PDA

View Full Version : Who needs a Veyron with a paltry 1000bhp.....

kilo delta
November 26th, 2009, 15:18
..... when you can have a 1500bhp Lambo instead!?

Co2FdKhm-_c

:isadizzy:

cheezyflier
November 26th, 2009, 15:39
there's a couple of gallardo's i see right in front of my apt in the summer. one is yellow, the other is a color like red wine

Lionheart
November 26th, 2009, 19:38
Awesome engine..

I can see an issue with that X configuration exhaust system, causing a moderate amount of pressure backup. The turbo exhausts almost face each other with their exhaust stacks (huge tubes). If they kept them seperate or had a more aligned direction meeting so that the exhaust wasnt facing each other, it might up the performance of the vehicle.

Its like restricting the flow instead of creating a smooth exit for the pressure of the exhaust..

Just a humble bit of advice.

noddy
November 26th, 2009, 23:26
There is Bristish sports car by Keating that will produce up to 2000BHP, the standard is 650BHP but you can up grade to the 2000BHP!!!

http://www.keatingsupercars.co.uk/gallery.asp

Mind you it's as ugly as anything!

wombat666
November 27th, 2009, 00:26
I'm more than happy to see just over 300 genuine BHP out of my 37 year old 2.7 litre flat six.....:173go1:
All of it use-able as well.

kilo delta
November 27th, 2009, 01:53
Doesn't seem to have much trouble transferring the power to the road/track either..

8BwIniaHIUE

...though the AWD system is a necessity.

Good Lord....the sound of it is awesome!:gameon:

cheezyflier
November 27th, 2009, 03:17
i don't know about this case, but often times a slight back pressure is coupled with valve overlap to scavenge the cylinder and create a better vaccum for the intake stroke.

tigisfat
November 27th, 2009, 08:23
i don't know about this case, but often times a slight back pressure is coupled with valve overlap to scavenge the cylinder and create a better vaccum for the intake stroke.

It all depends. You are correct that backpressure (a small amount) is healthy for NA engines, but your theory is off for all engines with forced induction, especially ones with turbochargers such as the engine of topic. There's a reason that mufflers for turbocharged engines are different and usually a straight through design.

Further, valve overlap is unhealthy for forced induction and a wide lope separation up to 114 degrees on a split pattern cam is best. To make the most out of boost pressure, it must all be retained. Too much overlap will blow boost out of your exhaust. On a supercharged engine blower efficiency is very crucial because engine power is parasitically lost to driving the head unit. My supercharger is a paxton novi 2000; at full tilt it needs 60hp just to be turned but I still see 37hp per lb of boost on average because of a good split pattern cam with a wide lobe separation.

Brian_Gladden
November 27th, 2009, 09:38
Lambo may take this car in the twisties but in the 1/4... Stang wins.

_fmShD6SO14

Lambo 9.11

Stang 8.78 and street legal. Not to mention probably an 1/8 of the money invested too.

Brian

Lionus
November 27th, 2009, 12:59
and they both need to have their engines rebuilt after couple runs.. I'll take the Veyron, it comes with guarantees and it's part of VW Longlife-service too. :173go1: not to mention that even a grandma can drive it.

tigisfat
November 27th, 2009, 18:27
and they both need to have their engines rebuilt after couple runs.. I'll take the Veyron, it comes with guarantees and it's part of VW Longlife-service too. :173go1: not to mention that even a grandma can drive it.

nah, modern 4340 forged internals can live a long time under a beating. There are street-legal fox body mustangs that can run 9's and 10's all night long, every single run-what-you-bring night at the local dragstrip and then go get milk on the way home.

My 95 cobra is undergoing a motor change right now (for a change of pace, not for failures) but it ran for two years and countless street and strip passes under 14 lbs of boost and 600rwhp. I've hit consistent mid 10's in the 1/4 on slicks. I can drive it anywhere on pump gas and it stays cool. It has power steering, AC, all that good stuff; this isnt' a race car: it's a street car that can corner too. Such is life with modern materials, machinework and forced induction. US cars are faster than they've ever been.

I'm sure that 8 second mustang got race gas when it was at the strip, but he can probably drive that bad boy.

My friend's uncle has a 900hp street legal ferrari that drives just like any other car. I've been in it for rides to 187 mph on Green Valley blvd in Vegas.