PDA

View Full Version : Britton Norman Islander

doublecool
December 3rd, 2009, 17:27
I was at the Ft Lauderdale airport Weds this week and saw two Islanders take off one after the other, based on direction headed for the Bahamas. I was right under the second one, what a wonderful looking aircraft and the engines sounded strong and loud...what a nice twin :ernae: then a twin otter amphibian landed in the same runway but with the wind...but I have to say she still was nice and slow at touchdown another beauty of a Plane design

Some times your in the right place at the right time :jump:

Kiwikat
December 3rd, 2009, 17:59
Beauty of a plane design? It looks like a cereal box (and flies like one too). :173go1:

Lionheart
December 3rd, 2009, 18:16
I think it looks pretty cool also.

Funny.. I dont see a cereal box in it.. lol.. Were you hungry at the time KK?

:wiggle:

Kiwikat
December 3rd, 2009, 18:23
I think it looks pretty cool also.

Funny.. I dont see a cereal box in it.. lol.. Were you hungry at the time KK?

:wiggle:

It's squarer than a cereal box. After beta testing it for months it doesn't interest me a whole lot anymore... :mixedsmi:

Tracon
December 4th, 2009, 02:14
Squarer?

wantok
December 4th, 2009, 03:15
Perhaps oblong? Great stol machine, and yes I like its engine sounds. Who's developing this, kiwikat?

CBris
December 4th, 2009, 03:49
It's a lovely plane to jump out of! I was always happy to wear a parachute when riding in one.

So... when?

d0mokun
December 4th, 2009, 05:08
Who- AlphaSim/ Flight1
When- Sometime, don't bring me into it, pretty please. Plenty of threads on it!
Squarer- see the Oxford Dictionary ;) Pretty sure that's what Kiwi would've meant.

Square
DERIVATIVES squareness noun squarer noun squarish adjective.
• adjective 1 having the shape of a square

EDIT - I must say, I am of the opinion that the BN2 is a very interesting aeroplane. Certainly not a 'box' in the air. When I was doing the photo call at AKL, the pilot told me it could (and has been apparently) be rolled on a single engine, with a light load.

It certainly makes a superb noise though imo.

IanP
December 4th, 2009, 06:42
If you want an aircraft that looked like someone forgot to take it out of the shipping crate, it has to be that Norn Iron classic range, Shorts 330/360/Sherpa.

I certainly wouldn't have described the BNI is a flying box, but that's just me. ;)