PDA

View Full Version : Extra heavy load tonight....

limjack
December 1st, 2009, 15:54
The Moon :icon_lol:. Flying into Seattle tonight to make the delivery. Have watched this aircraft make many deliveries over the years and now I can make the delivery!!! PMDG 747f-400 cargo..I am loving it.

Jim

SirBenn21
December 1st, 2009, 16:36
The Moon :icon_lol:. Flying into Seattle tonight to make the delivery. Have watched this aircraft make many deliveries over the years and now I can make the delivery!!! PMDG 747f-400 cargo..I am loving it.

Jim

Looks Great. I bought the boxed version, but I rarely fly it these days. I need to give it a go again.

Ben

EgoR64
December 1st, 2009, 18:04
I Like, it - While Shoping at Best Buy - LOL - I had to look and saw the Queen,only two left so made the Purchase, Flys very nice, I do like the Wing views and the bending wings, cool effect -

Cheers -

limjack
December 1st, 2009, 19:28
I saw it at Best buys as well, my first trip out I picked up the boxed and held it and read all I could on the box and then got intimidated thinking their is no way I will be able to fly this thing and put it back on the shelf. The second time out to Best buys I picked it up again and almost put it down and then said for the price...why not plunge in..not much to loose. Sure glad I gave it a chance. A very fun aircraft to fly as well as learn the FMC on.

Agreed EgoR64...I do love the wing flex animation!!

Jim

BOOM
December 1st, 2009, 19:47
Wow! Beautiful shots! I've yet to see the 747 FedEx,but I see the DC-10 a lot in Chicago/O'Hare.

CG_1976
December 1st, 2009, 20:22
Impressive Atmospheric shots:applause::applause::applause:.

Lionheart
December 1st, 2009, 22:48
That is one huge ship.. Congrats on getting it and flying it. Looks like good fun.

Flying the 'Four Seven' takes alot of know-how. Just the basic one in FS is a real beast to fly. Doing practice patterns can really be difficult unless you have read up on how to fly it.

Does it have an FMC and do you use it? I hear that is a real blast as well. Once you start using one, they say you are hooked..

Bill

noddy
December 1st, 2009, 23:48
Great shots of her.

IanP
December 2nd, 2009, 03:52
I love that aircraft. Bought it a while ago when it was being sold off cheap as a box set by a pilot shop, but must have flown it at least twice since. :(

Other things keep taking priority.

limjack
December 2nd, 2009, 09:05
That is one huge ship.. Congrats on getting it and flying it. Looks like good fun.

Flying the 'Four Seven' takes alot of know-how. Just the basic one in FS is a real beast to fly. Doing practice patterns can really be difficult unless you have read up on how to fly it.

Does it have an FMC and do you use it? I hear that is a real blast as well. Once you start using one, they say you are hooked..

Bill

Hi Bill, yes it does have the FMC and I know the basics. Enought to set up a flight plan but still much to learn. If you have the time it is very cool to sit there at the terminal getting your aircraft ready (cold start) and then programing the FMC. THen it is time to do the push back and fire up the engines (love the sound of the engines firing up). On the flight above I did not program the FMC. Just took off out of Portland and headed to Seattle. Then I played around with the auto pilot buttons (best way to learn for me). Loved the weather that evening that REX gave me and yes I would have to say the 747 is very adictive and I am glad!

Jim

Kiwikat
December 2nd, 2009, 09:10
Those of you who like the PMDG 747 would probably like their MD-11 even more! (especially cargo pilots) It has much better performance on my machine and has more modern systems modeled.

But for 30 bucks at best buy, you can't go wrong with the 744. :engel016:

fliger747
December 3rd, 2009, 02:39
Of course it has been years since Fedup flew any 747's. I once upon a time flew some of their old Prat powered birds (200's) they inherited from Fling Tigers. Myself and another 747-400 captain worked with PMDG on this product and it pretty well duplicates the capabilities of the FMC and the way in which we operate the aircraft. You would be amazed by the effort that PMDG put into this one!!!

Cheers: T

limjack
December 3rd, 2009, 08:01
Of course it has been years since Fedup flew any 747's. I once upon a time flew some of their old Prat powered birds (200's) they inherited from Fling Tigers. Myself and another 747-400 captain worked with PMDG on this product and it pretty well duplicates the capabilities of the FMC and the way in which we operate the aircraft. You would be amazed by the effort that PMDG put into this one!!!

Cheers: T

I know their are other aspects to flying the 747 in the real world but is sure is cool to know that learning to fly the PMDG is close to the real thing. GIves one a small sense of accomplishment.

Jim