PDA

View Full Version : Top USA Freeware Airport Scenery?

MSW
November 29th, 2009, 20:48
What are some of the best freeware airport sceneries available for the USA? I'm looking for freeware scenery which is made for FSX and not port over from FS9 and the quality is as good or better than payware. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks ahead of time.

Mike

falcon409
November 29th, 2009, 22:08
I'll be watching this thread closely as I am really not aware of anything in the US that's freeware that fits your criteria.

Kiwikat
November 29th, 2009, 22:21
Falcon409 here has made some really nice airports! :engel016:

There's also jdhaenens' excellent works.

Both of these guys' freeware easily rivals many payware airports I have seen. I'm sure there are many more excellent authors as well. Scenery addons aren't my biggest thing. :redf:

falcon409
November 30th, 2009, 04:12
Falcon409 here has made some really nice airports!
There's also jdhaenens' excellent works.
Both of these guys' freeware easily rivals many payware airports I have seen. I'm sure there are many more excellent authors as well. Scenery addons aren't my biggest thing.
Yep, after I closed out the computer last evening I remembered Jim's work. I would consider his a must have for sure as he does some beautiful custom work in his sceneries that are actually better than some freeware work I've seen and much better than anything I'm doing. I don't see mine as rivaling payware because I don't use custom buildings. Mine all use default and scenery object libraries done by others. I appreciate the plug tho kiwikat, lol.:icon29:

Railrunner130
November 30th, 2009, 04:27
I've been downloading Jim Cook's work lately. It's simple and doesn't take up much space on the hard drive. It's also easy on the frame rates.

JoeW
November 30th, 2009, 04:27
There is this "jerk" named Joe Watson that's pretty good. He puts sounds in his airports. Search here and at Avsim.

jdhaenens
November 30th, 2009, 07:21
I've got to agree with Joe.:mixedsmi:

If you're into GA, Try Manny Mahadevan's 52 Foxtrot, or my Wiley Post (KPWA) for a mid to large GA, or Grassroots Airpark (06FD) if you like a grass strip.

For military, NAS Pensacola (ver1.2), NAS Whiting Field North and South, NAS Corpus Christi, and NAS Fallon. NAS Jacksonville, NAS Oceana, and NAS Lemoore are available, but getting a little long in the tooth.

Retro: Floyd Bennett Field (New York City).

Unfortunately, there are few folks doing custom modeled USA freeware for FSX. Art Poole comes to mind. I'll add others as I run across them.

Jim

bkeske
November 30th, 2009, 07:28
Here is a nice site that updates and links freeware scenery packages available on various sites (this is the U.S. page, but you can navigate back at serch for freeware sceneries around the world)

http://walhalla.mine.nu/fsx/us.html

JoeW
November 30th, 2009, 08:08
I've got to agree with Joe.:mixedsmi:

If you're into GA, Try Manny Mahadevan's 52 Foxtrot, or my Wiley Post (KPWA) for a mid to large GA, or Grassroots Airpark (06FD) if you like a grass strip.

For military, NAS Pensacola (ver1.2), NAS Whiting Field North and South, NAS Corpus Christi, and NAS Fallon. NAS Jacksonville, NAS Oceana, and NAS Lemoore are available, but getting a little long in the tooth.

Retro: Floyd Bennett Field (New York City).

Unfortunately, there are few folks doing custom modeled USA freeware for FSX. Art Poole comes to mind. I'll add others as I run across them.

Jim

What .......?That I'm a Jerk ? .......:icon_lol: Or that I'm pretty good? :icon_lol:
Anything Jim does is great ... Search for him too.

jdhaenens
November 30th, 2009, 08:36
Yes:icon_lol:

Bjoern
November 30th, 2009, 16:13
http://walhalla.mine.nu/fsx/us.html

Hey, I wanted to post that...:icon_lol: