PDA

View Full Version : Lights and effects off center

Zaku
December 2nd, 2009, 16:54
This has been bugging me for awhile, but I've put off starting a topic about it until now.

All of my effects, most noticeably lights, are off centered to the viewer's left, you can see in the screenshot below:

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7544/offjd.jpg

Does anyone know what the cause of this may be?

hschuit
December 2nd, 2009, 23:24
It is a known FSX issue, as far as I know there is no fix.

regards, Henk.

JamesChams
December 3rd, 2009, 05:46
I've tweeked/"fixed" it recently for my self... Here is the code:-

In Aircraft.cfg
[Lights]
light.6 = 1, -46.10, -6.10, 7.50, fx_beaconb ,
light.7 = 1, -46.20, 6.10, 7.50, fx_beaconb ,

But, it is NOT perfect from every angle; a known Light/Effects 'Bug" in FSX. However, this is close to being dead ON in the aircraft and for BOTH light positions.

Enjoy! :wavey:

robcap
December 3rd, 2009, 09:28
It's an FSX bug.
Strangely enough it depends onaltitude and even location in FSX.
The DC2 has the lights slightly offset in for example Los Angeles.
The lights are all OK in e.g. Munich.
Toggeling views, and go through them all in rapid succession sometimes fixes the bug.
This is the same for model base lights, and for aircraft.cfg based lights.
We broke our heads on it, but didn't manage to get it completely right all the time.

Cheers, Rob

centuryseries
December 4th, 2009, 09:30
It's an FSX bug.
Strangely enough it depends onaltitude and even location in FSX.
The DC2 has the lights slightly offset in for example Los Angeles.
The lights are all OK in e.g. Munich.
Toggeling views, and go through them all in rapid succession sometimes fixes the bug.
This is the same for model base lights, and for aircraft.cfg based lights.
We broke our heads on it, but didn't manage to get it completely right all the time.

Cheers, Rob

It also varies on your planes direction - I find them moving around as well as the viewpoint when slewing and rotating. I raised it during beta, didn't get resolved.....its a pain for me too. :isadizzy:

Lotus got round it with his excellent L-39 modelling the lights rather than effects .fx filing them.

Kavehpd
December 4th, 2009, 09:48
It's a bug. Happens on a completely random basis and has nothing to do with distance, view, CFG coordinates, graphic card, driver, etc.

Unless the lights are built into the model (or SP1/2 uninstalled!), there is no way around it.

Snuffy
December 4th, 2009, 09:53
Hey! I hear the light issue is a bug! :ernae:

Lotus
December 4th, 2009, 10:04
Sometimes I think it isn't the effects code that's broken but possibly the model handling itself. I think that's the same reason that wind can 'push' your eyepoint around in the cockpit even if you have head latency completely zeroed out in the fsx.cfg. I have a feeling that it isn't the eyepoint but the model that's moving, possibly creating that offset problem with the effects. Could even be a holdover from the cylindrical world model (which is still used in FSX, for things like clouds).

Either way, drove me bonkers! :)

-Mike