PDA

View Full Version : Eye Surgery..

Prowler1111
November 26th, 2009, 17:46
guys..
So i decided to get rid of them dang glasses, tomorrow iīm face to face, mano a mano with a lazer to get rid of them...so, iīll see" you better" tomorrow!

Best regards
Prowler

Quicksand
November 26th, 2009, 18:13
Prayers are coming your way, Prowler.

rpjkw
November 26th, 2009, 18:23
I had cataract surgery 5 years ago (the poor man's lasix since insurance paid everything except $50.) and it's been wonderful to need glasses only to read.

Good luck and I know you'll enjoy your new found freedom.

Bob

lifejogger
November 26th, 2009, 18:30
Good luck. I am sure it will go alright and you will soon forget that you ever wore glasses.

Lionheart
November 26th, 2009, 19:44
I pray it goes well Prowler. Thats good news.

I would love to get rid of my glasses.

Bill

harleyman
November 27th, 2009, 03:15
Best of luck with that...

I have heard its easy and a great surgery to get done...

Railrunner130
November 27th, 2009, 04:42
Good luck! You're braver than me.

GT182
November 27th, 2009, 04:49
Good luck Prowler. Seeing better without glasses is great, but at times you might not like what you see better. ;)

Wish I could get rid of these dam reading glasses too.

Chris, brave is a finger of speach.... remember where you work at DANG. LOL

Cloud9Gal
November 27th, 2009, 07:01
I'm sure the surgery will be a success and you'll come back to us with a renewed sparkle in those eyes!
http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Winks/b-wink.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/Free-Winks-Smileys.html)

Toastmaker
November 27th, 2009, 07:42
Best of luck - should be a piece of cake ! Let us know how it went -

:kilroy:

Snuffy
November 27th, 2009, 08:43
I've thought about this too. Last time I checked on it ... oh some 10 years or so now, I was told that my problem couldn't be fixed with laser. I'm at a point where I need new glasses so an up coming appointment will be considered with a laser qualified opthamologist just to see if what my problem is, isn't now correctable.

I've heard that pretty much any optical condition can be corrected by laser now.

Short story about a couple Aunts of mine.

They both went and had their eyes done at the same time by the same Dr. Their instructions were to go home close their eyes, do not smoke and do not watch tv ... well one does exactly like the doctor tells them, and of course the other doesn't.

Needless to say, the one who obeyed the directive of the Doctor is doing fine. And the other, her eyes are worse than when she went to have the procedure done.

So the moral of the story here Prowler ... do what the doctor tells you to do after the surgery.

Trans_23
November 27th, 2009, 08:50
Good luck Prowler. If my insurance covered it I would have done it 10 years ago.

Craig Taylor
November 27th, 2009, 09:35
My wife had the procedure a few years ago. She's been very pleased. The only downside she's had is a chronic "dry eye," but it's as much a part of age as the surgery. She now uses Restasis drops to stimilate tears.

I got to watch the whole thing, which was very strange to do. It looked like a pretty straightforward procedure. Hope everything goes just as well for you.

Bjoern
November 27th, 2009, 12:46
Have fun, Prowler!

My eyesight is rollercoastering around. Started with -1.0, then it was -2.0 and now it's back up to -1.25. Weird.

Chacha
November 27th, 2009, 12:50
That is one quick operation, my mother-in-law had it and she loved it.... She looks 10 years younger....

We pray all goes well with the procedure, Prowler! :engel016:

Snuffy
November 27th, 2009, 13:04
That is one quick operation, my mother-in-law had it and she loved it.... She looks 10 years younger....

Question: How does having your eyesight surgically corrected by laser make a person look younger?

Chacha
November 27th, 2009, 13:15
Question: How does having your eyesight surgically corrected by laser make a person look younger?

...LOL..

Well she doesn't wear thick glasses anymore! :engel016:

PRB
November 27th, 2009, 13:22
I had the "radial keratonomy" procedure done back in 1994 ("olden times") before the laser method became widespread. I've always been a big baby when when it came to sticking things in my eyes. I couldn't even wear contact lenses because I couldn't put the darn things in my eyes. It was almost ("almost" hell...) a phobia. But I let this doctor cut my eye with a really sharp knife. I can't explain it. Anyway, it was a huge success, and my eyesight was 20/20 from 1994 until very recently, when it has become apparent that I either need it done again, or I'll be back to eye glasses. 13 years is not a bad deal, I figure. But the RK method was very simple. Just a few strategically placed cuts and it was over. I've looked into the laser method, and I don't think I want that done to me!!

Good Luck, Ron!!

TeaSea
November 27th, 2009, 15:19
I had PRK done by the military, and the procedure is painless and pretty quick. Recovery with PRK as opposed to regular Lasik is uncomfortable since you are leaving the part of the tissue exposed, however the numbing drops work very well. I will say, no one told me about the smell (burning flesh)...which was probably just as well.

For those who haven't had this, the laser shoots very small bursts and makes a little pop as it fires. It takes literally only seconds per eye -- and you will see the improvement immediately (even with PRK).

My surgery went pretty well and I've not needed glasses for distance vision for over 5 years. However, I now need them to read comfortably (this is an age issue -- your lens does not remain as flexible as you age and you can't bend it to focus). Still, well worth it, and other than a little dry eye now and again, I've been pretty pleased. I can do all kinds of things now and see great!

So Prowler, let us know how it came out.

Prowler1111
November 30th, 2009, 09:36
Thanks for all the wishes!
It went great, iīmjust back into the computer but cant stay longer than 3o minutes (30 minutes intervals) due to ti e being so recently, the whole thing took 12 minutes, but let me tell you something, there was a slight second when i felt i was part of the horror movie "Hostel"..lol
I got 20/20 eyesight now, but still got fuzzy on close range, Dr. says it will adjust with time, all in a week period, i was allowed to drive today, but man!!, itīs great!
Best regards
Prowler

Chacha
November 30th, 2009, 09:37
It went great, iīmjust back into the computer but cant stay longer than 3o minutes (30 minutes intervals) due to ti e being so recently, the whole thing took 12 minutes, but let me tell you something, there was a slight second when i felt i was part of the horror movie "Hostel"..lol
I got 20/20 eyesight now, but still got fuzzy on close range, Dr. says it will adjust with time, all in a week period, i was allowed to drive today, but man!!, itīs great!
Best regards
Prowler

Feels 27 again! :applause:

Snuffy
November 30th, 2009, 09:58
Best regards
Prowler

Darn man ... that surgery affected yer spelling ... LOL! :bump:

Glad to see it went well for ya Prowler ... so 12 minutes of your time at a cost of what 2500 dollars now days?

cheezyflier
November 30th, 2009, 11:26
glad to hear it all went well. good for you! :applause:

GT182
November 30th, 2009, 12:09
That's great Prowler. Glad it all went well. :applause:

Navy Chief
November 30th, 2009, 13:06
Great to hear you are ok, Ron, and that the surgery went well!

Pete