PDA

View Full Version : go get your 1.009 RoF update NOW

heywooood
December 4th, 2009, 05:35
Its up - go get it....this one includes a replay and ingame control adjustments among other things

Snuffy
December 4th, 2009, 05:40
NOT NOW! I'm at work! Argh! :banghead:

spotlope
December 4th, 2009, 06:36
Thanks for the HU, Heywooood. Grabbing it now.

Snuffy
December 4th, 2009, 14:36
ARGH!!!

Just downloaded and installed the update ... now it won't run!

:banghead:

vstudios
December 4th, 2009, 15:13
I bought it and the game wont even start for me.. this was 8 weeks ago. :173go1:

JIMJAM
December 4th, 2009, 15:19
Russian games and me Dont get along. For the life of me I still cannot get most "Saitek X52 Hotas" commands to stick.Had the same problems with the Lockon/Blackshark sims. Ive deleted any Saitek profiles but some commands will not work. Ive triple checked for duplicates but some commands that do work also trigger a snap view.
I have never gotten rid of the distance jaggies and its still the same after the patch.
Are you guys using the ROF graphics settings or your cards settings? In my case ATI catalyst. Ive tried both and horizon jaggies are still horrible.
So if anybody has found the secret to getting commands to stick let me know.
A explanation of how to set deadzones and sensitivity needed also.:isadizzy:

spotlope
December 4th, 2009, 15:19
Dean, did you install the DX9 that was on the RoF CD? I thought I didn't have to, since I had a later version of DirectX, but RoF wouldn't start for me either until I installed the DirectX that was included with the game. It doesn't seem to have any adverse affect on FSX.

gajit
December 4th, 2009, 15:30
The new update really is a great improvement provided you tick mods in the settings - otherwise you can use the repaints and any of your own missions.

vstudios
December 4th, 2009, 15:36
Dean, did you install the DX9 that was on the RoF CD? I thought I didn't have to, since I had a later version of DirectX, but RoF wouldn't start for me either until I installed the DirectX that was included with the game. It doesn't seem to have any adverse affect on FSX.

Hi Bill, I'll give that a try tomorrow, thanks for that - appreciated.

heywooood
December 4th, 2009, 17:00
Some updates will cause you to have to re-login with your email and password - those larger updates will also overwrite some of your other basic settings - like your resolution, and keymapping (however - if you saved a profile it is very simple to just select your profile on the settings page and reload it) etc...

always go to settings before playing and check those things out - it will save you some aggravation.

If you visit their website (and they have addressed some of the confusing topics and threads there thankfully) you can see how to set up RoF to work regardless of the problems you might be having.

heywooood
December 4th, 2009, 17:02
The new update really is a great improvement provided you tick mods in the settings - otherwise you can use the repaints and any of your own missions.

this is true - however - if you are interested in the Standings or Rankings - you must fly RoF with mods 'unchecked'

heywooood
December 4th, 2009, 20:09
Russian games and me Dont get along. For the life of me I still cannot get most "Saitek X52 Hotas" commands to stick.Had the same problems with the Lockon/Blackshark sims. Ive deleted any Saitek profiles but some commands will not work. Ive triple checked for duplicates but some commands that do work also trigger a snap view.
I have never gotten rid of the distance jaggies and its still the same after the patch.
Are you guys using the ROF graphics settings or your cards settings? In my case ATI catalyst. Ive tried both and horizon jaggies are still horrible.
So if anybody has found the secret to getting commands to stick let me know.
A explanation of how to set deadzones and sensitivity needed also.:isadizzy:

in the settings tab - did you uncheck all of the separate 'post effects' AND the post effects box itself?

I use Nhancer @ 8x AA and AF and have the ingame AA and AF on max
this gives me nice clean lines and minimal distance jags

I have to run 'landscape' at MEDIUM along with the 'reflections' - in the Quality settings - but all others are on HIGH

gajit
December 4th, 2009, 22:42
this is true - however - if you are interested in the Standings or Rankings - you must fly RoF with mods 'unchecked'

True Heywoood - but my main interest is flying and dying! LOL

heywooood
December 5th, 2009, 07:30
me too - but it bears mentioning for the onliners who want to see their skins and a whatnot and still get their stats updated....no can do - yet