PDA

View Full Version : Real Environment Xtreme for FS2004 (FS9) released!

JayKae
December 3rd, 2009, 05:08
At the risk of spamming:

Phoenix, Ariz. - Real Environment Simulations is pleased to announce the release of the long-awaited software, Real Environment Xtreme for Microsoft's Flight Simulator 2004 (FS9).

"We've received many inquires about our REX technologies incorporated into the FS9 platform," said Tim Fuchs, developer. "FS9 is still an extremely popular and viable platform to develop for, and we believe we have taken it to the next level."

With almost three years in development and refinement for the FSX/FS9 versions of REX, carefully cataloging and photographing real life cloud structure, sky scenes, water scenes and airport environments, Real Environment Xtreme brings a full array of tools to the sim pilot. With a Flight Planner, a Weather Engine and a Weather Avoidance Tool, Real Environment Xtreme gives the sim pilot all they need to make that important bush, recreational, general aviation, or even commercial carrier flight(s).

This environment add-on not only enhances visual realism, but matches that realism to the underlying weather simulation, creating a whole new world in flight simulation for the FS9 platform.

Fuchs, partner Reed Stough and team are tirelessly creating innovative technologies for the flight simulator franchise.

Real Environment Xtreme is available for both FS9 and FSX exclusively from The FlightSim Store: http://www.flightsimstore.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=123

For more information, please visit:

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com

For discussions, please visit:

http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/forum/index.php

OleBoy
December 3rd, 2009, 05:25
Wondering if I should try this or not. I don't like demos :kilroy:

Thanks for sharing this. :applause:

Felixthreeone
December 3rd, 2009, 05:27
Well this sure is fantastic! Thank you Tim for supporting FS9!!

FengZ
December 3rd, 2009, 05:41
WOW! YES!

off to buy now!

EDIT: Careful, looks like the Flightsim Store server is completely overwhelmed and getting confused. I just paid for REX for FS9, but after i confirmed the payment, it gave me the link to download REX for FSX! Doh! Time to contact customer support...but their site is completely down:

"Unable to connect to database server!"

hehe, REX must be popular...hopefully they can fix my order...

-feng

Cazzie
December 3rd, 2009, 06:39
WOW! YES!

off to buy now!

EDIT: Careful, looks like the Flightsim Store server is completely overwhelmed and getting confused. I just paid for REX for FS9, but after i confirmed the payment, it gave me the link to download REX for FSX! Doh! Time to contact customer support...but their site is completely down:

"Unable to connect to database server!"

hehe, REX must be popular...hopefully they can fix my order...

-feng

It was the same when REX for FSX was released Feng, think I'll give Tim and Co,. a few days and get it. have to reorganize everything, Pablo's clouds, the old REP, Active Sky 6.5. But hey, it's a new toy and it is reasonable in cost, particularly for previous REX purchasers.

I'm getting it, but I'll wait toward the weekend or if I'm up early in the morning, maybe try then. But the globe is 24/7. :icon_lol:

Caz

Thanks for the HU JayKae. :applause:

papab
December 3rd, 2009, 07:03
stickey?

papab
December 3rd, 2009, 07:45
Wondering if I should try this or not. I don't like demos :kilroy:

Thanks for sharing this. :applause:

Not a demo the real thing

FS2004 will never be the same again!

rpjkw
December 3rd, 2009, 07:49
I'll be getting this in a day or two when things settle down. It won't be easy, though, since I've been impatiently waiting for some time.

Side note of minor interest: I noticed the US dollar is so weak the price is almost the same as for the Aussie dollar.

Bob

limjack
December 3rd, 2009, 08:12
Just dropped by the 2004 forum ( I hang out in the FSX forum) to say hello and glad that REX has been released for you guys. For those who have waited for it....ENJOY...and for those who are not sure about it...let the testimoinals sell you on it. I love my REX in FSX.

Jim

Felixthreeone
December 3rd, 2009, 09:44
There are going to be a TON of screenies with this one!! I can't wait! I just wish i had more time today to uninstall my old stuff and throw this in...

Wing_Z
December 3rd, 2009, 10:20
Oh yes...also been waiting for this one!
Someone's going to have to come up with a "randomiser" spinner:
what'll the sim look like today? GE Pro, FE, Zinertek, AS6, REX etc etc boy we are so spoiled for choice :applause:

OleBoy
December 3rd, 2009, 11:27
I'm wondering what the enhancement of REX will add to FS Global 2010? I received that yesterday and still not all installed (almost)

Does anyone have any pictures of them both utilized at once?

I may just buy this one too. Anything to make FS9 look better in my books.

There goes my stash!! :bump:

Cazzie
December 3rd, 2009, 14:52
Need help gents.

Just installed REX-2004. When I load my flight, it gets to about 48% and then CTDs.

I also have Active Sky 6.5 Should this be uninstalled? Anyone else had CTD with REX-2004?

caz

OleBoy
December 3rd, 2009, 15:12
Boy Caz. They are the same type animal. And probably fighting each other over the same bone. I would say "yes" uninstall AS

OleBoy
December 3rd, 2009, 15:14
Oh yes...also been waiting for this one!
Someone's going to have to come up with a "randomiser" spinner:
what'll the sim look like today? GE Pro, FE, Zinertek, AS6, REX etc etc boy we are so spoiled for choice :applause:

There's just too many to choose from. Speaking everything in general. One could be spoiled with choice. Not to mention the lining in we's wallets would wear thin...lol

Cazzie
December 3rd, 2009, 15:59
Not REX gang, I uninstall AS 6.5 abd REX, some other bug is causeing FS9 to CTD. Oh well, always the uninstall everything and redo. Works for me, just tiome consuming. I got too much sh-eey in FS9 anyhow, time to apply laxative and re-eat!

Caz

timest
December 3rd, 2009, 16:14
Hi Caz, sorry for the problem you are experiencing, but we haven't had any crashes reported in the weather injection process. Just make certain you have at least the unregistered version of FSUIPC installed.

We do not require that anyone uninstall any software to run REX. As long as you don't open AS while using the REX weather engine, you will be fine.

Cheers, and hope this helps.

FengZ
December 3rd, 2009, 16:36
*cries* i want this so bad before the weekend comes! Still haven't heard back from Flightsim store....hopefully they get back to me soon.

I still have the download link for the FSX version. I think buying it when the server was completely packed screwed up messed the order....lol

-feng

timest
December 3rd, 2009, 18:14
Feng, you should be good to go now :)

Go download.

FengZ
December 3rd, 2009, 18:26
thanks Tim! Best customer service and what a way to support the flightsim community!

downloading now...50% already..can't wait!

-feng

Felixthreeone
December 3rd, 2009, 18:45
I seem to be having issues with the weather engine and the GUI in general....i'm going back to the drawing board and re-reading the manual....

arrowmaker
December 13th, 2009, 06:26
I'm surprised at how small this thread is. I thought this product was highly anticipated and that there would be lots of screenies. I'm still wondering whether I should get this. My quandary is that I already have Flight 1's Flight Environment and I'm not sure if REX for FS9 would offer me any major improvements over that already excellent product. Any advice would be most welcome.

Cees Donker
December 13th, 2009, 07:06
stickey?

My first stickey!

:jump:

Cees

Felixthreeone
December 13th, 2009, 07:41
I'm surprised at how small this thread is. I thought this product was highly anticipated and that there would be lots of screenies. I'm still wondering whether I should get this. My quandary is that I already have Flight 1's Flight Environment and I'm not sure if REX for FS9 would offer me any major improvements over that already excellent product. Any advice would be most welcome.

....after some tweaking and trying out different texture sets, I can say that as long as you stick with ActiveSky for your weather engine, you will be stunned at the difference this addon makes. I definitely recommend it. It runs circles around flight environment and actually delivers some frame rate increases so long as you use the dxt3 low res clouds....i think they look great!

papab
December 13th, 2009, 09:46

Couple of screenies:

arrowmaker
December 13th, 2009, 13:47
Thanks papab. Impressive looking shots. I've also just checked out a couple of You Tube video's. I'll look into it a bit more but my hands definitely reaching towards my credit card. This usually means it will find it. :icon_lol:

papab
December 13th, 2009, 14:10
Go get it-You won't be sorry!!!!!!

Wing_Z
December 13th, 2009, 14:27
I find it difficult to figure out which software does what.
I use Flight Environment, and add Pablo's photoreal clouds to it.
Then I run GE Pro and hope it doesn't mess up everything I've done!
Now there's REX, which looks really dramatic, but I wouldn't want it that dramatic all the time!
How would one work that into the mix - does it allow you to choose which of the textures to install?

Afterthought: looking out of the window from time to time, I am a little disappointed in the cloud textures... ;)

SlamBam
December 13th, 2009, 15:58
Couple of screenies:

The first screen is from FSX isn't it? I didn't think the Realair Duke was an FS9 aircraft?

papab
December 14th, 2009, 02:10
The first screen is from FSX isn't it? I didn't think the Realair Duke was an FS9 aircraft?

Yes my bad-Got mixed up in the batch! The rest are FS2004

Wing_Z: You can select what textures you want(clouds,lighting,water textures) or you can have REX randomize the textures for you. Once you have loaded them into FS2004 you do not have to reload again unless you want to change a texture set.

Cazzie
December 26th, 2009, 03:13
Re-new update at REXsite too. REX-2004 makes it all the more difficult to fly FSX that often. :icon_lol:

And the update fixed the water reflection I did not like.

Now Tim and Jay, let's get some good hi-def roads for FS2004 like REX 2.0 has for FSX.

Caz

Txmmy83
January 2nd, 2010, 06:35
I could not resist any longer and purchased REX for FS9 and are pleased with it

only the long download time was a torture but this is not (net problems on my side that day) used up 10 download tries until I was ready to install

it Replaces Flightenviroment on my system

BR
Tom

Txmmy83
January 2nd, 2010, 12:23
and its the first time ever I need to set a max FPS even on my high performance rig ;)

I have set my Flightsim to 25Frames which is hold stable

BR
Tom

Txmmy83
January 3rd, 2010, 10:31
this is my desktop background :)
http://forum.simaerobatic.com/MGalleryItem.php?id=4

well do a paint for the archer quite soon

BR
Tom