PDA

View Full Version : Mom has cancer.

RickN
December 2nd, 2009, 23:58
My mother has been in the hospital with a blockage and tonight I found out they had to remove part of her colon. The doctors say it looks like colon cancer. Asking for a few prayers.

Thanks guys.

Chacha
December 3rd, 2009, 00:05
My mother has been in the hospital with a blockage and tonight I found out they had to remove part of her colon. The doctors say it looks like colon cancer. Asking for a few prayers.

Thanks guys.

Sorry to hear about your Mom, Rick!

My family will be praying for her... (is it ok if we can have her first name)

God bless! :engel016:

OBIO
December 3rd, 2009, 00:05
Prayers are at full throttle for your mother and your family.

OBIO

Francois
December 3rd, 2009, 00:38

Thanks guys.

So sorry for your Mom and yourself, Rick. I know exactly how you must feel I'm afraid......

RickN
December 3rd, 2009, 01:32
Thanks folks, and her name is Wanda.

She is pushing 70 and has had three husbands and ex-husbands die in the last few years and lots of problems with some of my sisters. I am afraid she has just given up the fight.

Right now I am so pissed I want to go up there and start turning sisters over my knee and start spanking butts until they stop all the bickering or I cause them brain damage. Whichever comes first. And if I was not still recovering from surgery I would be headed that way right now.

txnetcop
December 3rd, 2009, 01:50
Dang Rick that is tough, especially family bickering. My Dad just came out of the hospital last week. This time he was sent home to die. He didn't want to die in the hospital. He has fought cancer, heart issues, brain tumor, stroke, etc for 20 years. The cardiologists this time say he only has 30% left in his heart functon.

He is 80 and you would think it would be easier since someone has led a full life to let go. He and I have never been close but he's my dad and it's hard to let go. I have been a praying fool for the last 20 years, since his first heart attack. At least I have had those 20 years of keeping my Dad after they said he would likely die on the table 20 years ago. Prayer works, I have no doubt. I have seen too many things that can't be explained. We are all gonna die of something, it is the cycle of life, but it sure is nice to have our parents as long as possible. Hang tough Amigo, you have my prayers
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

hey_moe
December 3rd, 2009, 01:54
Rick, our thought and prayers are with you and your family....hope all goes well...Mike

Brian
December 3rd, 2009, 02:02
Sorry to hear about this.

Crusader
December 3rd, 2009, 02:04
God Bless your Mom and your family and you Rick.Unfortunately I know what you are going through. I lost both my brothers when they were young in life(18 Y/O and 18 mos)due to illness . I was blessed to have had my Mom and Dad well into their 80's until they passed .

Rich

stansdds
December 3rd, 2009, 02:07
I'm sorry to hear of this, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your mother.

harleyman
December 3rd, 2009, 02:17
Added to my ever growing prayer circle....

Its a rough time to say the least... Been through it myself...

And for Ted too, prayers are outpouring from Statesville and across the world for your dad too !

Snuffy
December 3rd, 2009, 03:07
Petitions sent!

TomSteber
December 3rd, 2009, 03:33
So sorry to hear that Rick, will surely add her to my prayers.
Hang in there the best you can. I too have been through this with loved ones before.

lifejogger
December 3rd, 2009, 04:37

Thanks guys.

You got them.......

RickN
December 3rd, 2009, 17:14
Thanks again folks.

I will not get a chance to see her until this weekend, but I will let her know about all the support.

Cloud9Gal
December 3rd, 2009, 17:40
Sad news indeed Rick! I am so sorry! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-hug005.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

I will be praying for Mom Wanda- http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-angelic001.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

As for you, please stay strong and positive! Many blessings your way~

jmig
December 3rd, 2009, 17:51
Please add my prayers and best wishes for a full recovery to the list.

Lionheart
December 3rd, 2009, 18:06
Add my prayers too Rick. Very sorry to hear this.

I pray she fully recovers. Through God, all things are possible.

I hope they wipe out cancer in the next several months.

Ted,

Im sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he makes it through Christmas and then some..

Bill

boxcar
December 4th, 2009, 04:14
You have mine as well, Rick.
Never a good time not to pray...
never a good time to stop praying...
& listening is the lion's share of it.
Interpretations are stronger than
any words at times, when the loudness
of mind is quieted to listen to the soft
impressions coming to our hearts. May
your mom know healing as well as cure.

mike_cyul
December 4th, 2009, 07:55
In our prayers, and hoping all goes well.

Mike

cheezyflier
December 4th, 2009, 11:49
prayers sent :kilroy:

Gdavis101
December 4th, 2009, 22:32
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom...

safn1949
December 5th, 2009, 07:38
I will send a prayer.mom survived 2 bouts of cancer.She was a hoot.Hang in there buddy and when you see the sisters don't be shy,tell them to put a sock in it and to stop the nonsense.

It's time to pull together,good luck.

gigabyte
December 5th, 2009, 09:52
Full throttle on the prayers from this little corner of the cyberspace, keep the faith, and good luck with the sisters, that is the kind of crap that is so counter productive at a time like this, sending a little extra prayer they come to their senses and support the family now when it is needed.

rayrey10
December 5th, 2009, 15:06
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

RickN
December 8th, 2009, 19:01
Update, they finally got the test back on the section of colon and part of the bowel they removed and the doctor was wrong, it is not cancer!!

I do not know what it is yet and she looked like crap when I saw her Sunday, but at least it is not the big c.

Thanks for the prayers and support folks.

Chacha
December 8th, 2009, 19:06
Update, they finally got the test back on the section of colon and part of the bowel they removed and the doctor was wrong, it is not cancer!!

I do not know what it is yet and she looked like crap when I saw her Sunday, but at least it is not the big c.

Thanks for the prayers and support folks.

Yaaay !

Thank you, Jesus! :engel016:

Navy Chief
December 8th, 2009, 19:29
Great news, Rick! Happy to hear this!

NC

Marlin
December 8th, 2009, 23:03
Good news Rick, she will still get a prayer for a speedy recovery.

Prayer go out to Ted too. You guys hang in there.

harleyman
December 9th, 2009, 01:57
Oh man...That is GREAT news RickN......

Now go give those sisters *What For*

The power of prayer is great !:engel016:

Have a wonderful Christmas with your Mom...

cheezyflier
December 9th, 2009, 06:30
yaaay !

Thank you, jesus! :engel016:

\o/ PTL!!!

Cazzie
December 9th, 2009, 06:38
Prayers for your mom Rick.Great to hear there was no cancer.

I am a colon cancer survivor, had 12-inches removed in 1995, wore a colostomy bag for 6-months, then had a reversal and all's been well since thanks be to God. I pray that your mom has the same good fortune with her op and recovery.

Caz

safn1949
December 9th, 2009, 06:56
I'm speechless and in tears right now,thank God for that.