PDA

View Full Version : New to CFS 3 Online

Certif
September 29th, 2008, 05:38
Hello:

I just ordered CFS 3 and the "Firepower" add on which I hope to have this week. Actually, I ordered three CFS 3 CDs so that my two sons can play at their homes as well. We intend to play online some and was wondering, how much will that cost?

Also, I could only find one CD of the "Firepower" add on and was wondering if you need the CD to run it. If you don't, is it illegal to let my sons load it on their computers?

Thanks

MTG196
September 29th, 2008, 07:30
Certif,

First of all, Welcome to the forum. :wavey: You will find as I have that this is the best place for all things CFS3. As for Firepower, you do not need the CD for it to run, just to install. As for you legal concern I am not sure. It would be best for you to find out before you install it on another persons machine. And beware that the administrators of this site do no tolerate software piracy or the talk thereof in the least. You can probably find more info on the firepower site: http://www.a2asimulations.com/firepower/ (http://www.a2asimulations.com/firepower/)

Firepower, however, is a great add-on. But you should really check out the ETO expansion. Its just been released, its freeware, and it is PHENOMENAL:d. it can be found on this site along with numerous other great additions to make CFS3 more enjoyable.

Anyway, Welcome and Happy Flying:icon_lol:,

Warthog
(MTG196)

blacksheep-ghost03
September 29th, 2008, 08:01
Hello:

I just ordered CFS 3 and the "Firepower" add on which I hope to have this week. Actually, I ordered three CFS 3 CDs so that my two sons can play at their homes as well. We intend to play online some and was wondering, how much will that cost?

Also, I could only find one CD of the "Firepower" add on and was wondering if you need the CD to run it. If you don't, is it illegal to let my sons load it on their computers?

Thanks

Don't know what OP system you have but if you have Vista you won't be able to play " multiplayer online ". XP works fine for " multiplayer online ". So if you and your son's want to play " multiplayer online " you all must have XP for now. You can still play the game with Vista just not against online players. Welcome to SOH.

Certif
September 29th, 2008, 08:17
Hello Again:

Thank you for your responses and welcoming to the forum. We'll use the ETO expansion instead of the "Firepower" add on.

Is there any plan to allow Vista to be used in the on line game?

Again, thank you.

one-eye
September 29th, 2008, 08:46
As BS Ghosty03 said Vista users have had problems and can only seem able to play online using OFF [Over Flanders Fields -free add on] so all is not lost .I wonder if Vista will work with this new add on ETO ?
You and your sons are more than welcome to join any of the online games that are posted at the top of this page in the stickie thread -"Post your CFS3 IP games here" - games listed here start and end all time so refresh the page alot.Simply put the host's IP number into CFS3's "join private game" and connect for free . cheers one eye

Certif
September 29th, 2008, 12:33
Thank you for the invite. As soon as the CDs come, we'll get them loaded and start joining games.

Deadmeat1971
October 1st, 2008, 19:39
Guys, I have posted a thread about the "Firepower Multiplaying Utility" before the crash. I have used this to enable the 'stock' only aircraft in order to play online with others. Apparently, this utility works real well under Windows XP. I didn't have to uninstall the "Firepower" aircraft (or even other non-Firepower aircraft) in order to avoid a "mismatch error". In other words, I can still add more aircraft to the regular CFS3 directory and still play online.

I was wondering if this utility, Firepower Multiplaying Utility, will make Vista work? If someone has Vista already and the Firepower addon installed, could someone tested this?

My Firepower version came with the "Aircraft Powerpack" which I purchased.