PDA

View Full Version : A Familier Sight in Rise of Flight!

gajit
December 3rd, 2009, 05:19
Just had a bit of a do with a Fokker DVII

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/CRCAM.jpg

(Sorry to post here but no ROF section yet)

txnetcop
December 3rd, 2009, 05:34
I can't wait till Christmas I have dropped hints all over the place to family!!! This sim looks outstanding, I don't mind a few bruises falling from the sky:jump:
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

gajit
December 3rd, 2009, 05:35
I hope that Santa delivers it for you - you deserve it :ernae:

One slight problem i find is that when i get back in an FSX plane is that i keep expecting to be shot out of the sky! Always watching me 6!

Pepere
December 3rd, 2009, 05:42
I tried the demo couldn't work it. Had to remove the demo download file in Safe Mode? Kept saying It was busy?

David

Cazzie
December 3rd, 2009, 06:43
I have looked for it every time I walk in Wally World, but to no avail. I, too, am dropping hints.

I think as RoF catches on, it is going to need a separate corner in the Outhouse.

Beautiful screen gajit.

Caz

Snuffy
December 3rd, 2009, 07:31
Doesn't look good for you Gajit Not one you might have walked away from.

I'm doing another career ... I've bought all the latest expansion stuff and am running the latest patch ...

I have yet to see any tripes ... Lots of other boggies though. Out of 8 missions so far, I've only had one failure to complete.

By far an outstanding sim.

limjack
December 3rd, 2009, 07:34
I have been reading up on this and sure looks to be a lot of fun. Adding to Christmas list as well. Until I will just :kilroy: wait.

Jim

foreigndevil
December 3rd, 2009, 07:50
I've just installed Over Flanders Fields Phase 3. A lot more planes than in RoF, thousands of a/c skins, more gameplay possibilities, also great graphics (although no grass moving in the wind on the airfield), etc. The demo of RoF convinced me that this was not the game for me instead of winning me over.

gajit
December 3rd, 2009, 09:14
And again...

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/SECR.jpg

IanP
December 3rd, 2009, 09:20
As I doubt I'll be any better in the Camel than I am in the SE.5a, I see little point in getting any more aircraft to die in right now.

As much a I love Rise of Flight, I'm really, really, bad at it! :icon_lol:

gajit
December 3rd, 2009, 09:25
So am I Ian.

Wounded (see bullet holes) but got down without crashing this time.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/pal.jpg

IanP
December 3rd, 2009, 10:15
Oh, I'm very, very, VERY good at forced landings without power... Those I can do. I get plenty of practice! :)

gajit
December 3rd, 2009, 10:19
LOL - at the moment the enemy always seems faster and more manoverable and more indistructable than me!!

kilo delta
December 3rd, 2009, 10:23
Very tempted to get this sim...one question though. Does it require being actively connected to the internet? I'm building another PC and don't want any internet connection on it.

Bomber_12th
December 3rd, 2009, 10:37
I had my first aerial combat several nights ago - got two down before I had to land with engine damage. I was flying the Nieuport at the time, and it was extremely tiresome to have to combat the tendancy for the aircraft to go into a spin, while trying to out-turn the opponent at the same time. A little later I was able to get four down, before again my engine was damaged due to a mid-air, though upon landing my gear must have hit a bump in the field, as the whole thing flipped over on its back. So I became an ace in a night, but didn't live to talk to about it. Beyond always flying in circles, as advised by the experts, I even got the chance to do some 'rolling scissor' maneuvers which ended up working in my favor.

Kilo Delta, it does require an internet connection. Every time you start the game, it automatically checks for updates online, and you must 'log in' before going to do any flying, whether single player or multi-player.

kilo delta
December 3rd, 2009, 10:49
Cheers Bomber....I guess I'll hold off buying it then. Pity :kilroy:

gajit
December 3rd, 2009, 13:37
I tried because out of principal - but glad i gave in to the dark side!

gajit
December 3rd, 2009, 13:43
Accident with a tree - engine remained intact for a change - amazing damage modelling on every aircraft - no crash is ever the same.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/dvtrees.jpg

Scratch
December 3rd, 2009, 13:50
There is no other sim like it on any level. It bores you sometime and it can scare the hell out of you many times. No two flights are ever the same. It has a steep learning curve and marksmanship is an acquired skill. Engine management is important also. Best FMs of any flight sim and the sense of altitude alone is worth the price.

I can't wait till Christmas to see how many converts there will be. Prepare to be amazed.:ernae:

gajit
December 3rd, 2009, 23:41
I agree Scratch - took about 5 mins to finally shoot down this one.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/ddfdf.jpg

CBris
December 4th, 2009, 03:54
What nasty Fokkers you all seem to be!

But seriously... I am impressed at the modelling and the scenery. Are planes equally editable (paintable) as in FSX?

gajit
December 4th, 2009, 04:05
Hi Chris.

Lots of repaints appearing and repaint kits are promised. Adding the repaints is simple like IL2.

Snuffy
December 4th, 2009, 05:04
Accident with a tree - engine remained intact for a change - amazing damage modelling on every aircraft - no crash is ever the same.

And this is coming from a man who has proven his experience in this field! :bump:

IanP
December 4th, 2009, 06:43
The latest RoF patch has wiped out all my settings, so I need to go back in and make controls work again before I can invent new ways of failing to complete a mission.

Snuffy
December 4th, 2009, 06:51
That has been an issue (I understand) from the begining ... what I've found as a work around is to set the sim the way you want it then save it as a new map file.

Theoretically, once named the map file won't change ... or so I believe I've read from their forums. But I do know there is a work around for this.

Scratch
December 4th, 2009, 07:25
Imagine what Panther could do to one of these crates!!:gameoff:

gajit
December 4th, 2009, 08:58
And this is coming from a man who has proven his experience in this field! :bump:

LOL - absoulutely right :ernae: