PDA

View Full Version : New Garden Scenery uploaded

falcon409
December 4th, 2009, 07:08
I just uploaded the revised New Garden Airport scenery. Not sure when it'll appear though. Enjoy!!

robcap
December 4th, 2009, 10:25
Downloading now!
Will report back.

Cheers, R.

Bomber_12th
December 4th, 2009, 10:33
Thank you very much, Falcon! Just downloaded, and will have to do some flying from the field tonight when I get the chance, and try and get some pics posted too. ;)

falcon409
December 4th, 2009, 11:11
Wow, posted up pretty quickly this time. Hope everything looks as it should once you install. Let me know if you have any major glitches. I'll be uploading Robertson (Connecticut) later on today as well.

Railrunner130
December 4th, 2009, 18:07
Many thanks for doing New Garden. It's been long overdue and you did it the justice it deserved.

:ernae:

robcap
December 5th, 2009, 00:48
Hi,

Very nice scenery, thanks. It's strictly for GA. The runway is a bit narrow for the DC2. I'm missing the 4 long hangers...
But for the rest very athmospheric. :ernae:

Cheers, Rob

falcon409
December 5th, 2009, 07:49
Hi,
Very nice scenery, thanks. It's strictly for GA. The runway is a bit narrow for the DC2. I'm missing the 4 long hangers...
But for the rest very athmospheric.
Cheers, Rob
Rob,
There is a single bgl file in there named Airport_buildings_AP.bgl (or similar), that bgl must be placed in the main Scenery\Global\scenery folder to show up. Make sure it's there.

robcap
December 5th, 2009, 11:39
Sorry for overlooking that line in the readme.
Now it works just great, Thanks!

R.

falcon409
December 5th, 2009, 11:57
Sorry for overlooking that line in the readme.
Now it works just great, Thanks! R.
Not a problem Rob, glad it's working.

Railrunner130
December 5th, 2009, 12:35
Hi,

But for the rest very athmospheric. :ernae:

Cheers, Rob

I have photos of a DC-2 at an airshow there nearly 20 years ago. The runway is pretty narrow and the trees aren't far from the runway. I'm sure the pucker factor for the DC-2 pilot was pretty high, but it fit.

rdyoung
December 5th, 2009, 16:40
One minor observation on this scenery and some others is that the start and parking locations, as listed in the go to airport menu, don't seem to match up with the adjusted scenery, as if they have been carried over from the default scenery or ignored altogether? Not a big deal by any means but just appears a bit unusual when a goto ends up in the middle of a field.

Certainly a nice job on the scenery, though, and thanks.

Rick

falcon409
December 5th, 2009, 17:02
One minor observation on this scenery and some others is that the start and parking locations, as listed in the go to airport menu, don't seem to match up with the adjusted scenery, as if they have been carried over from the default scenery or ignored altogether? Not a big deal by any means but just appears a bit unusual when a goto ends up in the middle of a field.
Certainly a nice job on the scenery, though, and thanks.
Rick
Rick,
Thanks for bringing that up. That's my fault and here's why. I use AFX to handle all my AFCAD work and by default the start positions are not shown. I have to manually select them to even see where they are. Consequently, I don't even think about them. I don't use a start position when I'm working on the airports because I save the flight while I'm in a slewing position.

I'll load up AFX and see if I can check that and have it remain active once I close out the program. If it's visible to me I'll be more apt to quickly correct the srat positions and once saved they'll remain in the corrected spots.

Sorry for the mixup. Best way to correct that is to save a flight in the spot you wish to start from and just use that as your default startup.