PDA

View Full Version : Harleyman, check this out!

Lionheart
November 29th, 2009, 11:17
Hey Mason,

Thought you might find this interesting. Its far from a Harley, and its Yamaha, but looks pretty wild. Note the instruments and the wood grain on the tank, if thats a tank.

Bill

Kiwikat
November 29th, 2009, 11:40
Wow, that's hideous. :barf:

brad kaste
November 29th, 2009, 11:43
Wow, that's hideous. :barf:

Calling it 'hideous' is being kind. I don't think even the 'rice-rocket' boys would buy into this one...........

cheezyflier
November 29th, 2009, 12:53
where do ya put yer feet? i don't see no pegs/floorboards.

kinda reminds me of the gurney alligator:

http://image.automotive.com/f/roadtests/9158210+pheader/lg+gurney_alligator+ride_left_view.jpg

a cool idea that was way over priced. especially for a thumper. if it was an inline 4, and about $15,000 cheaper, i'da bought one. the low cg means it'll out corner anything else out there.

harleyman
November 29th, 2009, 13:33
Hmmmmmm

All you really need is a headlight..A squeeky horn..A tail light, and a throttle....

All that other stuff just breaks...LOL

Snuffy
November 29th, 2009, 13:56
You have to be kidding right?

What happens to your kanolies if you can't stop in time and hit something?

:monkies:

exc141ac
November 30th, 2009, 06:07

The same thing that happens to your brain
if you are sitting higher -- ???

cheezyflier
November 30th, 2009, 06:48

The same thing that happens to your brain
if you are sitting higher -- ???

either way, it's gonna suck:wavey:

Lionheart
November 30th, 2009, 08:34
Ok.. I have another. Found this last night, while looking up Futuristic Planes..

I dont think its the same one from the other day, but the wheels certainly look the same.

How would the front shocks work? Or would they? More like the forks would simply bend for absorbing the shocks of the road..

Bill

cheezyflier
November 30th, 2009, 11:32
How would the front shocks work? Or would they? More like the forks would simply bend for absorbing the shocks of the road..

Bill
the front tubes would have quite a bit of flex in them, and the shocks would be fairly useless with that much rake. not knowing how the hubless wheel attaches, i would be curious to know what the rake trail numbers are for that bike. slow speed handling is probably awful. i wouldn't want to try cornering that bike at any turn less that a wide sweeper. especially with that rear tire. but it looks nice

Tako_Kichi
November 30th, 2009, 12:02
As a former motorcyclist of 19 years straight (all seasons) of which 14 were as a motorcycle riding instructor and 10 as a motorcycle riding test examiner I can't for the life of me understand why people go for this type of bike (or the other monster so called 'cruisers' for that matter).

To me a bike is meant to be ridden and that means having the ability to flick it through all the twists and turns of a winding road at, at least, the legal speed limit. Some of the examples shown in here over the past few months would have difficulty performing a 360° turn in an empty mall parking lot!

I can admire an 'art' bike as much as the rest of you but to me they are just that, a piece of art or sculpture, and not something that should be taken out onto the road as they are just too ludicrous to consider putting into a stream of traffic.

I will take a 'tourer' or 'cafe racer' over a 'cruiser' or 'chopper' any day of the week. Unfortunately I haven't been able to have a bike since I emigrated 17 years ago but I still miss my BMW (the last bike I owned in the UK) on every sunny day!

Snuffy
November 30th, 2009, 12:05
Another thought on Lionheart's and CF's posted pictures.

They look like good cold snow weather riders ... the heat from those cyilnders oughtta keep yer kanolies warm ... if ya don't crush em first.

CADFather
November 30th, 2009, 18:17
It kinda follows the lines of the Victory Vision and/or the Honda Rune. Neither are for me, I'll stick to my Rocket III, it's ugly enough for me. http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb36/CADFather/DSC02103.jpg

Tako_Kichi
November 30th, 2009, 18:20
I remember when the 'Rocket III' was a beautiful looking bike......back then it was built by BSA not Triumph though! The Triumph equivalent was the 'Trident' but it wasn't a patch on the Rocket III IMHO.

harleyman
December 1st, 2009, 03:39
I had several Triumphs over the years..

I think the Rocket 111 is sweet looking personally..

As long as the Lucas Electricks are not present, they are great rides:bump:

cheezyflier
December 1st, 2009, 06:18
To me a bike is meant to be ridden and that means having the ability to flick it through all the twists and turns of a winding road at, at least, the legal speed limit. Some of the examples shown in here over the past few months would have difficulty performing a 360° turn in an empty mall parking lot!

i completely agree with this sentiment. one of the ones that annoys me most is that one with the radial engine. a bike that can't cross the average speed bump.

As long as the Lucas Electricks are not present, they are great rides:bump:

:icon_lol:

even the new ones are wired backwards, even though the quality of stuff is much improved. my buddies 955 s/t is terrible on batteries, i think it leaks charge through the ground. when it's runnin though, boy howdy it can really go!