PDA

View Full Version : I get DSL and you get....

dancat
November 29th, 2009, 04:01
many betas!!! ha,ha
I just moved into my new apartment and now I can get DSL where I live.
I have no tv or life so I have been working and working on models to pass the time.....
as of Dec. 8th I'll have dsl and can now upload all the projects I've been stockpiling. just in time for the holidays!

jaycee
November 29th, 2009, 04:14
As usual excellent stuff D. (hope you never get a TV LOL). On another note, i am glad i seen this as i ment to thank you for your reply about the rocket sounds, but i forgot to, i downloaded your rocket mod and gave it a go (several goe's) but could not manage to get the sound to work for a individual rocket, its either all rockets or none, But thanks for your help.

dancat
November 29th, 2009, 04:26
thanks Jaycee,
ok about the rockets.
sound xml......

<fire_rocket MinDistance="10" MaxDistance="500" Looping="No">
<sound file="xlaunch.wav" FileInt="launch.wav"/>
</fire_rocket>

<rocket MinDistance="15" MaxDistance="500" No3D="NO" Looping="yes" Stereo="No">
<sound file="rocket.wav" FileInt="rocket.wav"/>
</rocket>

<wfr MinDistance="15" MaxDistance="500" No3D="NO" Looping="yes" Stereo="No">
<sound file="wfr.wav" FileInt="wfr.wav"/>
</wfr>

effects xml....

<fx_sound_rocket ClassName="SoundEffect" Sound="rocket" InitialDelay="0.0" MinDistance="25" Volume="100" Loop="1" OneShot="1"/>
<fx_sound_wfr ClassName="SoundEffect" Sound="wfr" InitialDelay="0.0" MinDistance="25" Volume="100" Loop="1" OneShot="1"/>

<fx_rcktexst_s ClassName="GroupEffect" Effect0="fx_rckt_smoke" Effect1="fx_rocket_exh" Effect2="fx_sound_rocket"/>
<fx_rcktexst_wfr ClassName="GroupEffect" Effect0="fx_rckt_smoke" Effect1="fx_rocket_exh" Effect2="fx_sound_wfr"/>

hope that helps.
oh yeah, I have no intentions of getting a tv so I think we'll be seeing a few more Russian planes....IL-2 maybe?????

Frosty
November 29th, 2009, 04:29
I for one am still eagerly waiting for that gorgeous looking P-38...

dancat
November 29th, 2009, 04:40
I can upload the p38 too.
one thing is I SUCK at mapping so the texture on that are really stretched over the fuselage.
if there's any good mappers out there who wanna fix my work let me know!

MajorMagee
November 29th, 2009, 04:53
Have PhotoShop, will travel...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_MdpphCZMDh4/Rddg-QYp2wI/AAAAAAAAABQ/JpYZ-HaoL9A/s400/Have+Gun+Will+Travel+Card.gif

Just let me know what you need.

dancat
November 29th, 2009, 05:07
doing the textures is no problem it's the mapping in gmax that I suck at.
I have no clue how to adjust the fall off and haven't found any info that helps.

jaycee
November 29th, 2009, 07:54
thanks Jaycee,
ok about the rockets.
sound xml......

<fire_rocket MinDistance="10" MaxDistance="500" Looping="No">
<sound file="xlaunch.wav" FileInt="launch.wav"/>
</fire_rocket>

<rocket MinDistance="15" MaxDistance="500" No3D="NO" Looping="yes" Stereo="No">
<sound file="rocket.wav" FileInt="rocket.wav"/>
</rocket>

<wfr MinDistance="15" MaxDistance="500" No3D="NO" Looping="yes" Stereo="No">
<sound file="wfr.wav" FileInt="wfr.wav"/>
</wfr>

effects xml....

<fx_sound_rocket ClassName="SoundEffect" Sound="rocket" InitialDelay="0.0" MinDistance="25" Volume="100" Loop="1" OneShot="1"/>
<fx_sound_wfr ClassName="SoundEffect" Sound="wfr" InitialDelay="0.0" MinDistance="25" Volume="100" Loop="1" OneShot="1"/>

<fx_rcktexst_s ClassName="GroupEffect" Effect0="fx_rckt_smoke" Effect1="fx_rocket_exh" Effect2="fx_sound_rocket"/>
<fx_rcktexst_wfr ClassName="GroupEffect" Effect0="fx_rckt_smoke" Effect1="fx_rocket_exh" Effect2="fx_sound_wfr"/>

hope that helps.
oh yeah, I have no intentions of getting a tv so I think we'll be seeing a few more Russian planes....IL-2 maybe?????

Thanks very much D. ill give that a go. I just luv russian and jap planes, only yesterday i got a italeri 1/48 shturmovik, to build.

remcoc
November 29th, 2009, 10:22
Hi Dancat,

That's good news for every-one!! :jump::jump::jump:
Don't withhold because you think the quality could be better; just release your birds!

RemcoC

hairyspin
November 29th, 2009, 11:02
I for one am still eagerly waiting for that gorgeous looking P-38...

I'll second that! :jump::jump: There was a Hawk too, I seem to remember - Nigel will be drooling in anticipation, methinks.

pete1
November 29th, 2009, 14:57
love your stuff Dancat,can't wait!.p-38,p-40,hawk,polikarpovs,luft 46 stuff-i am so excited

HouseHobbit
November 29th, 2009, 15:08
WOW, one of the Masters is going to Bless all of us with unbelievable aircraft..I am waiting with eager anticipatiion.. To put it mildly..I await everything and anything ..
BRAVO to you and your great works..
:ernae: :applause: :applause:

dancat
November 29th, 2009, 18:47
master?....me?
no, Mathias is the master I'm just a hack.
but I do what I can..

HouseHobbit
November 29th, 2009, 19:49
Well I most well understand all of this is a team effort..To Mathais, and all involved I have to Humbly say Thank You for the efforts..Bravo to each of you..:ernae:

dancat
November 29th, 2009, 21:00
I was just kidding but thanks for the complements.
Mathias is a real good artist, probably the best here in the cfs3 world.
I built the I-153 in about two weeks so it lacks some detail but I'll try'n get a few LOD's done before I up load.

Pat Pattle
November 29th, 2009, 23:05
Excellent! and that cockpit is a beauty. :medals::medals:
I think you're up there with the best of them Jon. :)

gianlucabagatti
November 30th, 2009, 01:11
my compliments dancat; fine work for what I can see but I'm pretty sure it is!
Please go on!!!!

cristiano103
November 30th, 2009, 04:10
Hi Jon

Me too experimented a long wait before getting a DSL connection and so I can understand your enthusiasm........ it is really another world.
So now we are all waiting for your marvelous works, especially that little wonder of your I-16.

Cheers :ernae: and have always good modelling
Cristiano

NSS
November 30th, 2009, 10:59
Jon.

You got any more Luft46 stuff not released??

Please say you have.

dancat
November 30th, 2009, 14:17
thanks all!
there are still some Luft46 planes left to release, most are jets I never finished.
I also have a few gmax models I don't plan on finishing if anyone wants them.

dsawan
November 30th, 2009, 14:58
Good to see you back! that fw189 looks cool and would be a welcome addition to cfs 3. same with the Luftwaffe dagger plane shown above.

dancat
November 30th, 2009, 18:40
thanks!
the 189 was originally built as an ai only model but if someone wanted to work with it, it could be flyable.

Autothrottle
November 30th, 2009, 19:50
Dancat I hope you get your fine works uploaded soon. Good to hear from you once again.:jump::jump::jump::jump:

ndicki
December 21st, 2009, 23:59
Hi Jon! Good to see things are looking on track! :ernae:

Led Zeppelin
December 22nd, 2009, 02:47
Dancat, please, your Curtiss H75!! :running:

Your P38H yould also be greatly appreciated to populate the Tunisian sky in MAW... the HS129 desperately need an opponent :d