PDA

View Full Version : Commodity Logistics; Auto Trading

Lionheart
December 1st, 2009, 16:56
Hey all,

This is a thread on Commodity Logistics. Its an addon for X3TC and enables you to program trade routes with extreme amounts of settings.

Presently I have it installed but really havent been able to figure it out. Some people have a real blast with this. It has some wild features and details, including creating some pilots (AI) that have seniority levels. The system even puts them on payroll, etc.

Presently I am trying to get a Freighter to supply my HQ base with Energy Cells, Ore, and Computer Components. Havent found a way to have the system drop things off at HQ yet. arrgh.. I'll keep you updated.

This is the download and informations pages on CL at Egosoft;
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=221815&highlight=commodity+logistics

Bill

Chacha
December 2nd, 2009, 03:41
Thanks....

I need this.... :engel016:

GT182
December 15th, 2009, 18:50
Yeah me too. Anythign to make it easier to earn more credits. I still haven't gotten the hang of it yet. I end up buying stuff that I have a hard time getting rid of. :173go1:

I gotta print out the manual so I can figure things out more better. Tho 61 pages will absolutely kill my ink cartridges if I don't or can't get rid of the background color.

Chacha
December 15th, 2009, 19:14
Yeah me too. Anythign to make it easier to earn more credits. I still haven't gotten the hang of it yet. I end up buying stuff that I have a hard time getting rid of. :173go1:

I gotta print out the manual so I can figure things out more better. Tho 61 pages will absolutely kill my ink cartridges if I don't or can't get rid of the background color.

Copy paste it, and print it on black and white... :isadizzy:

Lionheart
December 15th, 2009, 20:53
ChaCha's right,

Copy the pages (selection with mouse cursor) and paste them to Notepad and print Notepad.

It does seem too huge to learn, at least for me. I cant figure it out. I hate to spend several hours on something that I will not use that much, only on learning how it works. It should be a little bit easier. Thats my humble two cents.

Bill

GT182
December 16th, 2009, 05:11
I tried the copy paste bit but it turned out a jumbled mess in Notepad. It's taking a long time to get it all straightened out before I print it. For some strange reason game info and credits all got mixed in together. Other info is all intertwined too. But I'm working on it.

Chacha
December 16th, 2009, 05:15
I tried the copy paste bit but it turned out a jumbled mess in Notepad. It's taking a long time to get it all straightened out before I print it. For some strange reason game info and credits all got mixed in together. Other info is all intertwined too. But I'm working on it.

Gary,

Just copy the instructions.... not the graphics that goes with it.... and it will be fine.. :bump:

Copy it one subject at a time, excluding the pictures or graphics... a lot of job but worth the hassle... :isadizzy:

Try copying it on Word... :pop4:

Craig Taylor
December 16th, 2009, 06:33
Hey all,

Bill, thanks for bringing this up. This sounds like a very efficient way to sort of 'auto-manage' your economy once you have it going.

I read through the first few pages on the linked thread on Egosoft, and was curious about something mentioned called "CAG." It sounded like a different "product" with its own advantages. Is that part of this mod? Has anyone else run across it?

Craig Taylor
December 16th, 2009, 06:47
Presently I am trying to get a Freighter to supply my HQ base with Energy Cells, Ore, and Computer Components. Havent found a way to have the system drop things off at HQ yet. arrgh.. I'll keep you updated.

Bill, might this be your issue?

but if the homebase produces energy, ore and whatever, you can add ONLY stations which are producing also the same things - so it's not possible adding a station which produces silicon.

so, if the hombase ONLY produces all shields ( 1MJ up to 2GJ), cls1 can collect from all your stations all type of shields to bring them wherever you want them. but it cannot collect 'Phased Repeater Guns'....

got me?

with cls2, you can tell your vessel, collecting all the shields from here, all the minerals from there, .... and so on to bring them whereever you want.
it's like public transportation, a subway does not cares if people are waiting in a station or not - it will come, open the doors, close them and goes on...

If I understand the posts in the Egosoft thread correctly, CLS Mk1 limits what a carrier can haul to whatever its home base produces, and further limits how many types of product can be hauled based on a pilot's CLS rank.

However, with CLS Mk2 you can carry whatever you want to wherever you want, without that home base product limitation. I have a feeling, though, that there's still that pesky pilot rank/product type limit to deal with.

Anyway, just some random thoughts. I really enjoy the 'think' aspect of this game!

Lionheart
December 16th, 2009, 08:52
Craig,

Thats awesome! Thanks very much. I really need this to keep my factory stations running smoothly so I can manage everything else.

awesome...

I'll check it out later tonight and see how it works.

Bill

Craig Taylor
December 16th, 2009, 11:38
Bill,

My pleasure! I've learned a lot from your posts so I was glad to be able to give something back in return.

I found "CAG" on the mods/scripts thread that I posted the link to in the other thread. It's for "Commercial Agent." I'm thinking that's the one I want to try out. Seems to be more on the buying/selling side, whereas CLS seems to be aimed at keeping your factories resupplied (at least CLS Mk1). The amount of thought and detail that these modders have put in to the game is amazing, as is the flexibility of the game itself.

Lionheart
December 16th, 2009, 12:50
The amount of thought and detail that these modders have put in to the game is amazing, as is the flexibility of the game itself.

Roger that....

Could you imagine a 'world' of people getting together to make a flight simulator? How all those individuals pooling their efforts together could create such a power sim..

All you need is the platform and the ease of which to do it.

Bill

Craig Taylor
December 16th, 2009, 18:29
Roger that....

Could you imagine a 'world' of people getting together to make a flight simulator? How all those individuals pooling their efforts together could create such a power sim..

All you need is the platform and the ease of which to do it.

Bill

I thought we had that now, with all the additional aircraft, panels, gauges, scenery, airports, textures, etc. Granted its not an entire sim, but I am amazed and delighted with all the extra 'stuff' I have added to FS9 and FSX over the years.

Lionheart
December 16th, 2009, 18:54
lolol... You know, you are right.. Goodness.. Ive been in the forest so long, I couldnt see tree's anymore, lolol..

'where are they!'

Thanks for the correction on that Craig.

Its just overwhelming to see all these cool addons.

Bill

Lionheart
December 17th, 2009, 17:56
Craig,

I cant find that CAG program. I must be looking in all the wong places. I didnt find it in your other post either. Ive forgotten where it is.

I did find Commodities Trader extended, I think Build 2.1 last night. I am going to try it tonight when I get home if I can figure out how to unzip a 'man' file, what ever that is. The file is supposed to be a SPK file, but this has a SPK.MAN at the end. Something odd..

Bill

Craig Taylor
December 18th, 2009, 05:52
Craig,

I cant find that CAG program. I must be looking in all the wong places. I didnt find it in your other post either. Ive forgotten where it is.

I did find Commodities Trader extended, I think Build 2.1 last night. I am going to try it tonight when I get home if I can figure out how to unzip a 'man' file, what ever that is. The file is supposed to be a SPK file, but this has a SPK.MAN at the end. Something odd..

Bill

Bill,

Go to the Egosoft forum link I posted in the thread for Scripts/Mods. At the very beginning of the linked thread there are two posts with loooong laundry lists of mods and scripts, and links to their dedicated threads. I think CAG is in the "1/2" post. The links are grouped for easy browsing, but I don't remember the name of the group its in - something to do with trading, I suspect. I definitely remember seeing it.

There might be some troubleshooting tips in the dedicated thread for your other problem on the Egosoft forum, as well...?

Good luck sorting it out. I haven't had a chance to try out CAG yet. Too many domestic duties. Maybe tonight, or tomorrow. We're due for some 'significant' snow (at least by N. VA standards :icon_lol:) so we'll be cooped up in the house until Sunday. Hopefully I can get the 'honey-do's' out of the way early. :icon_lol:

Lionheart
December 18th, 2009, 07:27
Thanks Craig,

I'll check it out tonight.

Same here with domestic duties.. A family member just had a knee replacement done. Getting things set up for a week or 3 of rehabilitation.

An amazing time we are living in. Bionic bone joints, installed in 2 hours... Incredible..

Bill

GT182
December 18th, 2009, 13:05
Gary,

Just copy the instructions.... not the graphics that goes with it.... and it will be fine.. :bump:

Copy it one subject at a time, excluding the pictures or graphics... a lot of job but worth the hassle... :isadizzy:

Try copying it on Word... :pop4:

Finally got it done Chacha. I wasn't doing it correctly.... File dropdown and "Save as Text" did the trick.

Marlin
December 29th, 2009, 11:53
Do you all have any updates?

I have three freighters sitting at a trading station and would like to put them to work, but I don't have a clue to how would be the best way to go about it.

I already have the cycrow cheat system installed, but I don't think there is any auto trade or universal trading.

Do you have to have the best buy best sell software installed to have your ships do there thing?

Here is another question, I thought that I saw a program that runs in the background that has what is for sale and for how much in all the sectors that you have visited at least once. I forgot who posted that tip, but does anybody have it installed and is it worth it?

gigabyte
December 29th, 2009, 17:02
Do you all have any updates?

I have three freighters sitting at a trading station and would like to put them to work, but I don't have a clue to how would be the best way to go about it.

I already have the cycrow cheat system installed, but I don't think there is any auto trade or universal trading.

Do you have to have the best buy best sell software installed to have your ships do there thing?

Here is another question, I thought that I saw a program that runs in the background that has what is for sale and for how much in all the sectors that you have visited at least once. I forgot who posted that tip, but does anybody have it installed and is it worth it?

Marlin you need best buy and sell plus I beleive the Trading system extension is also required. I know you need it to order ships to make trades with stations remotely when you are not on them. The trading system also will give you prices of all wares in all stations if you have ships in the sector or an advanced sat, if you have no ship or sat in the sector the information you see will be from the last time you or one of your ships visited the sector.

Lionheart
December 29th, 2009, 17:40
Marlin,

If you want to do it simple and get them working, you could go to Cheat/Add Wares/Install all Equipment

Then to go Increase UT Experience to Maximum

You can then go to Control Console/Trade/Universal Trader mode and get it on its way.

Mike is right though, you need Best Buy and Best Sell and the Nav packs. (That 'should' be all you need).

Make sure it has nice shields on it...

Bill

Marlin
December 29th, 2009, 20:13
Thank you Gentlemen.

I have not found out where to get the best sell-buy software yet and beings I'm REALLY trying not to use the cheat menu, I'll just have to wait for a bit more. Once I find them for sale I'll buy enough for all my freighters and go to town.

Bill I like your idea of setting the UT, but I'm in the middle of the story line and there are a lot of people that don't like me at the current moment :kilroy:
I wonder if by changing that, it would reset how they 'feel' about me.

It kind of freaks me out to fly into a sector and see everything RED, nerve racking. But if that is the way it is supposed to be, then so be it.:icon_lol:
***Note to self; make sure those turrets don't open fire all by themselves. (Remove from group 1)

gigabyte
December 30th, 2009, 00:14
Thank you Gentlemen.

I have not found out where to get the best sell-buy software yet and beings I'm REALLY trying not to use the cheat menu, I'll just have to wait for a bit more. Once I find them for sale I'll buy enough for all my freighters and go to town.

Bill I like your idea of setting the UT, but I'm in the middle of the story line and there are a lot of people that don't like me at the current moment :kilroy:
I wonder if by changing that, it would reset how they 'feel' about me.

It kind of freaks me out to fly into a sector and see everything RED, nerve racking. But if that is the way it is supposed to be, then so be it.:icon_lol:
***Note to self; make sure those turrets don't open fire all by themselves. (Remove from group 1)

Marlin, if you are having problems locating anything in the game I strongly suggest getting the X3 Map by Scorp, it is a standalone map program that has an excellent search feature that will tell you where anything you want/need can be found. You can download the program here - http://www.suu-design.com/downloads.html. The other neat thing about this mapping program is you can configur it so that it only displays sectors that you have already discovered in game so it does not add a cheat factor. Having said that I always found that it is a little unrealistic to not have access to a complete map, after all in real life you can purchase a map for anywhere you are going and have it for reference so why should you not have that ability in the game? Regardless this mapping program is an excellent add on and I highly recommend it.

Oh and a quick tip on the Best Buy/Sell locators, they are designed to help make "Profit" right so they have to be made and sold by Teladi - "It's all about the Profits" for them, they kind of remind me of the Frengi from SNG.

Regarding your rep with some races, yes if you trade with a race it will improve your reputation with that race, it will not be easy if they are your enemy now they will not allow you to dock to make trades, however if you go to sectors that do not have "Core level" security, you may be able to adjust the "Friend or Foe" status - which is not a cheat, it is in the General commands menu, to start trading with stations and repairing your good name. BTW if I recall the only races that you should P.O. in the story line are the Pirates and the Xenon, so you may have gotten a little trigger happy in a mission or two and that will be a challenge to repair the relations with "unfriendlies".

Marlin
December 30th, 2009, 00:35
Yesssss, very outstandinggg. You mess with my profitssss and you diiiiie.

Thank you very much, that is exactly the program that I was looking for!!!
This site (Outhouse) is like hitting a gold mine every time I come here.

I guess when I was scanning those freighters looking for space weed, as part of a mission, they got a tad bit bent I’d say. LOL Ah well, just go with it. Seems like a good place to pick up easy ships since they have pegged me as an enemy.
Thank you very much again.

Craig Taylor
December 30th, 2009, 06:49
Hey all,

You can also purchase the best buy/sell upgrades at some of the HQs scattered throughout the galaxy. I believe I purchased my first set at the Terracorp HQ.

GT182
December 30th, 2009, 10:18
Thanks for that map link Bill. That is so cool and a life saver too. :applause: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/Thumbup.gif I hated trying to print out those other TC maps.... what a bummer.

Now I've got to set up a second monitor.

Marlin
December 30th, 2009, 23:27
That map is outstanding and a must have for making money with trading!! Thanks again.:applause: