PDA

View Full Version : Some AI help

MCDesigns
November 27th, 2009, 12:27
Hi guys, was wondering if an AI guru could make me a simple flightplan BGL with 6-8 default single engine GA aircraft (one cub please) doing TnGs every two hours or so? the airport is 8S5 Eeast Cooper S.C. (default ADE file has one parking spot, but it shouldn't effect the creation). I have tried myself with AIFP, but no luck.

I was doing some research on another project (Winter Haven) and stumbled on a few websites about Faison Field/East Cooper/ Mt Pleasant Regional. did a tour in FS, fairly nice area by default, found some good sat imagery and now it's almost done, LOL. Here is the main website that inspired me, great story!

http://palmettoair.com/woodytribute.html

ananda
November 27th, 2009, 13:48
The easiest way is to make a set of TTools files then compile them with AIFP (Files/Open TTools File Set, then Files/Compile Traffic BGL).

The files should be something like:

Airports_8S5.txt, containing:

8S5,N32* 53.87',W79* 46.971661',12

Aircraft_8S5.txt containing:

AC#1,100,"Cessna Skyhawk 172SP"

and Flightplans_8S5.txt containing:

AC#1,G3L1,1%,2Hr,VFR,00:00:00,TNG00:30:00,020,R,00 01,8S5,01:00:00,TNG01:30:00,020,R,0000,8S5

You will need to set no clouds otherwise it will do an IFR circuit of 30 miles and will not have time to complete the touch 'n goes.

GypsyBaron
November 27th, 2009, 13:51
Hi guys, was wondering if an AI guru could make me a simple flightplan BGL with 6-8 default single engine GA aircraft (one cub please) doing TnGs every two hours or so? the airport is 8S5 Eeast Cooper S.C. (default ADE file has one parking spot, but it shouldn't effect the creation). I have tried myself with AIFP, but no luck.
-SNIP-

I don't think having just one parking space is going to allow
more than one aircraft to use that field at any given time.
I'd suggest that you add enough parking to accomodate
the number of aircraft that you want to use and then re-try
creating your own AI files.

Paul

MCDesigns
November 27th, 2009, 13:57
Thanks for the replies.

Paul, I do have a new ADE file with 9 spots. I was pretty good at setting up AI for FS9, but seeing as I don't have any of the FS9 tools installed I thought I would ask rather than install it all over again. I was just trying to get the traffic file since I couldn't get AIFP to work, guess I'll keep working on understanding it.

GypsyBaron
November 27th, 2009, 14:29
Thanks for the replies.

Paul, I do have a new ADE file with 9 spots. I was pretty good at setting up AI for FS9, but seeing as I don't have any of the FS9 tools installed I thought I would ask rather than install it all over again. I was just trying to get the traffic file since I couldn't get AIFP to work, guess I'll keep working on understanding it.

Double check your taxi paths and hold short points. Sometimes just a small
error that is easily overlooked will cause AI to have problems.

I used TTools for making many of my custom FSX traffic files.
The one caveat is that you need to then run the BGL file
through one of the available conversion utilities before
placing it into your FSX environment.

As I'm sure you know, TTools is fairly easy to use and it
doesn't have the insanely restrictive requirements of the
default FSX TrafficDataBaseBuilder software.

Paul

Lionheart
November 27th, 2009, 14:50
Michael,

You'll also need the invisible runway AI path as well, line down the middle. (black line on that one?)

Just keep trying. Its always some super small, simple mistake or mis-spelling that keeps the thing from working properly.

By the way, I make traffic for my own planes all the time for FSX with TTools. Just place the traffic BGL in a addon scenery / scenery folder and activate it as Addon Scenery so that it doesnt effect your regular scenery BGL's in FSX.

Bill