PDA

View Full Version : New Garden Redo. . .again

falcon409
December 2nd, 2009, 04:10
Still working on this airport to mesh the new photoreal ground and buildings and autogen. Just a bit more to do and it should be complete.

mike_cyul
December 2nd, 2009, 04:47
That looks great! Really nice. :applause:

Mike

DB93
December 2nd, 2009, 06:43
Wow, that looks great, Falcon! Awesome work! :)

falcon409
December 2nd, 2009, 07:51
Wow, that looks great, Falcon! Awesome work! :)
Thanks DB, here's the final work. This completes it as far as I'm concerned. The last photo is a comparison of the Megasceneryearth tiles from the New Jersey sections I downloaded (In the background) and the scenery tile I used for New Garden. Very poor in comparison.

DB93
December 2nd, 2009, 08:03
Looks fantastic. I love the little details like the backhoe in pic 2! :)

Kiwikat
December 2nd, 2009, 08:51
That looks incredible! :medals:

And you were saying your stuff wasn't as good as payware... :173go1:

Railrunner130
December 2nd, 2009, 16:12
Very cool!!

:ernae:

Bomber_12th
December 2nd, 2009, 17:43
Beyond looking very well done, it really looks beautiful, Falcon! I'll certainly enjoy having a bit more runway room for the aircraft I more routinely fly, and still have a short grass strip too. It looks like I can set my Mustang and PT-22 down easily on the paved runway, yet the grass strip will be great for aircraft like my Bleriot. ;)

The buildings and the overall layout of the airport is very cool!

GaryGB
December 3rd, 2009, 08:12
Hi Ed:

Great work ! :applause:

I also like the job you did with night lighting... IMHO, now we're gettin' the FS World to look more like it oughtta' ! :ernae:

GaryGB

calypsos
December 3rd, 2009, 08:18
Really great work blending in the elevation:ernae:, I have been working all day at this task and just binned my latest version.

What method are you using? I use Google Earth and then KML X to set the heights etc, seems a longwinded process....if you are as dim as me, anyway!

robcap
December 3rd, 2009, 09:18
Great job! Available where and when?

R.

falcon409
December 3rd, 2009, 09:30
Really great work blending in the elevation. I have been working all day at this task and just binned my latest version.

What method are you using? I use Google Earth and then KML X to set the heights etc, seems a longwinded process....if you are as dim as me, anyway!
Actually Calypsos, this is all I do:
I use SBuilderX for retrieving the imagery, move that over to PSP8 to do color correcting, night maps and blending. Back to SBX to do the final compile to a bgl. I make up separate scenery and texture folders for the airport, drop the photo.bgl file into the scenery folder, activate it in the Scenery Library and then load up the airport in FSX to take a look.

Once that's in place, I use Instant Scenery and AFX to add the objects and finalize the AFCAD layout. Last thing I use is the Autogen Annotator to fill the vegetation back onto the photoimage.

falcon409
December 3rd, 2009, 09:31
Great job! Available where and when?
R.
Rob,
Probably tomorrow some time and it'll be posted here in the SOH downloads area.

MCDesigns
December 3rd, 2009, 09:54
Actually Calypsos, this is all I do:
I use SBuilderX for retrieving the imagery, move that over to PSP8 to do color correcting, night maps and blending. Back to SBX to do the final compile to a bgl. I make up separate scenery and texture folders for the airport, drop the photo.bgl file into the scenery folder, activate it in the Scenery Library and then load up the airport in FSX to take a look.

Once that's in place, I use Instant Scenery and AFX to add the objects and finalize the AFCAD layout. Last thing I use is the Autogen Annotator to fill the vegetation back onto the photoimage.

what? no snow texture Ed, it's all over New Garden right now, LOL.

robcap
December 3rd, 2009, 09:58
Rob,
Probably tomorrow some time and it'll be posted here in the SOH downloads area. I'll be waiting.:applause:

Shylock
December 3rd, 2009, 10:26
Wow great job on the scenery looks killer Falcon. Cant wait to land the Piper on the grass runway

falcon409
December 3rd, 2009, 10:41
I haven't even tried seasonal textures yet. How is that done Michael?

MCDesigns
December 3rd, 2009, 10:45
I haven't even tried seasonal textures yet. How is that done Michael?

The hard part is creating the actual texture, especially with snow. The rest is set up in the .inf file. Drop me a PM if you want more info.

Railrunner130
December 3rd, 2009, 15:52

Nah. It's been too warm. Rained like... well. Let me just say I almost needed to get out the kayak yesterday...

New Garden is a very complex little airport in real life. There are actually three runways there. Two are grass. One of those is forward of and off the left side of runway 24. That runway is used for glider operations. There is a two story hanger, which hosts the Colonial Flying Corps Museum. Aerobatic Champion Matt Chapman hangers his heavily modified CAP-231EX there. A father-son team rebuilds PT-19s on the field. The FBO uses Piper products for the flight school and they are an Enstrom Sales and Service Center.

It sits up high on a hill. The approach end has some serious rotor winds that have claimed some lives over the years. http://www.ntsb.gov/NTSB/brief.asp?ev_id=20040728X01084&key=1