PDA

View Full Version : ROFWinter scenery arrives in update

gajit
December 4th, 2009, 23:36
Rise of flight continues to get better and better. The latested update gives us snowy landscape. Moonlight has been added for night flights.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/win.jpg

huub vink
December 5th, 2009, 01:07
Nice shot gajit. I have installed the update, but have not found any time to fly yet.

Cheers,
Huub

Seaking055
December 5th, 2009, 04:59
Hey Guys

I'm thinking of buying this sim, but I'm reading all over the place the you HAVE to be online to play it, is this true?. I've read it tracks what your doing in the sim, I have a feeling it tracks a lot more.....would I be correct ? Something about you have to keep verifying while your flying. Crikes !! looking at their store, you have to buy the aircraft as well lol
Holy cow.

Thanks

gajit
December 5th, 2009, 05:22
Thats correct. If your into WW1 flying and combat you just accept it as its so absorbing. And it looks like there will be lots more addons in the future. Prices of planes are so cheap compared to the best of FSX addons.

d0mokun
December 5th, 2009, 05:30
You don't really have to buy any aeroplanes- all of them are included as adversaries. It's just a case of buy what you want to fly if it's not included by default.

Must get it updated now the winter stuff is out- it looks even more superb than it did before!

Seaking055
December 5th, 2009, 05:30
Thats correct. If your into WW1 flying and combat you just accept it as its so absorbing. And it looks like there will be lots more addons in the future. Prices of planes are so cheap compared to the best of FSX addons.

Many thanks

Snuffy
December 5th, 2009, 06:54
well nuts.

I won't be seeing it ... the latest update screwed my set up.

I thought maybe a corrective reinstall would get it ... nothing doing. I can't get past the launcher without CTD.

heywooood
December 5th, 2009, 07:59
Hey Guys

I'm thinking of buying this sim, but I'm reading all over the place the you HAVE to be online to play it, is this true?. I've read it tracks what your doing in the sim, I have a feeling it tracks a lot more.....would I be correct ? Something about you have to keep verifying while your flying. Crikes !! looking at their store, you have to buy the aircraft as well lol
Holy cow.

Thanks

the sim comes with a nieuport 17, a spad, a fokker DVII and one other flyable - all the other planes are included with the updates as AI...

at $7.62 the flyable aircraft are a bargain compared to the average decent FSX addon so I don't know why it is an issue - especially on this board but everywhere else RoF is discussed...? I don't get it.

as far as the internet constant connection goes - it is a ping at login to determine the authenticity of your copy and to maintain your statistics...
any web browser you use is constantly 'tracking' you so I wouldn't let this game scare you - at least you get a really awesome combat flight sim to go with all that 'tracking' :kilroy: