?

The Vision PaintKit was uploaded today and should be available soon , i plum forgot to do that
with all the stuff going on , next release is Wednesday and i was busy painting the one that
follows it while waiting on yet another ...one of the problems with working at home is you are never outta the office for long.

cheezyflier
December 21st, 2009, 08:18
i would be happy to get whatever was offered. the only other paints i could find on the web was a silver one, which was ok, or a creme one (bleh)

with the unique shape, i would guess it might make for some interesting ideas.