PDA

View Full Version : Lighten the glass?

TheOptimist
December 1st, 2009, 16:56
Hi everyone.

I'm flying Dave Garwood's excellent Hawker Hunter - but I have a small problem. The glass is a little too dark for my liking. It's making things quite hard to see at times! I end up opening the cockpit just to get some light in!

Does anyone know how I can modify a file somewhere to make the class clear instead of tinted?

Thanks in advance, apologies if this has been covered but I did search.

Milton Shupe
December 1st, 2009, 17:13
I do not have the aircraft but I suspect it is the texture for glass.

The primary might be too dark and could be lightened, and/or the alpha is too light and could be darkened for more transparency.

Rich
December 1st, 2009, 18:36
Did I miss something did'nt know Piglet did one if he did where can I find it.

TheOptimist
December 1st, 2009, 18:46
Did I miss something did'nt know Piglet did one if he did where can I find it.

I'm sorry, I'm getting myself all confused. It's Dave Garwood's, not Piglets. I made the mistake because I was downloading some of Piglet's stuff earlier, which is equally as excellent.

But yes, if you don't have Dave's Hunter, I recommend it.

Rich
December 1st, 2009, 19:45
I've had it since release, I have a idea there was a glass fix for it to lighten the glass. Is your problem in VC ?

I'm sorry, I'm getting myself all confused. It's Dave Garwood's, not Piglets. I made the mistake because I was downloading some of Piglet's stuff earlier, which is equally as excellent.

But yes, if you don't have Dave's Hunter, I recommend it.

TheOptimist
December 2nd, 2009, 11:55
I've had it since release, I have a idea there was a glass fix for it to lighten the glass. Is your problem in VC ?

Yes it is. You can see through the glass perfectly fine, it's not a transparency issue. The glass is just quite heavily tinted and it makes everything a bit dull (as well as quite difficult to make out things on anything except bright days.

DaveWG
December 2nd, 2009, 12:08
Single ot twin seaters? (or both!)

If it's the twins, a clearer glass texture can be downloaded here (http://daveg.cbfsim.org/files/VCglass.zip)

If it's the singles, I'll have to edit the tex and upload it.

Tuor2112
April 14th, 2017, 06:33
Can anyone attach a clearer glass texture option, for either or both, single and trainer? Cheers.