PDA

View Full Version : Greetings CF1 pilots

Ariestx
November 28th, 2009, 08:11
I am back on line. You might remember me as General Rall of JG 57. I lost everything in a fire and have spent most of the last few years homeless. I am now in Texas and am rebuilding my "life". I have missed this forum and all the friends I had here. I am on an old PC for now so I won`t be doing any flying for awhile but I wanted to say hello to old friends. Hello Ivan, Hubbabubba, minuteman, Smilo and my old number 1, Vincent. If he still reads the forum. There are others I can`t remember the names of but I say hello to them also.
I see our JG57 planes are still posted on the *****. I am going to dwnload them as soon as I pick up a newer PC. I also have to replace the CFS1 game. not so easy to find anymore.
Well thats all I got to say for now. If anyone remembers me I would like a hello.
Rall

minuteman10
November 28th, 2009, 10:24
~S~ Hank....Sorry to hear of your troubles....Vermont to Texas...quite a jump!!! Some of us are still around. I hope all goes well in your "rebuild". Try eBay for a copy of CFS1. The AAC still gathers every Sunday...the 45th still plays on Tues and Thurs evenings...Best of luck....MM:wavey:

hubbabubba
November 28th, 2009, 14:21
Hello Old *******!*

Sorry for your situation. I suppose, looking on the bright side, that things could only go up from now on.

Only one advice; next PC you buy, make sure you really have a video card in it! lol!

*not considered an insult among distinguished OB like us...:ernae:

Rufus Rafft
November 29th, 2009, 10:20
~S~ Rall,
Ive seen you on the zone, in the old days. Im sorry to hear of the situation, you'll bounce back.I dont know if you remember me, I used to fly with the ATF under a different name. I just reinstalled cfs1 for offline play and am working out the bugs.
Rufus

safn1949
December 1st, 2009, 12:27
Good luck old man,I also lost everything in a fire in 06.When you get up and running install XP to run CFS-1,it's a real pain on Vista.:USA-flag:

Ivan
December 3rd, 2009, 18:14
Good Day Herr Rall,

Sorry to read about your unfortunate events. Glad you are back. A CFS computer isn't all that hard to get. If you were reasonably close, I could deliver one to you. I'm still building stuff for CFS, but not very enthusiastically because there are too many things pulling me in too many directions.

Take Care,
- Ivan1GFP@yahoo.com

HammerinHank
December 3rd, 2009, 18:21
~S~ Gentlemen, I def got some issues but I dont let it get to me. I am getting it back together. I had to sign up here again, the Ariestx handle did`nt work for too long. But thanks to Henry I am back on with my original Handle.

Thanks Henry!:applause::icon29:

Hubba you OB, I get my new PC tomorrow Its a laptop running Windows7. don`t know what problems it will have but its Microsoft and I expect some. And I will check for a video card first thing.:icon_lol:

And you guys remember **** . He is sending me all the old CFS stuff, Cool huh.

Minuteman, good to see you are still kickin it.

Rufus, Tell me your old handle, I might remember you.

safn1949, It probably wont even run on W7 but I`ll keep this old antique and upgrade the memory so I can fly the CFS1 skies again.

I am going to have to look up Ivans old posts, I sure have forgotten a lot about painting aircraft, air and DP files.

Anyone heard from Vincent?

Allrighty then talk to ya all later.

~S~ Hank,(Rall):wavey:

HammerinHank
December 3rd, 2009, 18:33
~S~ Ivan, my old friend.
How are you? And hows the Family? Still on the same job?
I was hopin you still spent a little time on this forum. I was gonna email you, but here you are. I can`t wait to see what you have come up with since we last talked. I am going to set this old Gateway up as a dedicated CFS1 PC. So I can at least fly the CFS skies again. Maybe even build some missions again. You been working on your Gun collection lately.
Have you heard anything from Vincent.
You might remember my son gave me an Akita-Timberwolf hybrid puppy. I still have him. He is about 160lbs now and tuff as hell. Keeps me out of trouble.
Well enough jabberin. See ya,
Hank (Rall)

safn1949
December 5th, 2009, 17:40
It will run on Windows 7 I think,it runs on Vista.But the joystick will be a bear to get working,I haven't tried it on 7 yet but I had to set all of the joystick assignments manually.See the joystick post above this one and feel free to pm or email me with any questions.I will try to help.

Do you need a copy of CFS 1? I have one I can send you,it's not a pirated copy but an original.You can have it,I have more then one copy.

Ivan
December 5th, 2009, 19:32
Hi Hank,

I hope your old email address still works because I sent you a message a couple days ago. Haven't heard from Vince. Everybody in the family has been or is still sick. Now if you thought YOU were jabberin'.....

My status is as follows:
Still in the same old job. Doing more paper pushing, less hands on work. Drives me nuts but it does pay the bills. Still hate the commute.

In CFS, I worked out a data sheet for all the flight testing I do so the format is standardised now. Built a A6M2 Model 21 Zero and a A6M3 Model 22 Zero from my old A6M5. The flight models don't quite climb as well as I would like and I believe it is propeller related. I am working on that but not spending much time on it. Reworked the FW 190A visual model to add a rotating cooling fan and fix the rudder contour which wasn't quite right. I also found a very nice dimensional drawing of the FW 190A and eventually will check my model against it. Was reworking the FW 190A flight model but didn't finish it The goal is to have a very high roll rate AND be AI flyable. I started on a J2M Raiden but haven't gotten very far. I am also doing some research on a Ki-84 and a Me 109K to eventually build something. I started a "Aircraft Painting for Designers" Tutorial here using a CW-21B Interceptor. I still have a couple installments but since I was using custom action figures as tutors, I took a break to work on the next tutor. Folks may recognise this guy which is why I don't have as much artistic license as usual.

I've been doing a fair amount of work with Custom GI Joes and making accessories. Many of the accessories involve the creative use of a printer. The kids are peripherally involved with the end product.

My house furnace gradually stopped working about a month ago and up until last week, we were surviving mostly on space heaters. There were a couple issues like a leaking drain pipe I just checked on and taped up. Will glue the PVC down properly tomorrow when I am alone in the house and can turn the heat off for a couple hours.

- Ivan.