PDA

View Full Version : My wife....what a gal!

OBIO
December 3rd, 2009, 13:09
Today, my wife, Debra Jean, with her big blue eyes full of sparkle...even the one that is wonky following last year's brain surgery....asked me if I could walk a couple of Christmas cards up to the mail box before the mail ran. Sure, I could do that for her.

One Christmas card was addressed to her nephew...the other to the ACLU. Yes, the American Civil Liberties Union. I asked her why she was sending a Christmas card to the ACLU. She said that since the ACLU has been working so hard to remove Christmas from government and stores, she thought that she would send them a card to let them know that there are still Americans who refuse to celebrate the "holidays", who refuse to have a "holiday" tree, who refuse to say "Happy Holidays" to people...that there are still Americans who celebrate Christmas, who have Christmas trees, who say "Merry Christmas" to people in stores and on the street. In fact, my wife is pretty sure that the number of people who still celebrate Christmas, who have Christmas trees, who bake Christmas cookies, who mail Christmas cards...far out weights the number of people who have Holiday trees, who mail out Holiday cards, who bake Holiday cookies.

My wife...what a gal!

OBIO

SabreAce
December 3rd, 2009, 13:16
And may I just say - your wife is right as far as I'm concerned., and from all that I've read of her during my time here at the Outhouse, sounds like an incredible woman (with an incredible and supportive husband to boot).

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Obio.

TomSteber
December 3rd, 2009, 13:17
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

STANDING O for her!

Couldn't agree more.

Merry Christmas, you know, the day we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ our Saviour!

Snuffy
December 3rd, 2009, 14:29
How cool is that ...

I recommend that all of us here do what Debra just did!

:wavey:

modelr
December 3rd, 2009, 14:44
Wow, what a gal. She's a keeper, Obio. :applause::applause::applause::applause::ernae::er nae:

Merry Christmas, to you both.

Bill Kestell
December 3rd, 2009, 14:45
Tim!

OUT-STANDING ... WHAT A WIFE!:engel016:

cheezyflier
December 3rd, 2009, 15:09
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause::applause::applause::applause:

STANDING O for her!

Couldn't agree more.

Merry Christmas, you know, the day we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ our Saviour!

:applause:
i'm standing with you

Curtis P40
December 3rd, 2009, 15:18
Love it :applause: now, where's their address..
Curt:kilroy:

MCDesigns
December 3rd, 2009, 15:22
Way to go!! :ernae:

Snuffy
December 3rd, 2009, 15:28
Love it :applause: now, where's their address..
Curt:kilroy:

You may also write to the ACLU at 125 Broad Street, 18th Floor, New York NY 10004.

edmoore235
December 3rd, 2009, 16:07
Merry Christmas to you and your outstanding wife, Tim. All the best from me and mine.

Ed Moore :monkies:

Jagdflieger
December 3rd, 2009, 16:11
Good on her!!!!

Chacha
December 3rd, 2009, 16:39
Outstanding...

Very good! Very very good.... :applause:

Cloud9Gal
December 3rd, 2009, 17:06
Tim-

You tell Debra Jean that she makes us proud! Good for her! I applaud her values!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy110.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Duckie
December 3rd, 2009, 19:09
SALUTE to "DJ". What a girl! Thanks for sharing her faith with us!

Merry Christmas to one and ALL.

Sincerely,
Duckie

Naismith
December 3rd, 2009, 22:25
Are there not more pressing issues for the ACLU to embroil themselves with? I think they diminish their relevance by this type of objection.

Lionheart
December 4th, 2009, 00:18
Thats pretty cool to hear OBIO.

:engel016:

I hope she is doing awesome.

Bill

stansdds
December 4th, 2009, 01:54
I send Christmas cards (I make sure they specifically say "Christmas") to the ACLU every year. As I understand it, all mail is opened because they must check each piece for donations.

FengZ
December 4th, 2009, 03:02
I agree completely. I hate the "marry holidays" crap! :)

Even in Singapore, where the religion is very diverse, they say Christmas. Because IT IS Christmas, not some random holiday...

-feng

Navy Chief
December 4th, 2009, 03:10
:jump: Tell your wife, she is a real trooper!

Navy Chief