PDA

View Full Version : EXE.xml problems

Rezabrya
December 3rd, 2009, 12:52
I hate the EXE.xml. Everytime I try to mess with it, it always ends up screwing up somehow. Right now I have entries for both WinchX and AiCarriers in there and they both work fine. I am trying to add an entry for FSRecorder but when I do, all three end up not working. What am I doing wrong here? I will attach a copy of my EXE.xml so you guys can take a look.

NoNewMessages
December 3rd, 2009, 14:41
There are no entries for FSRecorder in there, so there's no way of telling what the error may be.

GaryGB
December 3rd, 2009, 15:28
Hello:

You might wish to use the excellent freeware "ModuleToolX 0.4" to do those edits of EXE.XML and DLL.XML.

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxutil&DLID=117187

BTW: There have been rare reports of edits to the active "Standard.XML" failing to be retained, and users have further edited both the working copy:

C:\Documents and Settings\[current user account or profile name]\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\Controls\Standard.XML

(Windows XP 32-bit path shown)

...as well as the "template copy" in the [FSX install path] root folder to be sure the edits were kept.

But, I don't think you should have to do anything so drastic if you get the XML correct in the EXE.XML for *.EXE files, and get the XML correct in the DLL.XML (for *DLL modules in FSX root or \Modules sub-folder).

You'll likely also need to fix something in FSX.CFG to resolve this; and you should NOT have to rebuild your FSX.CFG from scratch to be successful.

To fix an already malfunctioning configuration for an executable FSX add-on that needs to be re-approved to run as a "Trusted" app, you may have to go into the active working copy of FSX.CFG, and "comment out" the problematic app to make sure you are presented with another opportunity to "re-approve" it the next time FSX loads up.

FYI: To "comment out" a Trusted app statement in FSX.CFG, place a double slash "//" followed by a space at the beginning of the line for the problematic app in the [Trusted] section near the bottom of FSX.CFG.

That, in conjunction with doing your edits of the configuration XML files above with ModuleToolX 0.4 may have you running a bit easier.

PS: Be sure in your XML files that the app has "Disabled" set to FALSE, and "Manual Load" set to "TRUE" so it will load and trigger the approval prompt at FSX startup. ;)

Hope this helps ! :mixedsmi:

GaryGB

Rezabrya
December 3rd, 2009, 15:34
Wow I am stupid. The FSrecorder program is a dll and not an exe. I looked in the dll.xml and found the entry sitting nice and pretty right inf ront of my eyes. Thanks anyway guys!

GaryGB
December 3rd, 2009, 15:41
OK, so now you owe us some nice screenies of what you did in FSRecorder (I haven't seen any in a while... fabulous stuff !!!) :icon_lol:

Happy Flying ! :cool:

GaryGB

Rezabrya
December 3rd, 2009, 16:13
Lol I am just starting out so my screenies would be worthless! I promise you that once I train up a bit I will provide some shots. I think tonight I will record a flight of P-47s or L-39s.

Rezabrya
December 3rd, 2009, 17:00
Well just my luck, I am already having problems. I recorded a flight over Key West in my L-39, but when I went to play it back as traffic, the plane never shows. What gives?