PDA

View Full Version : Our Favorite Christmas & Holiday Songs

Cloud9Gal
December 3rd, 2009, 18:11
Here's one of my favorite Christmas songs by Enya.

Feel free to share your favorite songs as well!

DPHh3nMMu-I&feature=youtube_gdata

Chacha
December 3rd, 2009, 18:27
My All Season Favorite....

Let God Arise...

PrCal6kE-r4

Baruch Adonai...

Psxe3cjf4-U

For your name is Holy...

x6FE8d05vpE

I have a few more.... :engel016:

MCDesigns
December 3rd, 2009, 18:36
One of my favs

FKrx-4Awe70

Snuffy
December 3rd, 2009, 18:40
0FelC2XOQ6A

Chacha
December 3rd, 2009, 19:30
You will love this caribbean beat! :applause:

zjFPZ9cvFZc

djscoo
December 3rd, 2009, 19:34
F_J4SBUwe5U&feature=youtube_gdata

NoNewMessages
December 3rd, 2009, 19:40
Excuse my nOOb-ness, but how or what do you tick, check, toggle to get the embedded portion to show? All I get is a bunch of worthless HTML code with no player in it.

Chacha
December 3rd, 2009, 19:48
Excuse my nOOb-ness, but how or what do you tick, check, toggle to get the embedded portion to show? All I get is a bunch of worthless HTML code with no player in it.

There is a red YT on the top (that is the you tube) attached the 10 or 11 characters on you tube after the = sign... copy and paste the 10 or 11 characters ...

Example....

this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn73me4MguY&NR=1

you click on the red YT on the top icon and copy paste the bn73me4mguY it will look like this:

[ YOUTUBE ] bn73me4MguY [ /YOUTUBE ]

I separated it with spaces so you will see how it was copied...

Hope this helps...

cheezyflier
December 3rd, 2009, 19:58

when you put in the web address you erase everything before the equal sign.

for example, if you wanted to post this video:

grwP8QvI1jY

you would click the red and white YT
that would give you [ YOUTUBE ][ /YOUTUBE ]
in between them you would paste the adress, which is
MMM.youtube.com/watch?v=pAUs1jRtKoI
but then you would erase everything to the left of the equal sign, leaving just
pAUs1jRtKoI
if you do that, you're good to go.

luckydog
December 3rd, 2009, 20:17
SOYRdvyttW0

harleyman
December 4th, 2009, 01:47
OK Where is this red YT ??

I'm with Snuffy...The First Noel..

Also The Little drummer Boy...Cause thats me ..Well as a younger man I played in a band.... This one was a Reggee band in West Virginia..LOL Just over 30 years ago...

Chacha
December 4th, 2009, 02:22
Harleyman,

If you click on Post Reply at the very bottom of the post, you will be directed to a page that says Reply to thread...

From there you will see the RED YT on the upper right hand side of your little screen where you type your message....

However, you won't see it on the Quick Reply...

Brian
December 4th, 2009, 02:53
=TduNljqpjVw

Brian
December 4th, 2009, 02:54
This one is really worth watching, a Larry Norman classic:

TduNljqpjVw

harleyman
December 4th, 2009, 03:28
Harleyman,

If you click on Post Reply at the very bottom of the post, you will be directed to a page that says Reply to thread...

From there you will see the RED YT on the upper right hand side of your little screen where you type your message....

However, you won't see it on the Quick Reply...

Now I know....

Thanks so much for that tip...I always wondered how....:applause:

TomSteber
December 4th, 2009, 03:28
Might not be my all time favorite, but it's close!

GPG3zSgm_Qo

TomSteber
December 4th, 2009, 03:36
Cause thats me ..Well as a younger man I played in a band.... This one was a Reggee band in West Virginia..LOL Just over 30 years ago...

Mason, I didn't know. I've played drums since I was 5. Used to make my living doing that for years on end. Also used to teach. Still play, but only at church now.
Don't have any pictures from back then on the computer (still need to get that scanner) but here's my latest rig taken a few years ago.
Yes, these were taken when Brett Favre was still cool in Green Bay!

cheezyflier
December 4th, 2009, 12:04
Might not be my all time favorite, but it's close!

GPG3zSgm_Qo

just twist it a little bit

4AC3sZB-v7Q

harleyman
December 4th, 2009, 12:18
WOW...You play one of those eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lectronic deals....

I just played an old all wood Ludwig set with Zillzian symbols(sp)

Its been many a year since then.... Played mostly at Va Beach as a kid then at lots of local bars in Morgantown WV (WVU) stuff roudy bars and dives...LOL

Don't even have a set now ...BooHoo

I did play in a band called *Norfolk Aliens* way back when....That band became Mason, and put out an album called Harbour Lights.. A year after I was long gone of coarse....LOL

Ahhh The good ol days....

Mason, I didn't know. I've played drums since I was 5. Used to make my living doing that for years on end. Also used to teach. Still play, but only at church now.
Don't have any pictures from back then on the computer (still need to get that scanner) but here's my latest rig taken a few years ago.
Yes, these were taken when Brett Favre was still cool in Green Bay!

arrowmaker
December 4th, 2009, 12:29
One of my all time favourite festive songs:

GmZg7tvGN9o

TomSteber
December 4th, 2009, 13:17
WOW...You play one of those eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lectronic deals....

I just played an old all wood Ludwig set with Zillzian symbols(sp)

Its been many a year since then.... Played mostly at Va Beach as a kid then at lots of local bars in Morgantown WV (WVU) stuff roudy bars and dives...LOL

Don't even have a set now ...BooHoo

I did play in a band called *Norfolk Aliens* way back when....That band became Mason, and put out an album called Harbour Lights.. A year after I was long gone of coarse....LOL

Ahhh The good ol days....

I play electric only now because of living in an apartment, but it the past had Ludwig and Yamaha acoustic sets along with an old Simmons electric set. Sometimes I would combine them a bit. Of course that was in the 80's.

kilo delta
December 4th, 2009, 13:25
Uy6ba_M6zww

and this one brings back some wonderful memories for me

dNE_eiuzJQw

Snuffy
December 4th, 2009, 14:34
Then there is always this one ...

Embedding disabled by request so you're going to have to open the link. Sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsvZHHLQ8-c

Bjoern
December 4th, 2009, 14:43
The only one of the "normal" ones I can tolerate...

5hVEdE0O5tA

My mom always puts this one on for breakfast on the weekend as well as on Christmas Eve throughout the holiday season. Annoyed me, but ever since I've moved out I don't find it that annoying anymore.

e-iQ5eprFEo
(Best version on YT since this piece is nothing without well hearable kettledrums.)

As for the rest of the so-called "christmas" music played throughout the country: :barf:

Doubles for that f+ckingly horrible "Last Christmas": :barf: :barf:

Pauke! Pauke!
December 4th, 2009, 15:27
Oh Baby! Let me be your Santa.

:santahat::santahat::santahat::santahat::santahat: :santahat:

xOMmSbxB_Sg&feature

RL_201
December 4th, 2009, 15:41
Jlf---13Q0g

sEbUtpPQihM
:icon29: :ernae:

kilo delta
December 4th, 2009, 15:57
...ooops...almost forgot this one!!! A classic from Fr.Jack himself!

NQkF7fpw-wI

:guinness::guinness::icon_lol:

Pauke! Pauke!
December 4th, 2009, 15:59
All good selections! I find this clip from Joex Noel moving.

c5iDz8Ul_AQ&feature

Cloud9Gal
December 4th, 2009, 17:33
Kilo Delta~ I absolutely LOVE Enya! Thanks so much for posting her Gaelic rendition of Silent Night! I bought her Christmas album last year. All the songs are fantastic!

Bjoern~ I have always wanted to sing in a majestic chorale like the one featured in your ""Thomanerchar Leipzig Tonet ihr Pauken". Alas! I do not have the voice for it...I truly enjoyed this song, thank you so much for sharing a musical piece of your country with us.

Pauke!Pauke!~ Santa Baby is right!! Nobody sings that song like Eartha Kitt! One of my top favs! Good stuff!

McDesigns~ Hubby loves that group- Celtic woman- hmm, I wonder why he does? Actually, I love them as well. A group of beauty and talent, that's for sure! I love that song as well. Thank you!

Tom Steber~ Of course we have to have our Charlie Brown Christmas song! I have the whole Charlie Brown DVD collection at home! Hubby loves Charlie Brown and so do I! Great picks!

Snuffy~ Quite the deep voice he has that Josh Turner! The First Noel is one of the most beautiful Christmas songs. Thanks for sharing!

Brian~ I actually enjoyed watching your "Larry Norman Classic" video. In a way, they reminded me of ZZ Top. Thank you for your pick!

Cheezyflier~ I was actually curious as to how "Heavy Metal Christmas Charlie Brown" would sound? Can't say I really liked it, but it was interesting nonetheless. Thanks for sharing!

Arrowmaker~ I totally fell in love with that song. Wow! Loved the melody and the lyrics! Thanks so much! I will be looking to purchase it online. Hopefully, iTunes has it!

ChaCha~ I can't really say I knew any of the singers and/or bands, but I certainly enjoyed and appreciated the lyrics. Thank you for helping me discover new music and talent.

djscoo~ You made me laugh with your Run DMC! Brought back memories! I just have a hard time thinking of them as a band that would sing Christmas songs. Thanks for sharing your pick!

LD~ Oh noooooooo! The Chimpmunks! LOL! I can't stand them! Only YOU! Thanks for sharing Pup! ;)

Rl_201~ Can't forget cutie pie Snoopy at Christmastime! I enjoyed it! Thanks!

To All: Please continue to share your favorite Christmas & Holiday songs. I truly enjoyed listening to all of them. This is great!!
http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Holidays-and-Party/xmas-tree-070.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/Free-Holidays-and-Party-Smileys.html)

Henry
December 4th, 2009, 18:28
KtqIM_bPTws
H

Henry
December 4th, 2009, 18:34
Etbucgvjhwo
or this
H

Henry
December 4th, 2009, 18:36
or if you are my age
cgugLeR59ik
H

Henry
December 4th, 2009, 18:40
not Christmas maybe
but my Christmas message
ApbGsQAsWOY
H

EasyEd
December 4th, 2009, 19:14
Hey All,

An absolute classic from 1949. Fits our house pretty well some years...:bump:

c8SqY9crHA8

Enjoy!

-Ed-

TARPSBird
December 4th, 2009, 19:16
"Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer" by Gene Autry. I had this song on a 78RPM record when I was a kid and played it all year round. :)

cLf0DDt3Xiw

"White Christmas" by Bing Crosby.

0Mjb4yLMeK8

"I'll Be Home For Christmas" also by Bing.

lIq-jqm4Vdg

MCDesigns
December 4th, 2009, 19:28
This has been a good thread with some great new music to check out. Here are a couple more I enjoy!

gFtb3EtjEic

alIcwofkrS8

u9jmr0MgFKU

3bqdP6GuAvM

Snuffy
December 4th, 2009, 19:42
Lets not forget .. Blue Christmas ...

SPgq_fxaW7U

Craig Taylor
December 4th, 2009, 20:40
I've been a big fan of TSO for a number of years. Saw this video a few years ago on the news. Can't resist because it really appeals to the geek in me. :ernae: Merry Christmas, everybody!

6cXgASLciXc

This is another one I'm very fond of...
0eeqb_FBeps

Chacha
December 4th, 2009, 21:02
Love it Craig....

My Daughter loves the dancing lights... it is beautiful... :applause:

NoNewMessages
December 4th, 2009, 21:07
OK, me thinks (hopes) I've cured my n00b-ness, but no guarantees!

Way back in the dark ages (1980s?) I saw my first Mannheim Steamroller video and have been a fan since. In the too many years that I spent traveling the country, there were too many holidays spent out on the road. Listening to MS made it a little more bearable. Classical, techno, they have a style with either.

And then there are the people who go crazy with their Christmas lights. I never got around to putting lights on my big truck. Too many grinches waiting at the scale houses...

z0pTBNkt9g4

cCsQX-TY-dQ

GsrgFaRQ6h0

Joe P
December 4th, 2009, 21:09
Emerson, Lake, and Palmer - I Believe in Father Christmas

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FqOfXumI18A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FqOfXumI18A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The Kinks- Father Christmas

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tjRSSa9msXk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tjRSSa9msXk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

arrowmaker
December 4th, 2009, 23:49
Here's another. Nothing like a bit of 70's kitsch and side burn heaven.

<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yu5siFg7pzg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yu5siFg7pzg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>

Cazzie
December 5th, 2009, 04:12
Just love Enya C9G, I guess I'vee had every CD since the early 90s.

I bought Harry Connick's Christmas CD last year, a winner for all that love jazzy blues, N'Awlins style.

Caz

S_PlPEVKtVc

cheezyflier
December 5th, 2009, 07:23
p54CMth4Jpg

C8EahBs-P58

i briefly considered posting king diamond's "no presents for christmas", but refrain due to images in the video that i strongly disaprove of.
interesting song, but some people take the image too far.

Curtis P40
December 5th, 2009, 08:05
c9KpNznVLlY&feature=PlayList&p=E7B91CFE203A04C5&index=7

Pauke! Pauke!
December 5th, 2009, 08:08
Love the Nat King Cole selection Willy. We need to play this one I think.

cubgWvBfs24

And, since it's snowing today, this one too.

0Mjb4yLMeK8

Cloud9Gal
December 5th, 2009, 08:24
Pauke! Pauke!~ Awww nice choice with the "White Christmas"! It's snowing here as well! Thank you!

Joe P~ I had kinda forgotten about the "I believe in Father Christmas by Emerson, Lake and Palmer" song! Thanks for posting it! I enjoyed it very much.

Easy Ed~ Boy, did I laugh with your "I Yust go Nuts at Christmas" song. Never heard that one before! LOL!

Arrowmaker~ Again, nice choice of songs! I'm actually looking for more songs by "Slade". Thanks!

CurtisP40~ Not a big fan of David Bowie, but when he's accompanied by Bing, now that's different! Loved their rendition of Little Drummer Boy. Thanks for your pick!

Henry~ Why did I have a feeling that YOU would post the "Hippopatamus For Christmas" one? As corny as that song sounds, I'm a fan of it! LOL! I smile every time it comes on the radio. Thanks H.!

Cazzie~ Glad to hear you are an Enya fan as well! I have all the albums she's ever produced. I also enjoy her family band "Clannad".

This is so much fun! Thank you for participating guys! Yay! Keep adding to our list!
http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Holidays-and-Party/party-110.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/Free-Holidays-and-Party-Smileys.html)

Pauke! Pauke!
December 5th, 2009, 08:37
Cloudnine: Thanks! But it looks like Tarpsbird beat me to it a few posts ago. LOL :redface:

I should have waited until all the embeded selections had fully loaded. It's a good song and worth another listen. It just proves that Tarpsbird has excellent taste in Christmas music among his other talents.

And now for something tastless but still kind of funny. "Married with Childern" Al Bundy's Christmas poem.

SUdTHLeu9qE&feature

Snuffy
December 5th, 2009, 10:47
Some stuff from the Moody Blues ... :)

RLlHCUp0rXQ

mqKxoyeeUQ4

z6dJO1JWdSI

n4gix
December 5th, 2009, 11:02
"Mary's Boy Child" is one of my favorites. I love the reggae beat...

Boney M version with authentic reggae beat!

Sorry, I can't seem to get the "embedding" to work!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxm1FlLSfe4

Vienna Boys Choir with Grace Brumbry (a bit too "operatic for my tastes):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDxBX7c6Dbk

Chacha
December 5th, 2009, 11:06
Hey Bill,

Is it just me?

I see blank on your post? :isadizzy:

I think I need an x-ray vision :icon_lol:

n4gix
December 5th, 2009, 11:09
Hey Bill,

Is it just me?

I see blank on your post? :isadizzy:

I think I need an x-ray vision :icon_lol:

The stupid YT embedding didn't work for me, so I just posted the links... :pop4:

Chacha
December 5th, 2009, 11:14
Here Bill:

Mary's Boy Child - Boney M
hxm1FlLSfe4

Vienna Boys Choir: Mary's boy child
tDxBX7c6Dbk

Wow... What a voice...

Love it.... :applause:

n4gix
December 5th, 2009, 11:25
Here Bill:

Wow... What a voice...

Love it.... :applause:

Thanks! Now I see what needs to be done...

While there's no "video" (just a slideshow), this wonderful recording by the Vienna Boys Choir is simply magnificent!

Back when I was about eleven, having just watched the Disney movie "Born to Sing," I simply begged my parents to emigrate to Austria so I could audition for the Weiner Sangerknaben... :jump:

Pueri Concinite is a beautiful Christmas motet that touches the hearts of all who hear the soaring melody of the boy soprano. Like an angel, he proclaims the birth of God to the Virgin "as the Divine Mercy willed" while the children kneeling before the creche are encouraged to sing songs to the newborn king. The first composition by the name of "Pueri Concinite" was written by Jacob Handl, a devout Cistercian monk from the 16th century. Roughly three centuries later, set to the same lyrics, the Austrian Composer Johan Von Herbeck (1831-1877) composed a new version of this sacred motet that is used in this video.

RVFATPkZpt0

n4gix
December 5th, 2009, 11:55
The US Title for the Disney movie "Born to Sing" is "Almost Angels." Here is the only known recording of the "one hit wonder" of Joseph von Eybler entitled "Omnes de Saba Venient" as performed in the movie.

The soloist's father wanted his son to become a railroad engineer! :173go1:

It's a pity that Disney will not re-release this video which was only available on VHS... :isadizzy:

g_4b9GdO7uU

Chacha
December 5th, 2009, 11:57
AWESOME, Bill :applause:

So you auditioned? :applause:

n4gix
December 5th, 2009, 12:10
AWESOME, Bill :applause:

So you auditioned? :applause:

Unfortunately, no. For some reason my parent's thought emigrating to Austria just so I could audition for the WSK wasn't an especially good idea, since my dad worked for the US Government's USAID program as an electronics engineer... We were living in Tehran, Iran at the time, and his work was rather essential and sensitive. :icon_lol:

I did however manage to sing in many other choirs over the years, and eventually began studying to become a concert organist. :engel016:

OMG! I just looked at eBay and found someone with six copies of "Almost Angels" on VHS. I've placed my order and hope it doesn't take too long to arrive... :)

Pauke! Pauke!
December 5th, 2009, 12:24
Wow! We're really getting some terrific Holiday Music. I'm loving it all. I've always liked Christmas songs that swing and had some soul, old school, if you know what I mean.

C0pjd3jbWiA&feature

zCxvCAxHRUw&feature

WcQJj7d18eA&feature

XVYCuk-GecY

w1GfM3kNzEA

GgDtRvrJ1IE&feature

Willy
December 5th, 2009, 15:21
I do have to admit that I like Enya as well.

My favorite all time Christmas song was when my youngest daughter Kayla was 4ish. She was trying to sing "Feliz Navidad" and it kept coming out "Fleas on a Dog".

Bjoern
December 5th, 2009, 17:54
6cXgASLciXc

Another cool one! Oh yeah! \m/

C9G: You're welcome.

Chacha
December 5th, 2009, 20:33
Daughter and I are enjoying these....

We love the techno Christmas music with dancing Christmas lights :applause:

wings4521
December 5th, 2009, 20:51
I came across this on CBFS, thought I would share it with you guys.

http://video.telegraph.co.uk/services/player/bcpid1529569286?bctid=5524339001

enjoy

Paul

arrowmaker
December 5th, 2009, 22:35
I came across this on CBFS, thought I would share it with you guys.

http://video.telegraph.co.uk/services/player/bcpid1529569286?bctid=5524339001

enjoy

Paul

Wow. Thanks Paul. That just cracked me up. Here's the embedded version:

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yt-K5w1PFMo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yt-K5w1PFMo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

What Breathing Places is all about:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/breathingplaces/aboutus/

grunau_baby
December 6th, 2009, 00:46
Well, Merry Christmas!
of2tzbVHYCY

And for those who like the classic Xmass songs:engel016::
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT_ZPkkipQQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLFpWVppvNM&feature=related

Regards
Alex

6297J
December 6th, 2009, 01:13
:ernae:

<EMBED height=364 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=445 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/C0pjd3jbWiA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&border=1 allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">
(http://<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C0pjd3jbWiA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C0pjd3jbWiA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>)

<EMBED height=364 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=445 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/hWuKimtUEas&hl=en_GB&fs=1&border=1 allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">

</EMBED> (http://<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hWuKimtUEas&hl=en_GB&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hWuKimtUEas&hl=en_GB&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>)

<EMBED height=364 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=445 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/aSynDh_K0EE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&border=1 allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always">

</EMBED> (http://<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aSynDh_K0EE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aSynDh_K0EE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>)</EMBED></OBJECT></EMBED>

cajj1
December 6th, 2009, 01:17
DtZR3lJobjw

GZUgr1zh878

:salute:

Piglet
December 6th, 2009, 01:24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlf---13Q0g
Best one ever!
Also liked Adam Sandler's Hanikua (sp?) Song.
Only "established" Xmas song I like is Little Drummer Boy.
Other than that, BAH HUMBUG! Get it over with!!!!

RL_201
December 6th, 2009, 02:45
Chuck Berry: Run Run Rudolph
dB1n3XGViOM

Bryan Adams: Something About Christmas Time
QhkX2mjl9Qk

Tom Cochrane, Paul Hyde & Murray McLauglan: Let The Good Guys Win
ZWRFY71jnWI

Tom and Jerry Christmas - With real animals!
vmSY26Oy6bk

:santahat: :santahat:

MCDesigns
December 6th, 2009, 03:17
Also liked Adam Sandler's Hanikua (sp?) Song.

LOL, forgot about that one, love it!

Vrd9p47MPHg

Cloud9Gal
December 6th, 2009, 05:26
Another favorite singer of mine, Andrea Bocelli. This year, for the first time ever, Bocelli made a Christmas album. I bought it last week, at Starbucks. Amazing album!! Here's one of the songs, "What Child is This?", in duet with Mary J. Blige.

Enjoy!

MSf_39DxoVQ&feature=youtube_gdata

Cloud9Gal
December 6th, 2009, 06:04
Wow! We have so many wonderful Christmas & Holiday songs going! You guys are awesome! Thanks for participating!

Snuffy~ I enjoyed the Moody Blues songs, especially "In the quiet of Christmas morning". The flute sound is so pretty.

N4gix~ Oh Boney M.! Hubby LOVES that group, so I'm very familiar with their music. Great choice of song! And I have to tell you Bill, the "Pueri Concinite" performed by the Vienna Boys Choir, brougth tears to my eyes. Quite the pure voice he has that little fellow! Simply beautiful! Thank you for posting it!

Pauke! Pauke!~ You can't beat Charles Brown for some good ole' soulful Christmas music! Great choice!

Willy~ You made me chuckle with your comment: "Ok, I have to admit I like Enya as well". LOL! That was cute!

Wings 4521~ I had never even heard of that "Cute animal Christmas" song. That was funny! Thanks for your pick!

grunau baby~ When I started playing "The Ramones" video, I was upstairs and hubby was downstairs. He thought he was hearing our neighbors fight...LOL! (neighbors have a tendancy to yell at each other), so anyways, that was funny! Thanks for sharing!

6297J~ Oh! Love Paul McCartney! Great choice! Yay!

cajj1~ The "Hanukkah in Santa Monica" was hilarious! First time hearing that song as well. Thanks for sharing it with all of us!

RL_201~ I absolutely loved the "Let the good guys win" song. There's also a very powerful message in the lyrics. I will definitely look for this one online. Awesome pick! Thanks!

http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Holidays-and-Party/party-096.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/Free-Holidays-and-Party-Smileys.html)

Snuffy
December 7th, 2009, 03:03
We can't forget these guys ...

M4j1paMC5SM

Pauke! Pauke!
December 7th, 2009, 10:16
I would classify myself as a secular person and not religious. That said, I do like history and to explore different cultures through the study of art and music. Christmas is celebrated on every continent in the world, even Antarctica. This is high summer down there and I know there are those that celebrate among the personnel at the research stations. In 1968, Christmas Eve was celebrated during an elliptical orbit from 194 to 70 miles above the lunar surface in Apollo 8. This is not to say that other religious beliefs and holidays are not global and have not or will not be observed in space. Wherever humans go, we will take our beliefs and culture. The world has become smaller since that first Christmas a couple thousand years ago, give or take a year or two. Even the scholars aren’t quite sure of the date or the year. Cultures and religions have become geographically diverse and exist in many areas now very far away from their centers of origin. The need for tolerance is greater today than it has ever been.
Christmas has been celebrated differently in many different cultures and denominations. The English Puritans that settled the Massachusetts Colony in the 1600’s kept Christmas in a very subdued manner. It was a day devoted to prayer and reflection and certainly not a time for merriment and indulgence. But, then with the Puritans when was it ever a time for such things. I have selected some music from the Eastern Orthodox, Chaldean and Syriac Churches that celebrate Christmas. Some are very ancient originating from Byzantine times. I found them beautiful and interesting, in some cases almost mesmerizing and meditative. Perhaps, you’ll fell the same.

2-SEqi_fz1A&feature

F02LQvX8cdA&feature

PkUnFVx8Zk4&feature

GAiG_iKMoek&feature

nHckQsqemQ8&feature

MvjiVam2HO4

Tako_Kichi
December 7th, 2009, 11:09
Other than that, BAH HUMBUG! Get it over with!!!!

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

I'm with you on this Piglet!

My wife calls me 'The Scrinch'....a cross between Scrooge and The Grinch.

Xmas....Bah Humbug!

I'd much rather celebrate something with some REAL meaning ...like December the 21/22...the Winter Solstice...at least I know the warmer weather is coming back once we pass that point.

Moses03
December 7th, 2009, 11:15

Scrinch....now that's funny. :icon_lol:

Pauke! Pauke!
December 7th, 2009, 11:42

I'm with you on this Piglet!

Xmas....Bah Humbug!

I'd much rather celebrate something with some REAL meaning ...like December the 21/22...the Winter Solstice...at least I know the warmer weather is coming back once we pass that point.

Yarrrrh! I too be wanting just a flagon of mead and the Yule Boar, no offense Piglet, roasting on a spit over the Yule Log and wishing for Spring and some relief from the pain of these chilblains. But alas no, we had to get all civilized and such. Next they'll be asking me to bathe and attend regular services at the kirk.

:ernae:

Cloud9Gal
December 7th, 2009, 16:25
Last Christmas, a special friend of mine shared this song with me, and to this day, each time I hear it, the "little girl" inside of me comes out!
I was going to post John Denver's rendition of "The Marvelous Toy", but decided to post the video of this little fella instead...Bless his little heart!
CZtQyIXrh08&feature=youtube_gdata

Cloud9Gal
December 7th, 2009, 16:36
Love this one! Enjoy!

http://www.flixxy.com/best-christmas-lights-display.htm

Snuffy
December 7th, 2009, 16:56
Love this one! Enjoy!

http://www.flixxy.com/best-christmas-lights-display.htm

Now you went and done it ...

V84STSWVp3g

jmig
December 7th, 2009, 18:06
Christmas to me is very special. I guess it would be, considering that I was born on Christmas. :) However, that is not the real reason I consider it special.

You see, Christmas is the only holiday that I know of that has the ability to change people for the better. There is something magical about the way people seem to become more charitable and loving. Only on Christmas will you see strangers go out of their way to be nice to others. They touch other strangers in a positive way. To me it is beautiful. The term "Christmas Spirit" is more than a cliche. It is a real sense of goodness and beauty that for a short while, brings out the best in us. I love the Season.

As for songs, so many beautiful, cute and funny songs has been linked. I love so many Christmas songs. However, if I had to pick one song that says, "Christmas" to me, it would be O Holy Night.

There are many, many wonderful talented singers who have done this song justice. One of the more contemporary singers who turns this song into angelic singing is this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQWXfHzOKUU

May you be caught up in the true Christmas Spirit this year.

Snuffy
December 7th, 2009, 18:18
9egKDz0by44

Snuffy
December 7th, 2009, 18:22
In3sApWlY1s

Cloud9Gal
December 7th, 2009, 18:46
Pauke! Pauke!~ Thank you for sharing your knowledge of Christmas Celebration history. I learned a thing or two. I enjoyed the Romanian Christmas Carol and the Byzantine Christmas carols. Last week, I was lucky to come across a Christmas program on PBS. The program was actually about how different countries celebrate Christmas. They mainly showed the major European countries, and I found it so interesting to see their decorations, the food they eat, the actual celebrations, etc. It really opens your eyes to all the different Christmas traditions out there.
Thank you once again for your postings! I truly enjoyed them!

Snuffy~ LOL! Love the Muppets! Great pick! In a previous post, I mentioned my purchase of Andrea Boccelli's first ever Christmas album, and wouldn't you know it, one of his songs is "Jingle Bells" with the Muppets. It's really cute! Thank you so much for posting Bob Seger's rendition of "Little Drummer Boy", I think of all versions out there, I prefer Seger's the best! Two thumbs up!

jmig~ I love Josh Groban! Excellent choice! For me,"O Holy Night" is a very emotional song. Thank you for your pick! In addition to that, you have written such an inspirational message! Thank you SO much for posting that! How true it is that Christmas is a time of love, joy and hope. A time to forgive and a time to share~ be with family and good friends! And I return you the same wish, may the Christmas Spirit fill your heart throughout this holiday season!~
http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Holidays-and-Party/party-094.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/Free-Holidays-and-Party-Smileys.html)

napacon
December 7th, 2009, 18:52
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fn9Jba6zyw

SIM-OUTHOUSE LOOKS GREAT!...."MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL".......Vin:icon_lol:

Cloud9Gal
December 8th, 2009, 17:13
From one of my favorite Canadian singers, Anne Murray's "Go tell it on the Mountain".

Enjoy!
LpuHkAEB4uc&feature=youtube_gdata

Chacha
December 8th, 2009, 18:22
From one of my favorite Canadian singers, Anne Murray's "Go tell it on the Mountain".

Enjoy!
LpuHkAEB4uc&feature=youtube_gdata

Go Tell It To The Mountain (Over the hills and everywhere that Jesus Christ is born) !!!! :applause:

I love it... Reminds me of my church when I was a little girl! :jump:

Thanks C9G! :engel016:

Navy Chief
December 8th, 2009, 18:27
Well, I am a little late giving my input, but here goes.

LCSims named one of my favorites, which is "Silent Night", by Mannheim Steamroller.

I get teary every time I hear their version of that song, as it reminds me of Christmas, growing up in Indianapolis. Both of my parents are gone now, and Mannheim Steamroller's "Stille Nacht" is so very beautiful, and brings back happy memories of how lucky I was to have had such wonderful parents.

EwlFOx12Nzs&feature=youtube_gdata

the other song that is special to me, is Amy Grant's "Tennessee Christmas". And yes, it gets me crying when I hear it too..... Oh, and this isn't the only Youtube video/audio of her song, but it is the best one (audio-wise) that I could find.....

QIhy3i7H2vA&feature=youtube_gdata

Pete (Navy Chief)

EasyEd
December 8th, 2009, 19:32
Hey All,

My all-time favorite Christmas song - bar none. Since I can't find the Patty Loveless version - yet - little Patty (I don't know her name) here will have to do. Christmas music is best when done bluegrass style! This is a bluegrass original.

G3692wLFetc

-Ed-

Navy Chief
December 8th, 2009, 20:16
I forgot about the Carpenters. Karen had such a wonderful voice:

5fV7eqG5HGc&feature=youtube_gdata

Ee0pNJwFous&feature=youtube_gdata

7pcxxGC74cI&feature=youtube_gdata

BQ6ixJI4Ops&feature=youtube_gdata

Human Drone
December 9th, 2009, 06:02
OP'd by jmig:

Christmas to me is very special. I guess it would be, considering that I was born on Christmas. :) However, that is not the real reason I consider it special.

You see, Christmas is the only holiday that I know of that has the ability to change people for the better. There is something magical about the way people seem to become more charitable and loving. Only on Christmas will you see strangers go out of their way to be nice to others. They touch other strangers in a positive way. To me it is beautiful. The term "Christmas Spirit" is more than a cliche. It is a real sense of goodness and beauty that for a short while, brings out the best in us. I love the Season.

<snip>

May you be caught up in the true Christmas Spirit this year.

First, Happy Birthday, when it gets here! Second, I completely agree with your post. It reminds me of Fred's reply to his Uncle Scrooge in A Christmas Carol. Third, if you want another good version (IMHO) of O Holy Night, try to find Steve Green's version where he segued from "Birthday of a King" to "O Holy Night" and back to the final chorus of "Birthday of a King". If that doesn't roll your socks up and down, nothing will. It's on a CD called "Joy to the World", but the mp3 is 5 MB and I don't know how to include it here, and I can't find it on YouTube.

I echo your thoughts too that I love so, so many Christmas songs and can sing many, many of them - usually all the verses - from heart. Many of them are linked here. But I haven't seen this one yet:
kPbV_HTpyx0

Nor this one:
ogWRU29J78I

And I could keep going for a long, long, LOOOOOONG Post. I love & treasure the classic carols, but these are two of the newer songs that I think are very thoughtful and will endure.

Merry Christmas, everyone, and thanks for all the beautiful posts!

Tom
</snip>

djscoo
December 9th, 2009, 08:58
I wish we had something like this in my elementary school...:applause:
II-wbuG6F6E&feature=youtube_gdata

Human Drone
December 9th, 2009, 09:43
We did when I was a kid - and we didn't need to change the lyrics, either! Now that's all, I don't want to start a flamewar about it, and detract form this lovely thread. The music is still beautiful and the kids, bless'em, are really talented beyond their years, and I thank you for posting it.

But I learned so many sacred selections as a member of my public school chorus in the 70's... and our director was a woman of faith, strength and dignity whose example has affected me (undoubtedly not enough) to this day.

Here's a pretty, but fairly simple song from Joseph's standpoint:

BARVAg0gl6w

Merry Christmas!

Cloud9Gal
December 11th, 2009, 17:42
Chacha~ Awww! That put a smile on my face! I'm glad my pick brought back happy childhood memories.

Navy Chief~ It's NEVER too late- I'm so glad you posted. This was my first time hearing Mannheim Steamroller's version of "Silent Night" and I LOVE it. Awesome pick! And of course, the Carpenters are one of my all time favorites!

EasyEd~ I very much enjoyed listening to that little girl sing and play her violin! Bless her little heart! How precious is that! Children do make Christmas THAT much more special!

Human Drone~ I enjoyed "Breath of Heaven"- first time I've ever even heard of that song. I also appreciated your message- very endearing! I echo your thoughts around jmig's post as well!

djscoo~ OK, WOW! Now THAT gave me goosebumps all over! Very very touching! I so appreciate you posting this one!

http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Holidays-and-Party/santa-106.gif (http://freesmileyface.net)

Cloud9Gal
December 11th, 2009, 17:51
Here a couple of new discoveries for me, I hope you enjoy!

David Archuleta's Angel we have heard on high

0-jFr5ror2A&feature=youtube_gdata

Tori Amos' rendition of Star of Wonder

rkv8cDPjS5g&feature=youtube_gdata

Snuffy
December 12th, 2009, 19:23
yXQViqx6GMY

:wavey:

Snuffy
December 12th, 2009, 19:30
pn10FF-FQfs

YBPcoI4OE9Y

Snuffy
December 12th, 2009, 19:34
Here's an unlikely duet ...

3KK6sMo8NBY

Snuffy
December 12th, 2009, 19:51
bgxz1KHKlxw

jBrL25fKnzM

cheezyflier
December 13th, 2009, 06:01
4t7FjpkDklI

kilo delta
December 13th, 2009, 14:11
Another song I like with a Christmas feel

J7ErrZ-ipoE

PRB
December 13th, 2009, 15:29
<meta http-equiv="CONTENT-TYPE" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><title></title><meta name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 3.1 (Win32)"><style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } A:link { so-language: zxx } --> </style> Listen to this (http://www.prbsystems.com/Julie/Pleaseletmein.mp3) song. It's not a Christmas song (or is it?), but for some reason I always find myself listening to it around Christmas season. The woman who wrote, composed, sings (all three voices), and plays guitar for this song is my little sister. She passed away at the way too young age of 33 years in 1997. I can't get through a Christmas season without listening to it, and shedding a tear (or 10)...

Chacha
December 13th, 2009, 15:40
<META content="OpenOffice.org 3.1 (Win32)" name=GENERATOR><STYLE type=text/css> <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } A:link { so-language: zxx } --> </STYLE> Listen to this (http://www.prbsystems.com/Julie/Pleaseletmein.mp3) song. It's not a Christmas song (or is it?), but for some reason I always find myself listening to it around Christmas season. The woman who wrote, composed, sings (all three voices), and plays guitar for this song is my little sister. She passed away at the way too young age of 33 years in 1997. I can't get through a Christmas season without listening to it, and shedding a tear (or 10)...

:engel016:
... hey little sister, your song is awesome! :applause:

Good voice she has, Paul.... great accompaniment, good composition too... great song! :applause:

:engel016: :engel016:

brad kaste
December 14th, 2009, 05:15
sgGxfh0uYMU

Human Drone
December 14th, 2009, 12:57
<style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } A:link { so-language: zxx } --> </style> Listen to this (http://www.prbsystems.com/Julie/Pleaseletmein.mp3) song. It's not a Christmas song (or is it?), but for some reason I always find myself listening to it around Christmas season. The woman who wrote, composed, sings (all three voices), and plays guitar for this song is my little sister. She passed away at the way too young age of 33 years in 1997. I can't get through a Christmas season without listening to it, and shedding a tear (or 10)...

Paul, what a blessing that was! Thank you.

jmig
December 14th, 2009, 14:15
<style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } A:link { so-language: zxx } --> </style> Listen to this (http://www.prbsystems.com/Julie/Pleaseletmein.mp3) song. It's not a Christmas song (or is it?), but for some reason I always find myself listening to it around Christmas season. The woman who wrote, composed, sings (all three voices), and plays guitar for this song is my little sister. She passed away at the way too young age of 33 years in 1997. I can't get through a Christmas season without listening to it, and shedding a tear (or 10)...

That was really nice. She reminded me of Joan Baez. It is always a shame when we lose someone so close, so young. You still have part of her, in sound and in your heart.

Snuffy
December 16th, 2009, 14:26
Rw1pJwqGA8g

Cloud9Gal
December 17th, 2009, 16:27
Snuffy~ Thank you so much for reviving the thread! I meant to post this last night, but did not have a chance. With that said, I have always enjoyed Charlie Brown, especially around Christmas time. The "Christmas Dance" is my absolute favorite! You can't help but want to dance and be in a cheerful mood! Good Stuff! Thanks for posting!

Cheezyflier~ I never thought I would say this but, I actually enjoyed Pastor Brad's music. I would not listen to it every day, but it was a nice change! Thank you for making me discover new talent. Much appreciated!

kilo delta~ Paul McCartney's Pipes of Peace, I love it! It was my first time hearing it as well. Loved the video. Thank you for your pick.

PRB~ I was deeply touched by your sister Julie's voice. The song was very endearing, the lyrics powerful. A beautiful soul that left too soon, but who is now singing with Heaven's Angels. Thank you for honoring all of us by sharing such a personal song.

brad kaste~ LOL@ the video! I love it and I also love the Drifter's version of White Christmas. Now, if only it would snow in Pittsburgh, PA, we would have a White Christmas....
http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Nature/snow.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/Free-Nature-Smileys.html)

To All: Thank you for making this thread so special by posting your favorite Christmas & Holiday songs.

http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Holidays-and-Party/party-071.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/Free-Holidays-and-Party-Smileys.html)

cheezyflier
December 20th, 2009, 11:28
i saved the best for last, and it ain't even metal!!!

Doh9L8KLZJ8

Xm6sjysJIg4

Pauke! Pauke!
December 24th, 2009, 10:27
:santahat::santahat::santahat: WARNING! CHRISTMAS EVE LURKER ATTACK! :santahat::santahat::santahat:

I could not resist posting this one. A very young Pauke! Pauke! spent a couple Christmas Eves as a student with other student friends. There was wine drinking and guitar playing and perhaps some off key singing. We didn’t care and after some more wine drinking and perhaps a little inhalation of those special Yuletide herbs that "that dude" on campus, who always wore dark sunglasses rain or shine, day or night, sold you from out of the back of his van, we all seemed to sound pretty good. This artist was popular and you could learn a few cords and sing it easy enough. Who knows? It could just be the edge you needed to "get lucky" with that special someone that you had worshiped all quarter in your English Lit. class but had struck out at all prior times at bat. But, then that's a different tale all together.

R1uIFs-pNdc&feature

stiz
December 24th, 2009, 10:41
cant belive no ones posted this one yet ... you lot have no taste!! :173go1: :icon_lol:

ZoxQ4Ul_DME

cheezyflier
December 24th, 2009, 11:38
:santahat::santahat::santahat: WARNING! CHRISTMAS EVE LURKER ATTACK! :santahat::santahat::santahat:

dude! you totally rock just for the scrolling marquee :applause::icon_lol:

EasyEd
December 24th, 2009, 11:45
Hey All,

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R1uIFs-pNdc&feature.swf" quality="high" wmode="transparent" name="youtube" allowscriptaccess="sameDomain" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Not just the scrolling marquee but he rocks for John Prine as well! :medals::ernae::medals:

Panther_99FS
December 24th, 2009, 13:25
There's not much new that I like (unless it's done by a jazz artist(s)).....So give me the old classics! :santahat::snowman:

Pauke! Pauke!
December 24th, 2009, 21:46
:snowman::snowman::snowman: ATTENTION! THIS THREAD WILL BECOME IRRELEVANT ON 26TH OF DECEMBER! :snowman::snowman::snowman:

This is not really a Christmas Song but it does mention an angel. It was written and performed by John Prine but I really like the way Susan Tedeschi covers it.

ZlcP3FOTM0U

Lionheart
December 24th, 2009, 21:53
Chris Tomlin and group have a new album (CD?) out called 'Glory in the Highest'. Available at iTunes.

Some great Christmas music if you like Chris Tomlin.

Pauke! Pauke!
December 31st, 2009, 16:25
AH HA HA HA HA! Lurker bump :bump: