PDA

View Full Version : Thunderbirds Hangar Released

jdhaenens
November 27th, 2009, 04:34
The Thunderbirds Hangar is up at Simviation. and Nels will proboably have it up at Flightsim.com later.

Enjoy!

Jim

JamesChams
November 27th, 2009, 04:46
Mr. Jim Dhaenens,

Can one just download and install it into their FSX or, is it strictly for a scenery modeler's use?
Looks Fantastic BTW! :applause:

MCDesigns
November 27th, 2009, 04:46
Looks great Jim!!:ernae:

jdhaenens
November 27th, 2009, 05:07
James, the downloaded package, when installed by the readme file, will appear on the ramp at Nellis AFB. I did not geo-lock or otherwise disturb anyone's ability to use it as a designer's object should someone want to improve the rest of Nellis.

Jim

JamesChams
November 27th, 2009, 05:25
Thanks Mr. Jim Dhaenens!

I'm NOT at my FS System to download/test it and was wondering if it was intended for Modelers or general use. I like the idea of having more authentic airport/hangers into the default especially, when I fly my Thunderbird's (Aerosoft) F-16. This will make that awesome field all-the-more visually appealing; much appreciated. :applause:

jmig
November 27th, 2009, 05:56
James, the downloaded package, when installed by the readme file, will appear on the ramp at Nellis AFB. I did not geo-lock or otherwise disturb anyone's ability to use it as a designer's object should someone want to improve the rest of Nellis.

Jim

WHAT? No rest of Nellis? Jeezzz some people. ;)

It is beautiful Jim. Now, if you ever decide to work on real military airports.... :jump:

I hope you guys had a good TG?

jimjones
November 27th, 2009, 06:08
Impressive hangar and internals. Will download from flightsim.com when available. Thanks.

jdhaenens
November 27th, 2009, 09:27
It's up at flightsim dot com now.

Thanks John, Our TG was good as well.

Enjoy!

Shylock
November 27th, 2009, 13:07
Good work once again Jim.

FOXY
November 27th, 2009, 14:54
Thanks Jim for this wonderful add on. This will add allot of realism to our team. Come check out what we are doing with this product. http://fsxthunderbirds.forumotion.net/general-discussion-f1/fsx-thunderbirds-hangar-t1048.htm (http://fsxthunderbirds.forumotion.net/general-discussion-f1/fsx-thunderbirds-hangar-t1048.htm) Once again thank you so much from the FSX Thunderbirds.

huub vink
November 27th, 2009, 15:32
Thanks Jim, for again a very nice add-on.

However I have a slight problem, as they are not visible at Nellis AFB.....

I have cecked and double checked everything, but the only hangars on Nellis AFB are the default ones.....

Huub

jdhaenens
November 27th, 2009, 16:03
You did activate it in the scenery library? Are the default hangers gone (The four on the tarmac where it turns toward the fuel station)?

huub vink
November 28th, 2009, 00:47
Yep, its have activated and present in the scenery list. This is what Nellis currently looks like (Thunderbird hangars installed).

Thanks for your help,
Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/nellis.jpg

jdhaenens
November 28th, 2009, 05:33
OK, It looks like the exclude is indeed working. There are five files in the scenery folder of tbrdhgr folder.

cvxNELLIS.BGL is an autogen exclude (probably not even needed, but I didn't check summer) 1KB

excnellis.bgl is an exclude for the existing hangars. It is set to exclude generic buildings only. 1KB

klsvobj.bgl is the object library for the hangar. This is where the model is. 458KB

klsvobj.txt is a text file generated by Instant Scenery giving the GUID and friendly name of the models in the object library. 1KB

klsvp.bgl is the KML placement files in .bgl format. This is what actiually places the model in the right position. 1KB

There are three textures in the texture file:

tbhgr.dds 2049KB
tbirdflags.dds 513KB
hdort.dds 129KB

I can't imagine what could be wrong unless one of the files is corrupted. or you have another exclude working. You may want to try to remove the excnellis.bgl file and see if the hangar appears with the default ones. That would locate the problem as a corrupt exclude file. That's about the only real troubleshooting other than checking the file sizes that I can think of.

Jim

falcon409
November 28th, 2009, 08:27
In 1989 I was deployed to Nellis with the 301st FW while we still had the F-4 and got a chance to walk through that hangar. . ."spotless", you could eat off that floor. I spoke with a crew chief that was there polishing Thunderbird "1" and he asked if I wanted to get a few photo's. So I went over and stood by the aircraft. . .he said. . ."no, not there. . .climb in and get a good view". Somewhere, I still have two shots of me sitting in the cockpit of Thunderbird 1 in that hangar. Thanks Jim!!

huub vink
November 29th, 2009, 00:41
I'm afraid FSX has its own will here. All file have the correct size and removing the excluding file just brought back the default hangars. As I downloaded from Flightsim the first time, I downloaded the package from Simviation.
Removed everything, reinstalled it agian, however still no luck.

Its a pity, but there are worse things in the world (I think I should park my T-bird somewhere else).

Thanks again for your help Jim and the efforts you put in our hobby. Your previous scenery all works perfect and is still enjoyed!

Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/T_Bird_6_eject.jpg

jdhaenens
December 8th, 2009, 03:23
As I was sending the hangar off to some folks who are planning to redo Nellis, I thought of one other thing to try. The Hangar has a 2048 X 2048 texture. You may want to resize it to 1024 x 1024 and see if it helps.

Jim

dswo
December 8th, 2009, 05:38
Thanks Jim for this wonderful add on. This will add allot of realism to our team. Come check out what we are doing with this product. http://fsxthunderbirds.forumotion.net/general-discussion-f1/fsx-thunderbirds-hangar-t1048.htm (http://fsxthunderbirds.forumotion.net/general-discussion-f1/fsx-thunderbirds-hangar-t1048.htm) Once again thank you so much from the FSX Thunderbirds.

Foxy, I notice from your screenshots that you're using the IRIS model (or at least not the Aerosoft one, because it has two seats). Is that true for the Thunderbirds team as a group?

Merlin216
December 8th, 2009, 06:54
Foxy, I notice from your screenshots that you're using the IRIS model (or at least not the Aerosoft one, because it has two seats). Is that true for the Thunderbirds team as a group?
We actually use the old Lago. It has a D model in there I guess. The only one on the team who uses the Iris is our #8 pilot.