PDA

View Full Version : Best Server Provider for Download FPT's?

Lionheart
November 27th, 2009, 06:28
Hey all,

Just thought I would ask here.

Does anyone know of any highly polished, good Server Providers that would work well with a Flight Sim business that deals with downloads?

I might be looking for one this morning and thought I would check around.

I have been with InMotionHosting for over a year now and for 5 days now, I have been offline. Thats just too long to leave a customer hanging in my humble opinion.

Would it be worth it to get my own darn server here at the house? I know nothing about computers.. I figure its best in the hands of professionals..

Thanks for your input and advice.

Bill
LHC

full
November 27th, 2009, 07:16
Im With Servage, never had any problems the 2 1/2 years i've been with them.

Craig

Lionheart
November 27th, 2009, 07:35
Im With Servage, never had any problems the 2 1/2 years i've been with them.

Craig

Thanks Craig. I'll check them out now.

Bill

Ickie
November 27th, 2009, 08:55
Hummm, we have a good server here at SOH, and you know the boss.

Chacha
November 27th, 2009, 09:20

Goodness!...

Why look around, when it is IN your neighborhood! :engel016:

Lionheart
November 27th, 2009, 09:54

Thanks Ickie for the offer. I am honored. I cant put that burden on you guys. Its already enough running the SOH.

News about my server...

6 Days ago, they tell me there was an 'issue' with the server, that a 2 to 3 day old backup was to be installed. Letting me know. I say fine. Total down time, 5 min's.

5 Days ago, I get emails from customers, unable to download their purchases. I inform InMotionHosting. Ansere; "Its all fine, running now. Try it again".

4 Days ago. I assumed that it was running again. Get more emails from heated up customers (I would be more then angry). Cannot download the files. I contact IMH again. Same thing. Much assurance.

For the past several days, I have been emailing them, posting tickets, and the tickets keep saying 'resolved'.

I contact them again this morning, asking why my system is resolved when its not working? I get an email back on how to properly work my FileZilla program, lolololol.... (that was hilarious).

I email the manager there and wait.

I get a phone call a short while ago from head of customer service. Truth comes out. Over 10 gigs and they cannot do a full backup. Last backup was in June. (not a 2 or 3 day old backup). I was supposed to be alerted when I was over the 10 gigs limit. Appears that many people had the same thing happen. I am not the only one.

They offer me an extra free 6 months and a free year service of 'over 10 gigs emergency backup' service, which is usually under $8.00 a month, (I think he said $7.40).

So......... Bottom line, a team of people that cannot manage a server. 5 Days of business lost. My credibility with several customers is gone.

What ever you do, do not go with InMotionHosting, unless... you are ok with how they handle things. If you are serious about being in business, note that your customers come first. You work for them. If you drop the ball, you pay the price. If these people cannot handle a darn server, come up with lies, falsify that the tickets are 'resolved' and cannot do what they say they can do, then its just not good... Not good for business anyways. Why have an extra 6 months if they cannot handle it today. Why have free services if they cannot already handle it. I am willing to pay the normal price, but for a team that have an entire week to fix something and lied about the situation, I cannot afford to have my customers interface with that kind of service.. Thats grim! That is just plain grim!

All files were lost. All of the FTP must be restored..

All in a days (weeks) work. lol....

Bill

Chacha
November 27th, 2009, 10:11
I feel your pain, Lionheart.....

Sorry to hear about that! :(

Get the BEST server QUICK! Even if you pay a little bit extra.... and dependable, too!

Lionheart Creations should not suffer with a down server issue ever.... !!

I pray LHC will be back in circulation the soonest (like now!) :engel016: