PDA

View Full Version : 2D Panel Distortion

Moses03
November 30th, 2009, 12:03
Anyone seen this issue before? It occurs only in the 2D panel view. VC, tower, and spot views are all okay. When I first start FSX, the 2D panel is fine. As soon as I cycle through the views it messes up. It happens to all aircraft installed- default and addon. I have not changed any video drivers or fiddled with any FSX settings. This just started happening out of the blue a couple of days ago.

Thanks- Moses

SirBenn21
November 30th, 2009, 13:10
Moses03

Have you installed the latest video drivers for your Display card?

I would suggest that.

Ben

Moses03
November 30th, 2009, 14:00
I updated back in Oct. I guess my only recourse is to try another video driver.

Dangerous Beans
November 30th, 2009, 14:51
Might be heat related, when was the last time you cleaned the dust bunnies out ?

Moses03
November 30th, 2009, 15:46
It's only been a month or so since I cleaned out the bunnies. Will clean and again and try another set of drivers. Dang, I hate changing video drivers because when you fix one thing, another issue seems to get you. I just find it odd that it only happens in the 2D panel...

glennc
November 30th, 2009, 16:02
Moses03,

What is that video card? I agree with Dangerous Beans. The last FS laptop I had looked just like that before it died. It was giving fair warning to prepare.

Glenn

FlameOut
December 1st, 2009, 04:31
Yep, my wife's ol' laptop started doing that....it died...:engel016:...better start backing up everything.

Moses03
December 1st, 2009, 05:05
It's an older ATI card.

It is a brand new Windows XP install on a new hard drive. Don't think anything is about to die. :engel016: