PDA

View Full Version : PHP2 in progress

crashaz
December 3rd, 2009, 16:46
So you all will finally have an opportunity to see most of the stuff we have been working on.

Things like GSL Library object complete with buildings that show damage.
P-36 and P-40 aircraft library that can be destroyed.

Battleship Row ships that are multi-LOD and have damage models.

All the bases will be in there... not enough time to get all the ships in.

Missions will have to be made up... what PHP2 becomes after release is up to you guys.

Right now I want to get out what we have and let you guys play around with it. See what kind of ideas it kicks up.

Going to be doing install testing on Saturday and shooting for Sunday-Monday release.

More news forthcoming... feel free to ask any questions that come to mind.
:wavey:

Bill Kestell
December 3rd, 2009, 17:42
OH NO ... I JUST WET MYSELF!:jump:

Rami
December 3rd, 2009, 18:05
I can't wait to test this over the weekend. :wiggle:

miamieagle
December 3rd, 2009, 18:21
Thank you very much!:icon29:

Jagdflieger
December 3rd, 2009, 19:45
Ach! And me stuck here without a computer to sim on. Life just isn't fair!!!!

Thanks for the effort on this one Crash.

voyager
December 3rd, 2009, 19:46
Can we use the s--n word now?

crashaz
December 3rd, 2009, 20:49
I think it is safe to say.... soon.:icon_lol:

msfossey
December 3rd, 2009, 20:52
I would just like to say thanks to all those who have worked on this project. I'm looking forward to it's release.

Thankyou kindly,
msfossey

erufle
December 3rd, 2009, 22:52
Holy frioles inspector, what a development! :medals::icon29:

Ravenna
December 3rd, 2009, 23:43
It must be Christmas! Thanks Crash.:ernae:

kelticheart
December 4th, 2009, 00:42
My Goodness.... after all these years waiting for one of the primary Pacific WWII scenarios that's truly missing from CFS2....:USA-flag::greenbo:

I am about to cry with joy.....:icon_lol:

Thank you Crashaz and all of the PHP2 team: this is a TRUE :santahat: present!

Cheers!
:snowman: KH :ernae:

wolfi
December 4th, 2009, 01:20
OH man, that's what I'm waiting for! :applause:

It's one of the important place's of the pacific theater.

The B24 Guy
December 4th, 2009, 07:47
Great news. Thanks for all you guy's hard work.:ernae:

Regards,
B24Guy

CrisGer
December 4th, 2009, 08:00
Thank you Crash. I hope you will include the ships..so we can place em :) thanks so much for that work to all involved. Means a lot.

http://okieonthelam.com/images/pearlHarbor550.jpg

http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/images/h50000/h50472.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/56/Pearl_harbor_aftermath.jpg

PSULLYKEYS
December 4th, 2009, 08:22
Super Crash!!! Thanks!!:guinness::icon29:

Skipsan
December 4th, 2009, 08:39
Outstanding! Thank you for all your time that everyone put in:applause::applause::applause: It has been along up hill struggle thanks again:applause::applause::applause:

Skipsan :kilroy:

scruff
December 4th, 2009, 10:20
hurrah,at last.well done to all the good folks involved.

Wulf190
December 4th, 2009, 10:25
Hold smokes! It'll finally be out?! WAHOO!

JP127
December 4th, 2009, 12:15
Hi everyone,

In the process of bundleing up 92 buildings for Crashaz to email to him tonight for the library bgl's. I think you guys are really going to like PHP2. It's been a great project to be involved in. All the buildings are designed from photos. The Wheeler hangars even have animated doors.

Jeff

Talon
December 4th, 2009, 12:32
Sounds good Jeff,but it's just more for me to blowup.:icon_lol:

Talon

Ghostrider
December 4th, 2009, 12:44
Awesome, Crash! Thank you!

sc7500
December 4th, 2009, 12:56
...Sounds good Jeff,but it's just more for me to blowup...

Renewable Electrons, T !

SC
:kilroy:

rohan
December 5th, 2009, 02:00
Crashaz,
at the risk of sounding as if I'm being awkward, has this package been tested with the default mesh and / or Rhumbaflappy's recently published superior mesh ?
thanks in advance,
Ro
:ernae:

CrisGer
December 5th, 2009, 09:18
that is good about the doors for the hangars, my co pilots wont have to keep getting out to open them lol :) and the figher jocks will prob try to fly thru them.

http://www.antiqueairfield.com/flyins/2008/mantz_hangar.jpg

crashaz
December 5th, 2009, 11:52
Default mesh is no issue... and we are testing Rhumba's mesh.

Rami
December 5th, 2009, 15:18
I've spent the evening testing Pearl...it's really coming together. Wow! :ernae:

scruff
December 6th, 2009, 05:02
wow,just got the plane packages.they are sweeet.thank you

CrisGer
December 6th, 2009, 11:49
So let us know when we can "build" looking forward to it:) So far things are quiet and peaceful in Pearl, looks like a normal sunday, morning revlie and Captains Review on board ships across the bay, sun awnings rigged fore and aft on many of the BBs, golf as usual on the course and the planes are all lines up on the airfields as per instructions from high command. Still wonder about that, but they are the brass in charge. Looks like a sunny December weekend here and music as usual on the radio.

crashaz
December 6th, 2009, 20:55
:wavey: CrisGer.... check your PMs!

Ghostrider
December 7th, 2009, 12:22
Hey it's Christmas in.... December.. Go figure! Really looking forward to this, Crash & Company!

crashaz
December 7th, 2009, 14:46
Could not access the site earlier. Was it down?

Bill Kestell
December 7th, 2009, 16:56
Not sure ... got some wierd-a@@ message across the top ... I remember words like "home", "worm" ... came back about 15 mins later and A-OK!

Gremlins:pop4:

Rami
December 8th, 2009, 02:16
Just a progress report....Crashaz requested that I overfly Pearl last night...there are some missing textures (hangars at Wheeler, and some harbor buildings near Hickam) but she's looking lovely.

He's also working diligently on the ships for Pearl, they'll all be multi-lod, and missions are being built. The delay is not a tease, it's being done so that a better project can be put together. Hang tight, you'll be seeing battleship row before ya know it! :ernae:

Strafing_run
December 8th, 2009, 02:47
Looking forward to this being good to go! Pearl Harbor was a turning point in history (and not too bad a movie :icon_lol:) so flying it will be awesome. Kudos to all those involved :ernae:

Bill Kestell
December 8th, 2009, 07:22
Rami (and the PHP2 crew) ... it's been a looooong time in coming (said without complaint, by the way) and in my opinion, well worth the wait. Taking that little bit of extra time to get it just right is the way to go. Kinda' like when the Christmas tree goes up a couple weeks before the 24th/25th ... there may not be any presents under it yet ... but knowing what's coming builds the anticipation and makes it all the sweeter. To the PHP2 crew ... I can't think of a better present.

magruder
December 9th, 2009, 12:37
Thanks for all the hard work.Magruder

Typhoon Willy
December 9th, 2009, 14:39
Any chance of some screen shots?

leroy10
December 9th, 2009, 14:48
yes please, some screenies would be great. I misplaced my CFS2 disk about a year ago so I won't get to see what the finished PHP looks like. I can't remember what my P-40 looks like either so some screenies of that would be awesome.

Cheers :ernae:
Lindsay

crashaz
December 9th, 2009, 16:14
Guys I suffered an eye injury... hurts to look at the screen tonight. Will get back on this tommorrow.
Owwww:isadizzy:

leroy10
December 9th, 2009, 16:22
Ouch!
Hocas pocas! hope it doesn’t pocas in the eye.

Hope it's not serious Crash? You don't want take any chances with the ol' peepers.

Lindsay

crashaz
December 10th, 2009, 10:49
I pulled an electrical cord out of the socket while under the desk and talking to my brother. When it came out... the plug popped me right in my left eye. No pain today and the puss is gone.

I can see out of it today... a little blurry but I think I will live.

Some of you out there have been watching me on Skype and GotoMeeting while working on finalizing the ships... so there is work being done and it will get out this week. I am pulling the Battleship Row ships out of the GSL so I can get the buildings released... just need to finish the following:

1. Find a few more textures I have in my CFS2 but not part of the install for Hickam,Wheeler and Navy Yard.

2. Re-add missing Ford Island Water Tower to the library

After that I will finalize the ship LODs and get them out. Battleship Row ships at first..

California
Neosho
Oklahoma
Maryland
West Virginia
Tennessee
Arizona
Vestal
Nevada

Other ships such as cruisers at the Navy Yard and Oglala, Drydock and north of Ford Island will come later.

Bill Kestell
December 10th, 2009, 11:40
I' m glad your OK ... but ... you and I both know: THAT IS NOT THE CORRECT WAY TO REMOVE A PLUG FROM A SOCKET ... IS IT?

OK OK OK ... I won't get preachy ... (kinda' of a do as I say ...) been there ... done that ... won't do it that way again!:173go1:

Rami
December 10th, 2009, 12:31
Typhoon, Leroy10 and others,

I can oblige y'all with some screenies...

In these pics you can see the effort...but note the missing textures at the moment. I'm not sure about the whole double coastline thing around Haleiwa.

I'm not sure which airbase has the charcoal runway, it's listed as "untitled scenery."

Typhoon Willy
December 10th, 2009, 12:38
Thanks Rami! Boy, that scenery is sooooo kick a$$!

Rami
December 10th, 2009, 12:47
And now for the "money shots." :d I'm not sure about what those push-buttons or nipples are around Ford Island, I gotta ask Crashaz about that one.

JP127
December 10th, 2009, 13:03
Rami, the charcoal runway area is Bellows.

Jeff

Bill Kestell
December 10th, 2009, 13:20
Can you tell me what I should use to get my water to look like yours?

Thanks ... looooooking gooooood!!!:applause:

Rami
December 10th, 2009, 13:24
Bill,

If you download Jean Bomber's Truk scenery package, he has several different water versions to simulate shallows and coral reefs. This was the one which appealed most to me.

scruff
December 10th, 2009, 13:43
holy s*%t,that looks amazing.will the fps be ok?

Ghostrider
December 10th, 2009, 14:51
Sweeeet - the Pali mountains and pass are immediately recognizable in the shot looking south from Kaneohe. (Born in Honolulu) Beautiful stuff!!!

crashaz
December 10th, 2009, 15:24
holy s*%t,that looks amazing.will the fps be ok?

What kinda of specs on your machine?

We are seeing mid 20s over Pearl. Older machines... (3 years or older) I would guess to be at least mid-teens. Of course once released we can all decide on how to tweek the GSL to remove a number of buildings to tweak to acceptable levels.

The multi-res objects really help and the details don't jump popup once you get to close... for example... on far away objects we tend to detail with textures and not the actual hangar doors.

leroy10
December 10th, 2009, 19:19
Hi All,

Wow! that sure does look awesome, its certainly come along way since I last saw PHP.

Thanks heaps for posting the screenies Rami :salute:.

Lindsay

bobhegf
December 10th, 2009, 20:20
One thing everyone forget is the wrecked burning aircraft.

Smashing Time
December 10th, 2009, 21:10
outside of some maping & ships how is PHP2 new and different from PHP1 ?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/SmashingBomb/PHP1.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/SmashingBomb/PHP12.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/SmashingBomb/PHP2.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/SmashingBomb/PHP3.jpg

Jaxon
December 11th, 2009, 00:01
ST, PHP1 is FS2000 style static scenery pressed into CFS2.

Each building is just a macro for the visual effect.

Now the scenery is not just better mapped - it is blended into the scenery layers just the way it is inteded in CFS2.

Further all buildings are built as own libary objects this time.
Togethe withe the ships, they are optimized for multiple appearance in the sim. In PHP1 this resultet more or less in a slightshow.

Now the performance should be much better.

Smashing Time
December 11th, 2009, 05:45
Thx Jaxon. :salute:

crashaz
December 11th, 2009, 07:44
WoW!! Been a looooooong time since I have seen PHP1... kinda nostalgic! Thanks ST!!

Wow.... yeah I used polygons for the shape of the shoreline... and for the water body there in Southeast Loch. Framerate killers! I think I was seeing 8fps tops. Plus land polys were water and water polys were land.

After PHP1 came out I started talking to other scenery designers. Rhumba,Martin Wright and Maskrider were the keys to showing us the way to make PHP better.

Going to post some pics of the ships.

crashaz
December 11th, 2009, 07:54
As promised... these are the LOD 100 models.:wavey:
In order:
Arizona, Pennsylvania
California, Tennessee
Nevada,Oklahoma
Repair ship Vestal (moored next to Arizona during attack)
West Virginia, Maryland

Talon
December 11th, 2009, 08:21
One thing everyone forget is the wrecked burning aircraft.

Bob could it be that Pearl is setup for before the Attack?Maybe after it's attacked the planes will be wrecked and burning,But I don't know.

Talon

crashaz
December 11th, 2009, 08:49
Well back to work... on what pays the bills around here. I will be working on PHP tonight.

crashaz
December 11th, 2009, 08:50
Well back to work... have to pay the bills around here.

Will work on PHP tonight.
:wiggle:

Bill Kestell
December 11th, 2009, 08:57
:ernae:W-O-W ... now those ships are JUST FAN-TAS-TIC! Truly beautiful pieces of work!

sc7500
December 11th, 2009, 12:30
..Bob could it be that Pearl is setup for before the Attack? Maybe after it's attacked the planes will be wrecked and burning, But I don't know...

Just my 2 centavos, Talon... I be postulating that Bob was thinking about the frame rate impact AFTER the damage occurs.

All the buildings, ships, and planes smoking and burning [not to mention the ack ack tracers and such] COULD have a significant effect on scene animation.... but then, that's a premature guess.

I'm betting that the PHP2 builders anticipated this effect, and worked out a compromise...

We'll just have to wait and see !
SC

Talon
December 11th, 2009, 15:05
Here's a pic of the action with the FPS.This is before the newer buildings and ships which should be more frame friendly.The lowest FPS I have gotten is 25 with most ships burning and smoking.I have a mid range computer.

Talon

dombral
December 15th, 2009, 05:10
Here's a pic of the action with the FPS.This is before the newer buildings and ships which should be more frame friendly.The lowest FPS I have gotten is 25 with most ships burning and smoking.I have a mid range computer.

Talon

PHB etat actuel

Bill Kestell
December 15th, 2009, 07:19
I said it before ... I'll say it again ... W-O-W!:ernae:

CrisGer
December 15th, 2009, 07:46
holy moley!

wolfi
December 15th, 2009, 10:41
Ahh that's one of the best scenery's for CFS2 ever made. :medals:

wolfi

mariereid
December 15th, 2009, 13:32
Boy, I was a little worried that you guys were forgeting about the PTO. This year has been good for us. That is some dang, fine looking work!:ernae:

scruff
December 15th, 2009, 14:16
ok.now im salvating in anticipation.

Talon
December 15th, 2009, 16:29
Here's afew more pics from PHP2 missions.BTW that's an AI Kate dropping the torpedo.And there are some shots of the attack on Wheeler.1 shot of attack on Hickam

Talon

mariereid
December 16th, 2009, 05:13
This is like sneaking a look at your Christmas present, when you were a kid. Please stop teasing us! Well, maybe a few more peeks.:applause:

safn1949
December 16th, 2009, 08:19
Looks fantastic,thanks to all involved.:USA-flag:

oldwheat
December 16th, 2009, 08:29
This is like sneaking a look at your Christmas present, when you were a kid. Please stop teasing us! Well, maybe a few more peeks.:applause:

Does this mean that we will see it by Christmas :icon_twi:!!

mariereid
December 16th, 2009, 09:37
That would be nice! Anyway, I think the wait will be worth it. It really looks like something special!:ernae:

Rockster234
December 16th, 2009, 10:56
Maybe a little inspiration from the bing...ster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecnehcLIVeI

Rami
December 16th, 2009, 11:13
Rockster,

I can't hear that song without thinking about Christmas Vacation. :d

crashaz
December 16th, 2009, 20:39
Ok had to go on a work binge... keeping things floating around here besides the ships. Working tommorrow and then will get back to this.

Will be in touch tommorrow Jeff.

Ghostrider
December 17th, 2009, 05:15
Mele Kalikimaka indeed! (drool, drool)

kelticheart
December 17th, 2009, 06:51
......I'm not sure about what those push-buttons or nipples are around Ford Island......

Did you find out, Rami?

If not I can humbly suggets that they are the concrete posts used as moorings by the big ships around Ford Island. Two per each ship, bow and stern.

If you look closely, they match the ships "parking spots" around the island.

Awesome, I wonder how big will the download files be......

Cheers!
:snowman: KH :ernae:

Rockster234
December 17th, 2009, 07:31
I think Rami is looking at the Fuel Oil Tanks with round containment dikes or earthern/or coral/concrete berms.

If a an oil tank ruptures (especially during a fire) the fuel oil would be contained within the dike or dam around the perimeter.

Oil would spill for acres ....and into the harbor, into other oil tanks, among the ships and sailors (uncontrolled) on fire like a river of hell if it were not contained ...........nasty business. The volume of the dam around the tank is equal or greater than the enclosed tank to hold the spilled contents.

See third or bottom black and white archive photo of ChrisGer for what I think Rami is seeing. I believe that is a ship fueling station....

Sadly, the ship in photo is bleeding fuel oil and fire on the water was a horrible result of the bombing.

CrisGer
December 17th, 2009, 08:45
those pics i posted give good detail of all the installations of the harbour, they are from the US Naval Archives, and some are from official IJN archives siezed after the war in Japan.

And yes those round white items around Ford are the permenant mooriing pylons that were installed for the capital ships to tie up to, they did it often in pairs, just as the little guys (cans and Light Cruisers and subs) often moored in nests when in harbour, sometimes linked to the mother ship or tender. Made for easeir ship control for the Harbormasters, resupply shore boat traffic, mail delivery, ....... but sadly also made for much better targets for the IJN. And at Tarento.

crashaz
December 19th, 2009, 20:29
Ok we took care of some missing textures in our install... had a few missing. Also added some more buildings to Ford Island and some more trees sprinkled around.

Did some preliminary load testing... one of Talon's test missions with a ton of planes and the full GSL installed.

Still have to finish up the large crane near the drydocks and add 2 more buildings to Ford. The finish the LODs on the ship models... none of which were used in these shots. Going to redo the fuel tanks (nipples as Rami refers to)... they are a bit too large in scale.

Just keep in mind that this pic was taken at full detail settings... all the scenery... effects and 50 + planes in the area. Oh and I had about 7 other misc programs open and hosting a GoToMeeting session while chatting on Skype with 4 other people.

crashaz
December 19th, 2009, 21:06
Also would recommend downloading Wolfi's trees... Umm library packages 6 and 7.

crashaz
December 23rd, 2009, 15:03
^%#^%&*$ XForm!

Got it figured out.

Jagdflieger
December 23rd, 2009, 18:07
Perseverance with a capital "P"!

CrisGer
December 24th, 2009, 09:59
looking great, good to hear about those textures...

it will be really very good to have such an excellent Pearl Harbour, as the sim was launched with a focus on the Pacific and Pearl was central to things, it will really help give an immersion to it all.

are you going to put in the nests of DD's and some of the other ships that were anchored in the harbor? we can do that too, but i just wondered.

Talon
December 24th, 2009, 10:05
Crashaz will be using the ship layout files I made for my missions so not only BB Row will be in it.My layout files have the DD's,Cruisers and Merchant ships.

Talon

CrisGer
December 24th, 2009, 19:02
wowsers Talon a Admiral's dream :) thanks so much guys, and for your hard work on the missions Talon really appreciated. :):medals:

crashaz
December 29th, 2009, 15:48
More tweaks.
Finalized the repair shop at the Navy Yard, added the Hawaiian Air Depot, all cranes now in the yard.

Need to alpha the crane texture and then readd the annoying fordwatertower to correct the library error. Simple recompile and then add to the library.

crashaz
December 29th, 2009, 15:56
Aviation fuel tanks resized... 4 more buildings added to Ford Island and finalized the Seaplane Hangar @ end of Ford Island... lot of details and LODs in that one.

Nevada-Oklahoma completed.'
Arizona-Pennsylvania - LODs need to be finished.
Tennesee- California completed.
West Virginia - Maryland LODs need to be finished also dmg models.
Vestal, Neosho needs LODs

p14u2nv
December 30th, 2009, 08:51
I sure can't wait to see this scenery Crashaz...thank you for sharing all this hard work with all of us.

Jagdflieger
December 31st, 2009, 08:51
Thanks for the Herculean efforts on this Crash!

crashaz
December 31st, 2009, 18:58
Argh! have a fever and shivers.. as soon as it breaks I will finalize the scenery piece.

Jagdflieger
December 31st, 2009, 20:51
Get better soon. The Pearl can wait.

I suggest a hot tea with rum and honey.

mariereid
January 1st, 2010, 02:08
I think you deserve a little rest.:salute:

CrisGer
January 1st, 2010, 09:47
ys Crash, rest and recover. Your health is much more important, get well soon and heal.

crashaz
January 1st, 2010, 19:28
First time I jumped on the computer... could not fight it anymore. :icon_lol:

Will work with Jeff tommorrow to finalize scenery without ships for release.

CrisGer
January 1st, 2010, 21:26
dont push too hard or we will put you back in Sick Bay :)

you are approved for limited duty topside.

Carry on :)

crashaz
January 2nd, 2010, 13:05
I need one volunteer... someone who has not worked with the team in the past and has no previous PHP2 installs. Also they would have to get online via Skype and GotoMeeting so I can see realtime any issues we may run into.

This is final install testing of PHP2 scenery minus the ships.

crashaz
January 2nd, 2010, 13:56
Bueller? :icon_lol:

CrisGer
January 3rd, 2010, 08:58
Did you find someone Crash?

oldwheat
January 3rd, 2010, 09:56
I'll volunteer if you haven't. I had the first version way back when but have done a complete reinstall on a new PC since then.

crashaz
January 3rd, 2010, 11:22
Ok let me get some things together. Send me a PM how to contact ya OW!:wavey:

crashaz
January 3rd, 2010, 17:18
Ok lets do this.

I have the scenery install ready to test. Those that have Skype, jump on

Monday 6-7 PM CST and look for crashtx

we will get those on conferenced in.

CrisGer
January 3rd, 2010, 18:41
Aye Aye! :salute:

is that you in a location that begins with F and ends in O?

crashaz
January 3rd, 2010, 19:08
Aye Aye! :salute:

is that you in a location that begins with F and ends in O?

Yessir... that be me! :salute:

CrisGer
January 3rd, 2010, 20:32
ok will check in tomorrow night for the testing :)

crashaz
January 3rd, 2010, 20:41
Sounds good buddy! :wavey:

whitehawk_2009
January 4th, 2010, 06:44
I'd love to help, but I'm waiting on a replacement drive from newegg. They sent me a defective one for my new rig.:angryfir:

WH

crashaz
January 4th, 2010, 07:40
Not a problem... anyone can join in the conference this evening if they have Skype and if they want I can start up a GoToMeeting session as well where people can view my screen.

They can see how to install or maybe want to see some behind the scenes how we do things. Also get a preview of the ships that will be a following install.

crashaz
January 4th, 2010, 15:22
Just an FYI I am on Skype right now with CrisGer and Talon!:wavey:

crashaz
January 4th, 2010, 20:15
Big thanks to everyone participating tonight! Some minor changes but all test installs successful with no missing items.

Shooting for tommorrow release.

Captain Tenneal
January 4th, 2010, 21:12
one word.............DUDE!

Skipsan
January 6th, 2010, 12:45
Does anyone have an updated Mission of "tourer the harbor" my mission builder is out as is my free flight/quick combat side of cfs2
:bump::bump:
Skipsan :kilroy: