PDA

View Full Version : Abandoned buildings; great photos!

Ferry_vO
December 3rd, 2009, 03:07
http://kingstonlounge.blogspot.com/

:applause:

Chacha
December 3rd, 2009, 03:18
Great shots there....

I hope they are restoring these buildings, they look beautiful..

You can tell that this once looked a beautiful architecture... :monkies:

Thanks for sharing, Ferry!

harleyman
December 3rd, 2009, 03:29
Wow...

The pics are so folorn looking...Sad and lonely..

The Surgeons residence look very much like the interior of both my grandparents houses, now deceased and sold..

Great pictures of days gone past.....Its a shame that each stste does not maintain them at all.... Beautiful buildings...:applause:

lifejogger
December 3rd, 2009, 04:45
Fascinating pictures, imagine all the stories those buildings could tell if they could talk. Sad to see them falling apart like that.

Bjoern
December 3rd, 2009, 06:22
Those pictures somehow make me sad. I think I would just wander around in those ruins and imagine what they were like before.

*Sigh*
I really wish things could talk. You'd surely hear some damn good stories among all the blabbering from the stuff around you.

Snuffy
December 3rd, 2009, 06:38
An amazing find!

Thanks for sharing. Just proves that there can be beauty in decay. :)

brad kaste
December 3rd, 2009, 07:21
Ferry,....you're right. Great photos. Are you sure you didn't take them?

cheezyflier
December 3rd, 2009, 09:16
*Sigh*
I really wish things could talk. You'd surely hear some damn good stories among all the blabbering from the stuff around you.

maybe they would say frightening things...you never know.

Lionheart
December 3rd, 2009, 09:31
Some amazing photography.

Goes to show you have the things of today can be gone or nearly gone tomorrow.. A few years.. but none the less..

Bill

JimC1702
December 3rd, 2009, 09:37
Pictures like that are intriquing. I had attended conferences at some of the big resorts in the Catskills during the 70's (The Concord and The Pines). I found a site on the web with pictures of the way they look now and it was so surreal to see them in that condition. Grass groing in the lobby, moss on the walls, etc. etc.

Jim

Lionus
December 3rd, 2009, 10:03
if I will win in the lottery, I would probably buy one of these and restore it to former glory.. well, the asylum and other hospital like places I wouldn't touch with ten feet pole, but that last place was attractive.

Bjoern
December 3rd, 2009, 11:02
maybe they would say frightening things...you never know.

I'm willing to take that risk. I mean...you're already taking risks when you get out of bed or hold your face up to a fan... :d

cheezyflier
December 3rd, 2009, 15:13
frightening things can still be interesting. i just meant that things aren't always rainbows and butterflys.
sometimes they're rainy days and diahreah

b24_witchcraft
December 3rd, 2009, 15:40
Great photos. Here's an another place full of similar types of photos - http://www.opacity.us/

JoeW
December 3rd, 2009, 15:59
I worked for an architect for about 40 years. I enjoyed it when I could renovate an old building. I surveyed the San Carlos Hotel in Pensacola for renovation but never saw it renovated. That was a really majestic old girl that really needed it. Seeing old buildings just rot away is really a crime. Many have details and construction that can never be duplicated now.

thisizma
December 3rd, 2009, 16:31
True,that beauty is skin deep. I really enjoyed those.

Brian
December 3rd, 2009, 17:41
Nice set of pictures.