PDA

View Full Version : TC and Reunion

Zommoz
December 4th, 2009, 04:29
I recently bought X3:Reunion and am in love. Being an old Privateer fan, X3 seems to be just what I've been waiting for. Of course, I made the mistake of buying the $10.00 version so had to troll the web for a manual, thus turning a steep learning curve into a straight up climb (almost two weeks in and I still have NO idea what I'm doing!:isadizzy:). My questions are many, but I'll start with this; All of my searches seem to turn up information for Terran Conflict and very little for Reunion. Is it safe to assume that the advice for TC would work with Reunion? They seem similar enough that the info is transferrable, but I wonder what kind of pitfalls to look out for as far as that transfer goes. Any thoughts/input would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave

pied
December 4th, 2009, 06:32
Hola Z!

Go to the 'Apricot Mapping Service' Web site, they have a very complete manual for both games... Be aware though that their manual is loaded with spoilers! Also loaded with tips and tricks to getting the most fun out of the game.

Pied

Lionheart
December 4th, 2009, 09:41
Hola Z!

Go to the 'Apricot Mapping Service' Web site, they have a very complete manual for both games... Be aware though that their manual is loaded with spoilers! Also loaded with tips and tricks to getting the most fun out of the game.

Pied

Man.. I'll have to check that out..

Thanks Pied.

There 'should' be a PDF manual in your Reunion package, somewhere in the disc and or the installation/program folder.

Reunion has some slight differences in the control panels. In X3TC, the control bar is on the left side of the screen, while in Reunion, its on the bottom and the right and works a bit differently.

I just got Reunion working on my Apple side (Mac mode) and its pretty cool on how the fighting goes. Its not like that on mine in X3TC. The enemy is much easier to shoot down in Reunion.

In a couple of days, Mike will be back (Gigabyte) is the great guru of Reunion. He will be able to help you out more, but his usual phrase is the same as Pied. "Go to the Apricot Website"....

Bill

Craig Taylor
December 4th, 2009, 10:26
I have the Apricot guide. It covers all the X games, and is color-coded so you can tell if something is specific. It's not so full of 'spoilers' that you'd want to avoid it, and provides some useful guidance. Some of the concepts that should have been covered in the game manuals are explained decently in the guide.

Chacha
December 4th, 2009, 10:37
I have the Apricot guide. It covers all the X games, and is color-coded so you can tell if something is specific. It's not so full of 'spoilers' that you'd want to avoid it, and provides some useful guidance. Some of the concepts that should have been covered in the game manuals are explained decently in the guide.

And be sure to read the manuals.... Do not be like me, I don't read the manuals.... (or shall I say, I learn the hard way.... I play then figure out myself, then could pass through ... so then I read the manuals... part of the manual... then play then read again.... :isadizzy:)

So read the manuals, If you don't have it... Read the post here, it is well explained in here than the manuals actually.... Scroll back and reread.... :applause:

Craig Taylor
December 4th, 2009, 10:48
Me, too, Chacha! :icon_lol:

GT182
December 4th, 2009, 11:25
X2 on that Chacha. I'm a bit lax when it comes to "reading the manual", but it's a neccessity for X3... all versions. ;)

Chacha
December 4th, 2009, 13:03
Thanks Craig, & GT....

I am not alone then... :redface: :rolleyes:

I feel better, then! :bump:

gigabyte
December 4th, 2009, 13:04
In case you need it here is the link for the Apricot Slice Mapping Service Download section, this is TOP Notch stuff, and the Terran Conflict Mod is wonderful.

http://apricotmappingservice.com/X3TCdownloads/

Chacha
December 4th, 2009, 13:14
Hey Mike,

That is a great website... I think I can find almost anything I need there... Thank you.... :salute: :salute: :salute:

Zommoz
December 4th, 2009, 16:25
Thanks for the links! It's gonna take a while to sift through it all, but I already have gotten a much better start due to the Apricot site. They showed me where I went wrong.

As for the manual, the version I bought was just a disk and case... no printed material whatsoever. The installation has no manual anywhere either, other than the read-me's. While I was able to download a copy of the original manual, the program updates changed some key commands (i.e. some stuff says hit X key, whereas it is now SHIFT+X), but I am slowly figuring things out. This game is OBVIOUSLY going to be on my rig for years to come, or at least until I get Terran Conflict :mixedsmi: !

Thanks again for the input.

gigabyte
December 4th, 2009, 20:07
Thanks for the links! It's gonna take a while to sift through it all, but I already have gotten a much better start due to the Apricot site. They showed me where I went wrong.

As for the manual, the version I bought was just a disk and case... no printed material whatsoever. The installation has no manual anywhere either, other than the read-me's. While I was able to download a copy of the original manual, the program updates changed some key commands (i.e. some stuff says hit X key, whereas it is now SHIFT+X), but I am slowly figuring things out. This game is OBVIOUSLY going to be on my rig for years to come, or at least until I get Terran Conflict :mixedsmi: !

Thanks again for the input.

Zommoz, Not that you need it now, (the Apricot Slice Manual has all this content) but I believe the X3 install does place the PDF manual in the game Documents folder by default, here is the location of the manual in my installation - E:\Program Files\EGOSOFT\X3 Terran Conflict\Documents