PDA

View Full Version : I got a HUGE check today from my insurance company

hey_moe
November 30th, 2009, 14:59
Well it looks like that the size of this pay out from my insurance company Nationwide, I'll be able to retire soon.....I thought it was against the law to mail something this big without it being certified...total amount .03 cent.....I asked Linda could she handle the deposit by herself..or should we call Brinks to carry it to the bank......Mike

Cratermaker
November 30th, 2009, 15:08
Wow. Don't spend it all at one place!

Kiwikat
November 30th, 2009, 15:19
That's absurd. It cost like 20 times more to print and mail it! :isadizzy:

djscoo
November 30th, 2009, 15:21
One of my dad's friends purposely overpays his bills by 1 cent so he gets a 1 cent refund check. He has a collection under the glass top of his desk. I don't really understand him...

brad kaste
November 30th, 2009, 15:29
I'd hold onto it and frame it.

Navy Chief
November 30th, 2009, 15:43
Years ago, I had overpaid AT&T by about 15 cents. They kept sending me a notice of 15 cent credit. I loved messing with them, and even sent them a change of address so the notices would continue. I figure I cost them a few bucks over several years, having to send me that notice every month.........

Tylerb59
November 30th, 2009, 16:17
One of my dad's friends purposely overpays his bills by 1 cent so he gets a 1 cent refund check. He has a collection under the glass top of his desk. I don't really understand him...

That's funny.

I like his style. :)

Willy
November 30th, 2009, 16:17
Heck, AT&T never gave me credit for any overpayments. Most of the time they'd claim I owed them more...

Lionheart
November 30th, 2009, 17:24
When you said 'Insurance'... I knew... perhaps $10.00??? lol..

hey_moe
December 1st, 2009, 01:53
When Linda gave it to me yesterday, I told her I can't believe they would waste the time and money,plus a forty cent stamp to send something like this. Who ever said a insurance company never waste money...lol.

n4gix
December 1st, 2009, 09:52
The idiocy runs both ways. I once had an electric utility keep dunning me for $0.13 cents. Before they finally stopped, I estimated that over the thirty+ years they'd spent in excess of $800 trying to collect that thirteen cents... :icon_lol: