PDA

View Full Version : Captain Sim 757 and 767 Updates

jimjones
December 5th, 2009, 02:42
Received an email from Captain Sim indicating the updates are now available. Hope the FMC bugs on the 757 are fixed.

DaveWG
December 5th, 2009, 03:17
Be aware that some users are reporting that the Captain Sim ACE utility comes up as being in "demo mode" and thus un-usable after the update. The aircraft itself seems OK.
That's for the 767 BTW, I don't own the 757, so I can't vouch fo that one.

Pepere
December 5th, 2009, 06:36
Installed these update and then uninstall the whole thing again. It's still a FPS killer and in there so call ready for flight mod still has many lights lit says many systems still not engaged. I bought the 757 last dec and never could us it.

David:icon34:

IanP
December 5th, 2009, 06:54
All working fine here. It's still heavy on frame rate (it always will be with that number of systems and quality of texturing), but better than it was and the autoflight turning problems on the 767 seem to have been fixed - I flew a test route last night where it didn't overshoot a single turn and was rock solid on the ILS at the end. Still doesn't flare for the controlled crash, rather than pulling the nose up a bit and landing, but it's an improvement.

I've not tried the 757 yet because I'm working on the 767 review.

Kiwikat
December 5th, 2009, 07:15
The 757 failed miserably on my test flight. The altitude select knob didn't work correctly, the yaw behavior of the aircraft was way off, and the VNAV completely ignored my altitudes at each waypoint.

The FPS weren't any better either.

Oh well, back to the better performing and more accurate LDS 767... I've never had ANY of these sorts of problems with it before :monkies: :engel016:

EgoR64
December 6th, 2009, 04:08
:wavey:

I'm kicking the tires on it now, So far the Frames seem to be the same, Doing an FMS flight from KSAN to KLAS -

Cheers -

wilycoyote4
December 6th, 2009, 14:54
The 757 failed miserably on my test flight. The altitude select knob didn't work correctly, the yaw behavior of the aircraft was way off, and the VNAV completely ignored my altitudes at each waypoint.

The FPS weren't any better either.
How did you install version 4?

Kiwikat
December 6th, 2009, 17:01
How did you install version 4?

By doing this:

3. Uninstall everything you have installed from the 757 Captain family (all blocks, -300, -Freighter, ACE, Sound) from your computer.
(Start> Programs> Captain Sim> 757 Captain> ).

4. Install* the downloaded files on your computer in the following order:
- Base Pack (csp751_4400.exe)
- 757-300 (csx753_4400.exe) or 757 Freighter (csx754_4400.exe)

5. Restart your computer.

wilycoyote4
December 6th, 2009, 17:36
Thanks Kiwikat, those are the CaptSim instructions, same way I did my installation. You are far ahead of me on testing. The CaptSim forum is helpful. I've made only 3 very short flights so far. I don't see any "rocking" so far. Anyway, if you learn more about your issues please post.

jimjones
December 7th, 2009, 03:24
Tried my first flight this morn. It used the FMC and was a plan used earlier. I'd documented the check list before the 4.4 change so as to be able to repeat the flight.

Earlier I was able to enter a zfw of 128, which was considered an invalid entry with 4.4. Zfw of 131 was acceptable.

The 4.4 plan gave different speed/altitude numbers and an earlier T/D than before. The FMC met all the speed/altitude goals within a few percent and followed the plan very well.

Need to test a plan that failed to give a T/D in 4.3, thus a failed plan. Keeping fingers crossed.

EgoR64
December 7th, 2009, 03:43
:wavey:

Both my flights went well 757 and 767, a slight improvement in the Cockpit FPS for me, which is where I hang out mostly - the FMC flight plans worked well -

Cheers -