PDA

View Full Version : Eto cfs2

Wildcat-87
December 3rd, 2009, 19:12
I am instaling an ETO copy of Cfs2, and I was wandering if it is possible to deleite the Cfs2 Aircraft and objects from the Pacific, I saw a post a few days ago but I still have not been able to find it, if anyone can help it would be great>

erufle
December 3rd, 2009, 23:11
Yes, and its really quite simple. You have to delete any reference to the planes. That means you:
1. delete the planes in the Aircraft folder
2. eliminate any lines in the "descrip.dat" file which is located in the INFO folder.
3. eliminate the lines that describe the plane in the "mdlnames.txt" file which is found in the main folder.

Devildog73
December 4th, 2009, 03:43
AND you have to edit the Quick Combat file.
ALL of the planes you remove have to be deleted from the QC file.

I suggest getting Jones QC editor.

miamieagle
December 4th, 2009, 05:08
Its even easier if you are willing to have less planes in your Hangar. Just delete the PANEL folder within each Pacific Theater AC Folder. You can do this or you can delete any folder with any Pacific Theater AC and that make them disappear from your Hangar screen when chosing AC to fly with.:ernae:

Cody Coyote
December 4th, 2009, 08:10
To eliminate the Pacific Runways and any reference to them go to your SCENEDB folder and open the afdfiles\scenery folder and delete the file named cfs2afd.bgl. Then go to the runways\scenery folder and delete the file allrunways.bgl. Leave the other file(s) alone.

Wildcat-87
December 4th, 2009, 12:48
HEy thanks everyone this will be really helpful. Does the same thing go for the ships, or are there a lot of Mods the require them?

Cody Coyote
December 5th, 2009, 06:24
You can dump all of the PTO ships without impacting the game. But - some ETO missions call for various ones so you might want to just dump the Japanese ships for starters.