PDA

View Full Version : Finally...proof that cell phones are EVIL!

OBIO
December 4th, 2009, 19:30
I have had the belief that cell phones are evil since they hit the market. And today, I was slapped in the face with the proof I needed.

For supper, I browned some lean ground beef, seasoned it with onions, a pinch of garlic powder, dark chili powder, some paprika, a generous palmful of coarse ground black pepper. Mixed in some refried beans, diced tomato with chile peppers and some nice Amish cheese. A quick simple Friday evening bean dip. I turned the burner down to simmer, hopped into the car and ran to the local Save A Lot store to grab a bag of white corn tortilla chips and some soda (pop, cola...whatever it is called in whatever region you life in). Got in the check out line and while in the check out line...that is when I found the proof that cell phones are in deed EVIL!

There on the wall behind the check out line conveyor belt thingie, on little plastic pegs...were a wide selection of prepaid cell phone cards. Tracfone, Verizon...and one for Net10. It was on the card for the Net10 prepaid cell phone service..in bold black lettering..the proof that backed up my belief that cell phones are EVIL! The card read:

No Bills! No Contracts! No Evil!

NO EVIL! This one cell phone company has cell phones that have no evil...but all the others...they don't have that. They have EVIL! They are EVIL!

CELL PHONES ARE EVIL!

Now where did I leave my aluminum foil suit?

OBIO

MCDesigns
December 4th, 2009, 19:32
LOL! :ernae:

Chacha
December 4th, 2009, 19:58
You are funny, OBIO! :icon_lol:

...That is a yummy dinner!

Smokey Joe
December 4th, 2009, 21:00
Just go to the vet and get him to give you some of those doggie downers. They'll mellow you right out. :jump:

magruder
December 4th, 2009, 21:18
Evil is OK,Remember if you Text "THERE IS A RECORD",Ask Tiger Woods.Magruder.

mrogers
December 4th, 2009, 21:34
LOL:icon_lol:

arrowmaker
December 4th, 2009, 23:23
Time to bring in the telecom exorcist. :icon_lol:

harleyman
December 5th, 2009, 00:43
LOL...I very much dislike cell phones..Although the wife has presented me with two of them over the years..I have not seen nor used them in years..They are both in a drawer where they belong....

I still to this day travel without one...

I agree....They are EVIL !

FengZ
December 5th, 2009, 01:15
you made me hungry...

-fz

Cazzie
December 5th, 2009, 04:19
Aw right, 5 minutes lost to clean spittle from monitor. :icon_lol:

Caz

GT182
December 5th, 2009, 06:44
LOL...I very much dislike cell phones..Although the wife has presented me with two of them over the years..I have not seen nor used them in years..They are both in a drawer where they belong....

I still to this day travel without one...

I agree....They are EVIL !

Yep evil as can be. Just look some of the ones using them on the highways.... complete maroons that can't pay attention to their driving.

Philadelphia just enacted their new cell phone law on Dec 1st. If you use one it must be "hands free only" if you are in or on any motor vehicle. $75 when caught... no questions asked. Plus up to $300 if you don't pay the fine on time.

cheezyflier
December 5th, 2009, 06:57
...That is a yummy dinner!

i was thinking "wow, put that over a bed of rice and you got a real good meal"

:applause:

brad kaste
December 5th, 2009, 07:11
Yep evil as can be. Just look some of the ones using them on the highways.... complete maroons that can't pay attention to their driving.

Philadelphia just enacted their new cell phone law on Dec 1st. If you use one it must be "hands free only" if you are in or on any motor vehicle. $75 when caught... no questions asked. Plus up to $300 if you don't pay the fine on time.

Chicago has had the same law in effect for over a year now. I haven't heard one way or another how well it's been enforced. It's one law I'm all for.
I give a wide berth when a see a Yuppie type mommy,....driving her super luxury SUV,.....with a couple of youngsters inside,....yakking on her cell phone as if there's no tomorrow.

Brian
December 5th, 2009, 07:18
hahaha and you left me hungry too!

boxcar
December 5th, 2009, 07:24
~ cracking me up! ~ http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/lachen/laughing-smiley-016.gif

Ickie
December 5th, 2009, 07:30
I am with verizon and have a little known contract and I have to buy my phones, every 1.5 years to keep up with the world, and I get them on ebay for under 20 bucks, lol
anyway my contract with verizon cost me $100 per year, thats it. Thats about $8.66 a month but i have a yearly date that I have to pay them on, thats the catch.
I can text and now I have a full keyboard, and send and receive pictures and get on the internet, but the small screen is a hassell. I can also talk to anyone.
To me it was a life saver when I was in the hospital, I called henry every day.

Chacha
December 5th, 2009, 09:35
I am with verizon and have a little known contract and I have to buy my phones, every 1.5 years to keep up with the world, and I get them on ebay for under 20 bucks, lol
anyway my contract with verizon cost me $100 per year, thats it. Thats about $8.66 a month but i have a yearly date that I have to pay them on, thats the catch.
I can text and now I have a full keyboard, and send and receive pictures and get on the internet, but the small screen is a hassell. I can also talk to anyone.
To me it was a life saver when I was in the hospital, I called henry every day.

I was traveling one time, reached the airport at 11:56pm, almost midnight. As we landed, we were told we were now able to turn our cellphones on... I had a message, saying, the hotel I was about to check in has a gas leak and all the guests were advised to stay in another hotel that is on another side of town...

The message through my cellphone saved me pressures of time, money and inconvenience.... :icon_lol:

Sometimes things in our lives save us from anything danger - seen or unseen - be it good or evil.... Someone up there made sure we are all taken cared of through blessings or blessings in disguise....:engel016:

n4gix
December 5th, 2009, 10:39
I only have a cellphone. I gave up my "landline service" about 12 years ago. My service via US Cellular is $49.95/mo + tax for unlimited incoming and 1500 min/mo of outgoing.

My only problem is finding a cellphone that is just a cellphone on those rare occasions when I need a new one...

By "rare occasions" I mean just that. In twelve years of service I've only had three different phones...

...the latest of which is an LG "flip" with the world's most useless feature: a "camera" from which one has no way of retrieving any photos taken! :salute:

Trans_23
December 5th, 2009, 10:51
Chicago has had the same law in effect for over a year now. I haven't heard one way or another how well it's been enforced. It's one law I'm all for.
I give a wide berth when a see a Yuppie type mommy,....driving her super luxury SUV,.....with a couple of youngsters inside,....yakking on her cell phone as if there's no tomorrow.

It is enforced but not a deterrant. I see Chicago cops talking on their cell phones all the time. Most do pull over, when doing so, creating a traffic hazard as they are usually double parked. :isadizzy:

waco
December 5th, 2009, 12:04
I was following a motor cyclist down the main street of the small town I lived in then (live in another now) and wondered why he was wobbling. It was early and the bars and liquor store weren't open yet. When he turned into a parking lot, I saw why. He was steering with his knees and balance. His hands were busy dialing on his cell phone.

boxcar
December 5th, 2009, 15:50
I only had a cell phone. Yes, very much past tense... which, thinking about it, is certainly true in other ways too. :)

My first cell phone ever, purchased right at a year ago at the age of 55. Tracfone, 800 minute card & free double minutes for the life of the phone card, 16 months of service in advance, 20 extra minutes for activating it online. Had had my landline disconnected earlier this year & was relying on the godless, wireless, inadequate contraption as a sole means of phone communications.

With 547 minutes remaining through April of next year, had tried to place a call several days ago whilst out on a good long walk. The call failed... again & again & again. "No service..." recording or something to the effect. This follows many failures of the blessed thing to acquire a signal while out in the boonies here, emergency calls a big reason in getting it in the first place, Tracfone because it was the least expensive long-term deal that could be found in my area at the time.

Having already been a challenging month & now the phone is messing up again, a decision was made. Few things relieve & ventilate one's mind & heart like making a decision. After calling Tracfone's Customer Service in the Dominican Republic & not understanding the nice but mumbling young woman info tech there to clear myself of this agravating situtation, the wee phone was raised up to the sky in a gesture of thankfulness, the phone then brought low with blurring speed as the air filled with colorful similies & with a solid ~crack~ the Tracfone hit the pavement & has failed to trouble me any more. It's purdy now though...

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/ddublu/Tracfone.jpg

Gonna make a little frame for it, lest we forget. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/verkleidung/costumed-smiley-034.gif $165 for 12 of 16 months service paid for, hmmm........ Am feeling so much better now.