PDA

View Full Version : Flight1 P-51 Update

Kiwikat
December 1st, 2009, 07:51
http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=p51dmustang

Has anyone tried the update yet? I'd like to see some screenshots of the updated VC. :kilroy:

Or were the VC textures even updated? It isn't very specific...

bazzar
December 1st, 2009, 19:02
Well I'm no Nick Churchill but here are some of the upgrade.

Not sure on the comment on VC textures so have shown one with Maurice's real one alongside.:engel016:

glennc
December 1st, 2009, 19:53
Here's my penny and a half's worth, based on only one 30 minute flight. I had uninstalled the first release because I just didn't like the flight model. It was way too twitchy on the roll axis and a descent landing was not happening. There was nothing in the 1.02 release notes about the flight model but I thought - couldn't hurt to try it. Based on that rather small test, it feels quite a bit better. I'm satisfied now - pending a bit more time in it of course. Maybe I'm dreaming, but that's my story.

Glenn (obvious disclaimer: I've never flown a real Mustang. The biggest engine I've ever flown for real was in a Cessna 182.)

bazzar
December 1st, 2009, 22:07
Hi Glen,

Glad you tried it again. The flight model was extensively tested by real P51D owners and adjusted to suit their requirements. We have tried to replicate as close as possible, the real thing but within the confines of the sim. No, it is not an easy aeroplane to fly but then neither is the P51D.
Anyway thanks for sticking with it. I am sure, in time you will enjoy it more.:engel016:

noddy
December 1st, 2009, 23:44
Does it require an complete re-install, or is it just a quick patch?

bazzar
December 2nd, 2009, 00:15
That's one for the FLight 1 gang but I would think a complete install would be the shot.:engel016:

glennc
December 2nd, 2009, 16:46
F1's site says a complete re-install. Uninstall the old version first. Use the Flight1 Re-install option.

Glenn

IanHenry
December 5th, 2009, 12:31
So how good is Flight1's Mustang? Obviously it's an Aeroplane Heaven product so that's a good start.
I've never been a big fan of the Mustang (don't know why) and this model seemed to get some bad comments, but looking at Bazzer's screenshots it looks quite stunning and I now find myself very tempted by this aircraft.
Quality wise is it approaching the levels of A2A's later offerings, and how good is the flight model/failures etc?
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Regards,
Ian.

Anneke
December 5th, 2009, 13:40
Quality wise is it approaching the levels of A2A's later offerings
It's personal of course but not by a long shot INHO

IanHenry
December 6th, 2009, 10:50
Well I finally succumbed and bought it and I actually rather like it. One thing that I did notice immediately was that the splendid double rear view mirrors are not visible from the cockpit, maybe Bazzer can answer that one?
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Ian.

bazzar
December 8th, 2009, 02:31
Hi Ian,

Well to be truthful we took a conscious decision to leave out the mirrors as it required a different model for each type.

We may look at including them in future upgrades with some coding to make the different styles switchable or something like that but for now you need to fly fast enough so there won't be anybody in your mirrors anyway...:engel016:

IanHenry
December 8th, 2009, 12:06
Thanks for your reply Bazzer,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I now love your P-51, it looks great and fly's really well. I particularly like the way you can side-slip it during approach to land. I think this model got a lot of unjustified negative comments when it was released but I'm now glad that I bought it. I feel it's certainly as good a warbird as RealAir's Spitfire and that's from someone who never particularly liked the Mustang, as I mentioned earlier.<o:p></o:p>
Keep up the good work.:applause:<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Regards,<o:p></o:p>
Ian.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>