PDA

View Full Version : Vortices

UKVoodoo
November 26th, 2009, 08:21
Hi All

Not sure if anyone can help me here as its to do with gauges, ive edited alot of my aircraft to use a gauge that controls vortices in tandom with G loads but they all seem to be tied up to the strobes in the [LIGHTS] section

Im wondering is there anyway to change the gauge so that it ties up navigation lights instead of strobes?, my teams aircraft use the strobes and landing lights as different colour smokes so we can use red, white and blue without changing aircraft

Thanks
Matt

hschuit
November 26th, 2009, 09:30
Matt, you have to open your XML gauge file with e.g. a text editor and change the following event id's / variables:

STROBES_TOGGLE => TOGGLE_NAV_LIGHTS

LIGHT STROBE => LIGHT NAV

Once that is done, update the light circuit number in the aircraft.cfg [lights]:

light.xx = 2, ......... => light.xx = 3, .........

(3 is the circuit number of NAV lights)

cheers, Henk.

UKVoodoo
November 26th, 2009, 10:21
Thanks Henk

When I opened my vortices.xml file in notepad it showed

<Gauge Name="EF2KVortices">
<Element>
<Select>
<Value>
(A:G FORCE,Gforce) abs 10 4 / &gt; (A:AILERON RIGHT DEFLECTION,degrees) abs 11 &gt; || if{ (&gt;K:STROBES_ON) } els{ (&gt;K:STROBES_OFF) }
</Value>
</Select>
</Element>
</Gauge>

Do I need to be changing the STROBES_ON and OFF section at all bit confuzzled :kilroy:

Matt

hschuit
November 26th, 2009, 11:09
Matt, NAV light does not have separate ON/OFF event id's like STROBES so simply replacing them will not do it in this case. However, many roads lead to Rome, this is one you could try:

<Gauge Name="EF2KVortices v2">
<Element>
<Select>
<Value>
(A:G FORCE, gforce) abs 4 &gt; (P:TIME OF DAY,enum) 1 == &amp;&amp;
if{ (A:LIGHT NAV,bool) ! if{ (&gt;K:TOGGLE_NAV_LIGHTS) } }
els{ (A:LIGHT NAV,bool) if{ (&gt;K:TOGGLE_NAV_LIGHTS) } }
</Value>
</Select>
</Element>
</Gauge>

BTW: The TIME OFF DAY check makes sure the effect only works during daylight hours. Vortices look like bright flames in the dark and that is not what most of us want.

cheers, Henk.