PDA

View Full Version : Great Planes on Military Channel

rayrey10
October 28th, 2008, 20:47
Now show premieres Weds 29 Oct @ 2200 hrs (U.S. East Coast time) on the Military Channel. The first show is going to be on the F-111. Just set my DVR.

http://military.discovery.com/tv/great-planes/great-planes.html

rayrey10
October 30th, 2008, 06:06
Well the show turned out to be on the Skyraider. Pretty good show! My rig is down so I have to resort to SOH and the Military Channel to get my plane fix :costumes:

Daveroo
October 30th, 2008, 06:34
Well the show turned out to be on the Skyraider. Pretty good show! My rig is down so I have to resort to SOH and the Military Channel to get my plane fix :costumes:
doggone it..i was gonna watch it..but didnt feel well so i went to bed as i didnt care much about the F111...dang:banghead:

rayrey10
October 30th, 2008, 07:55
Sorry about the "false advertisement" but the Military Channel website said that the show was going to be on the F-111...Sorry! It looks they have updated the listing. Anyways, now it says that next week (5th of Nov) the show will be on the P-40. I programmed a series recoding on my DVR since I work at night.

Prowler1111
October 30th, 2008, 08:38
HUmm..looks like the old "discovery wings" but reloaded...

Prowler

Navy Chief
October 30th, 2008, 08:52
If it's the same series I think it is, they'll probably include one done on the A-7 Corsair II. Years ago, I bought a DVD of it off of EBAY, because that particular episode was not broadcast in the US, and I had to convert the dvd region to be able to play on my machine.

NC

Bomber_12th
October 30th, 2008, 10:16
I was hoping it was going to be the same 'Great Planes/Wings' series that I grew up watching as a kid (an amazingly good series), but unfortunately it is completely new, hosted by Major Moga, the same F-22 pilot who hosted Air Combat. It definitely looks to be a better series than Air Combat, thankfully, though still with some noticeable editing problems. I was quite pleased with the footage they pulled together, and the information all seemed spot on. I sure like this new trend much better than the History Channel's 'Ice Road Truckers' or Discovery's 'Crab Fishing', and I am looking forward to further episodes.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I recorded it for my grandma, who worked on building the tails of Skyraiders in the late 40’s - mostly riveting, and I know she will like seeing it, especially since there was a great deal of information pertaining to how much the Skyraider was admired by those who flew it and were helped out by it.<o:p></o:p>

Lionheart
October 30th, 2008, 12:25
In the last two days, I have seen some awesome aircraft shows on there late at night. One was Skunk Works, and another was X-Planes (prototypes of NASA). Great stuff.. I learned alot.

I miss Discovery Wings.. I am ready to drop the war channel. Not really into guns and tanks. Well, maybe Panzers and Shermans, but just not the war type. I miss the actual tutorials on flying, like landing a 172, etc. That girl that was getting her license was a good show. Those were the days.